Water Bills?

blackman

i have often wondered what is the consumption threshold for a water bill that makes it go over the basic 353.10 baht

i have two bills for this month from separate houses

one has used 9 units

one has used 11 units

both bills have the same cost of 353.10 baht

i imagine that this 353.10 must be the cost of pipes, supply, taxes etc and includes a certain amount of units of water included in with the basic bill up to a certain level

if so, whats the unit consumption level before one incurs further charges per unit used, on top of the basic bill?

anyone know?

edit

just found an old bill and it was for 14 units used but still was 353.10

so it must be more than that

Edited by blackman

Here are two baseline or minimum bills...B 85 and around B350. When I rented a house owned by a Thai lady, I always paid 85 baht. When I bought my own house in a company name, the minimum bill for a corporate entity is around 350 baht. Solly but don't know how much water one gets with the baseline bills but it's quite a lot.

• Like 1

Here are two baseline or minimum bills...B 85 and around B350. When I rented a house owned by a Thai lady, I always paid 85 baht. When I bought my own house in a company name, the minimum bill for a corporate entity is around 350 baht. Solly but don't know how much water one gets with the baseline bills but it's quite a lot.

thank you

so do you recall if your bill has ever exceeded 353.10?

thank you

so do you recall if your bill has ever exceeded 353.10?

No never more that that 350; and house has a garden so the baseline allotment must be decent size.

The 35x baht bill is because the house is company owned. Privately owned houses basic water bill is around 8x baht. The basic price includes a number of cubic meter waters, I'm sorry but I don't know how many. The only time I went over the base price was when the ballcock in an underground tank broke off and the water kept flowing until we realized when the bill for several thousand baht was handed over.

I can give you an exact answer on this.

The only time I've gone over was this bill:

22,000 litres (22 units)

433.60 baht (water charge)

30 baht (service fee)

32.45 baht (tax - 7%)

Total = 496.05 baht

433.60 baht/22 = 19.71 baht per 1000 litres

Normal bill is 300 baht (water charge) plus 30 baht (service fee) plus 23.1 baht (7% tax) = 353.10 baht

You get 15 units @ 20 baht per unit as your baseline charge... so if you go over 15,000 litres you pay extra. I did ask the water board guys about this charge. I don't know why my calculated amount above is only 19.71 baht... but it's close enough.

I can use as many units as I like for 353.10 baht because despite having the water guys around twice to fix it, it's still jammed.smile.png

Hells teeth. 10 units costs 40 baht in my Isaan village. I don't drink it but I guess you wouldn't drink Pattaya water eitherbiggrin.png

previous month my bill was 1500+

last month my bill was over 4000

this month 353.10

i am a bit interested in how it works

22,000 litres (22 units)

30 baht (service fee)

32.45 baht (tax - 7%)

Total = 496.05 baht

Normal bill is 300 baht (water charge) plus 30 baht (service fee) plus 23.1 baht (7% tax) = 353.10 baht

You get 15 units @ 20 baht per unit as your baseline charge... so if you go over 15,000 litres you pay extra. I did ask the water board guys about this charge. I don't know why my calculated amount above is only 19.71 baht... but it's close enough.

I can use as many units as I like for 353.10 baht because despite having the water guys around twice to fix it, it's still jammed.smile.png

thanks Tropo

i am going to water works today to have them explain it to me as a bill breakdown on a 4000 + baht bill when paid at the waterworks because it was late says a unit is 141 baht

meantime how did you jam the meter........?

ok, thanks to those who have contributed to this thread

most of you were correct to a greater or lesser degree

heres the definitive answer i got from the water office banglamung staff

353.10 is the standard bill for company owned houses

included in with the other stuff that make up the bill, is usage of up to 15 units of water

any units over the 15 unit allocation are charged at 141 baht per unit

mystery solved

22,000 litres (22 units)

30 baht (service fee)

32.45 baht (tax - 7%)

Total = 496.05 baht

thanks Tropo

i am going to water works today to have them explain it to me as a bill breakdown on a 4000 + baht bill when paid at the waterworks because it was late says a unit is 141 baht

Could you scan the bill so I can read it?

It just jams up and stops ticking over. It used to work on and off, but these days it reads 0 on my bill.

included in with the other stuff that make up the bill, is usage of up to 15 units of water

mystery solved

They do not charge 141 baht per unit over 15... someone is taking you for a fool. They only charged me 20 baht per unit over 15.

Please scan the bill and post it. Just above the water charge it will indicate litres of water used. How much was that?

22,000 litres (22 units)

30 baht (service fee)

32.45 baht (tax - 7%)

Total = 496.05 baht

thanks Tropo

It just jams up and stops ticking over. It used to work on and off, but these days it reads 0 on my bill.

your post made me look again at the big bill again and realise i have the notes i made at the waterworks were jumbled and in my haste to impart them, i read them wrong

so the numbers were 3176-3317=141 units

the cost of which was 4385.93 total

so 4385.93 divided by 141 = 31.1059 a unit

i expect i really should deduct 15 units or 353.10

anyway its my intention to stay under 15 units in future

(a leaking ballcock caused the big bill)

thanks Tropo for forcing a return to look again

22,000 litres (22 units)

30 baht (service fee)

32.45 baht (tax - 7%)

Total = 496.05 baht

thanks Tropo

your post made me look again at the big bill again and realise i have the notes i made at the waterworks were jumbled and in my haste to impart them, i read them wrong

so the numbers were 3176-3317=141 units

the cost of which was 4385.93 total

so 4385.93 divided by 141 = 31.1059 a unit

i expect i really should deduct 15 units or 353.10

anyway its my intention to stay under 15 units in future

(a leaking ballcock caused the big bill)

thanks Tropo for forcing a return to look again

That was a nasty bill!

Making the adjustment, I get 29.76 baht per unit for your extra units. Perhaps they've increased the per unit charge, or the price goes up as you use more as I definitely only paid 20 baht for my extra units.... an extra 7.

Edited by tropo

mystery solved

One month last year I used 17 m3 (a unit of water here is 1 m3) and the charge was the basic 353 Baht. A couple of months later I used 18 m3 and the charge was a little bit higher than the 353 Baht, not a large amount but just a few Baht. Then early on this year during the dry season I was using a lot of water in the garden and decided to top up the koi carp pond. While I was doing that I got distracted and forgot all about the hosepipe and the fish pond and it stayed on all night. The next morning it had delivered around 10 m3 into the fish pond, so my total usage for that month was around 27 or 28 m3. The bill was over 600 Baht, and I remember that I did a quick estimate at the time and they were charging me around 25 Baht/m3 for water over the 17 or 18 m3 'free' volume.

mystery solved

Good work but can any translate he cubic m3 water unit into litres...so how many litres is 1 unit of water.

heres the definitive answer  i got from the water office banglamung staff

mystery solved

Good work but can any translate he cubic m3 water unit into litres...so how many litres is 1 unit of water.
Where did you go to school?

1m3 water is 1000 liters .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

mystery solved

Where did you go to school?

1m3 water is 1000 liters .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Obviously not as good a school as you :)

So the baseline amount is 15 thousand litres a month. I have a 1000 litre tank and probably use 5-6 tanks a month at most. Good to know.

So to confirm - the minimum the bill is going to be in a house is 353.10 baht??

We're in a house but its in the wife's name not a companies.

Thanks

i have two houses with government water

both are in company names

last month both bills were 353.10

apparently thats the baseline with 15,000 litres (15 units) of water included

if go over that allowance, it appears to be around 30 baht a unit of 1000 litres

my previous gradually inflating bills of 1000-1500 baht a month and then my huge bill of 4000+ finally alerted me to a problem

this was caused by a leaking system at the one house that's now been resolved

i hope to keep it within the 15 unit inclusive range in future and will be watching the meter closely

as to houses owned by individuals rather than companies, not sure

i am also not sure if any of that helps you but i tried...

regards

BM

• Like 1

Thanks

Someone above mentioned the base line for privately owned houses is 85 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

What is the per unit govt rate for residential water?

Any surcharges or tiers for using a lot?

My understanding is that tap water is very cheap.

Thanks

Most of the people on this thread are being charged the corporate rate (353.10 baht minimum)... perhaps someone who pays the lower residential rate can answer this question.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Thanks

its been covered already in this thread

house in private name is 85 baht basic bill and includes 15,000 litres of water

house in company name is 353.10 baht basic bill and includes 15,000 litres of water

if you use more than 15,000 litres then its charged at around 30 baht per 1000 litres

At my Jomtien condo, I generally pay B80/month. I think once or twice over the past nine years I may have paid a bit more, but the regular amount, which I assume is the minimum, is B80/month.