Swimming Pool Fence

patongphil

Driving me up the wall this. Just bought new house with pool and really want to put some form of fence up as have young kids in family.

Looked into the pool covers but not really practical IMO so am now looking for some ideas on how to build a fence around the pool which is not too unsightly. Prefer some sort of structure that we can remove when we have friends over for BBQ etc.

No joy from the local pool people here so thought I would give the forum a go.

Did not contact me but here is an idea although not cheap. Stainless steel columns with tempered glass. Perhaps have slots with some clips so they can slide out when you need. Make a latch at the top of the gate on the pool side so kids cannot reach it. This is the best looking safety fence as you still basically have unobstructed view of the pool. It is so important as I was at a funeral at Wat Chalong a few years back & just prior to his cremation a 2 year old kid, who drowned in a backyard pool, was cremated. Truly heart wrenching as no parent should ever have to suffer the loss of a child.

This was 9 years ago. Local builder, local wood. Very similar to a small 3 ft garden fence you'd find attached to a English cottage garden. Our kids were under 2 at the time, so they couldn't get over it. We sold the house and kept in touch with the new owners, who took the fence down, as there kids were swimmers. Hope that helps a touch. I'll try and dig out a photo.

This was 9 years ago. Local builder, local wood. Very similar to a small 3 ft garden fence you'd find attached to a English cottage garden. Our kids were under 2 at the time, so they couldn't get over it. We sold the house and kept in touch with the new owners, who took the fence down, as there kids were swimmers. Hope that helps a touch. I'll try and dig out a photo.

Thanks mate - sort of where I am heading at present.

Hey mate ... check out home pro in chalong there is a display for fly screen doors there ( out the front of the IT shop ) I'm sure they had some pool fencing which looked good.

We installed a glass pool fence which worked out good ... I'm not even sure if the company that did that is still around i'd have to ask the wife .... but be warned with any thing you ewant to get done around the house you have to watch them like a hawk !!! .. or you could end up with something you don't want ... good luck.