how many farangs are wearing a wig in LOS?

giggles

dont know about wigs, but i see about 10 freshly divorced caucasian males with horrifically bad dye jobs and even worse women very time i hit a mall or venture out on sukhumvit.

A few in Chiang Mai too.... 50 year olds with leather pants and a Mohican....and ginger too, makes you shudder! (Sex Pistols tattoos....god help us at immigration)

Edited by Briandajew

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being bald is a sign of virility in the West! Why anyone would want to disguise that fact and put the ladies off with a wig is beyond me.

Even the Thais think it's cool to be bald.

It is not a sign of virility in the West. That's a myth perpetuated by bald men who either can't afford or aren't good candidates for hair transplants. laugh.png

Thais think it's cool to be bald??!!

I've never met any group of men who are as precious about their appearance as Thai males.

I wouldn't be surprised for a nanosecond to hear that hair gels, mousses, waxes and creams for men sell more in Thailand than the equivalents for women.

Thais aspire and admire Hollywood movies, hence there fascination with the virile action man bald look...

http://www.imdb.com/list/-UO-fLemzJI/

Wigs/syrups are for the insecure.

Most premier league football players shave their hair and how popular is footy in Thailand?

Thai women get hot hot at the thought at a bald man and preferably with a hairy chest to, trouble is Thai men are slow on the uptake but they are getting there under spiritual guidence and laughter.

CCC

Edited by Chittychangchang

It is not a sign of virility in the West. That's a myth perpetuated by bald men who either can't afford or aren't good candidates for hair transplants. laugh.png

I've never met any group of men who are as precious about their appearance as Thai males.

I wouldn't be surprised for a nanosecond to hear that hair gels, mousses, waxes and creams for men sell more in Thailand than the equivalents for women.

Thais aspire and admire Hollywood movies, hence there fascination with the virile action man bald look...

Most premier league football players shave their hair and how popular is footy in Thailand?

Thai women get hot hot at the thought at a bald man and preferably with a hairy chest to, trouble is Thai men are slow on the uptake but they are getting there under spiritual guidence and laughter.

CCC

Hey maybe they do aspire to be like Hollywood stars etc. Shit, I do too - I love Vin Diesel and Bruce Willis in their movies but am I gonna shave off all my hair?

Don't be ridiculous.

Most EPL footballers shave their heads??!! Where'd you get that from?

Ok I don't follow football in any way but I know that the most popular players have full heads of hair. Ask 10 Thai men whose look they'd rather have - Christiano Ronaldo or Wayne Rooney (before his hair transplant) then report back.

As for your assertion about Thai women getting hot for bald men, where on earth do you drag this nonsense from?

Come on; you're a smart enough fella. You do realise they'll tell you what you want to hear if they think they can make bank out of you, right?

• Like 1

HS

There is no doubt that most bald guys, including me, would prefer their hair back smile.png

And I agree that I looked better with my crowning glory, but are bald heads so hideous that we should have hair transplants? ( as you inferred earlier)

I could certainly afford one, but I accept my fate and go through life happily without the hair plugs or syrups that the vain and insecure minority seem to favour.

I have a brother who has a full head of hair, and he smokes about 50 fags a day.

He often chides me, from a distance, about my slap head.

I'd take my lungs over his hair any day of the week :)

It's all about putting things into context.

Edited by chonabot
  • Like 2

Who needs a wig or dye? I lucked out with family genes. My mother passed away over the age of 90 without even any gray hair. I haven't lost any hair that I know of.

Same same NeverSure...

However, I'm as grey as grey thing (battleship blonde) but it never ceases to amaze me at the vanity of some blokes. Just grow old gracefully. Some of the syrups' I've seen look like they're ready to scuttle off down a sewer somewhere and bad dye jobs stand out a mile. Do they not see in their mirrors what other people can see?

HS

There is no doubt that most bald guys, including me, would prefer their hair back smile.png

And I agree that I looked better with my crowning glory, but are bald heads so hideous that we should have hair transplants? ( as you inferred earlier)

I could certainly afford one, but I accept my fate and go through life happily without the hair plugs or syrups that the vain and insecure minority seem to favour.

I have a brother who has a full head of hair, and he smokes about 50 fags a day.

He often chides me, from a distance, about my slap head.

I'd take my lungs over his hair any day of the week smile.png

It's all about putting things into context.

Bald heads aren't hideous but as you say, most bald men would like their hair back.

The plugs of old are a distant memory. These days they do very refined and virtually imperceptible transplants follicle by follicle. Well that's what Wayne Rooney had done - FUE is the technique.

• Like 1

Are these the same guys who insist their wife uses vaginal tightening cream?

That is something I will never know ! The mere thought of it will give me nightmares for weeks. (did you mean whitening, or tightening) ?

Definitely tightening. It's supposed to make a woman feel like a virgin. I have seen the whitening too though. I felt quite sorry for the pretty standing in JJ market advertising genital whitening lotion with a big fake smile on her face.

CCC

Hey maybe they do aspire to be like Hollywood stars etc. Shit, I do too - I love Vin Diesel and Bruce Willis in their movies but am I gonna shave off all my hair?

Don't be ridiculous.

Most EPL footballers shave their heads??!! Where'd you get that from?

Ok I don't follow football in any way but I know that the most popular players have full heads of hair. Ask 10 Thai men whose look they'd rather have - Christiano Ronaldo or Wayne Rooney (before his hair transplant) then report back.

As for your assertion about Thai women getting hot for bald men, where on earth do you drag this nonsense from?

Come on; you're a smart enough fella. You do realise they'll tell you what you want to hear if they think they can make bank out of you, right?

When i was 20 i cut it short at 40 same, just not that bothered about having hair.

It's not that big a deal for me and many others.coffee1.gif

Wigs and hairpieces are from a different generation imho, If people feel happy and more confident wearing them then good on them.

But has no Thai women ever told you they prefer bald men? Next time put it to her, you never know you might join the baldy ranks for the experience.wink.png

Edited by Chittychangchang

Being bald is a sign of virility in the West! Why anyone would want to disguise that fact and put the ladies off with a wig is beyond me.

Even the Thais think it's cool to be bald.

CCC

Dude there is a difference between shaving one's head cos he is prematurely balding just like bruce willis and jason staham vs someone that does it for fashion's sake and mind you footballers like say david beckham do it just to get a new look and they do it once just like changing clothes. You don't see beckham permanantely with a shaved head do you?

The ones other than the balding men that do it constantly would be black/african men cos their hair would be all messy if they didn't do it.

Honestly i have heard the same exact thing from some posters in other forums in regards to hair. Like someone would ask so how do you know if you are balding or something like i am balding help! and without fail someone will come in with hair doesn't matter at all! Who needs hair? whistling.gif Which is the dumbest sounding thing of all cos hair does improve one's facial aesthetics. Unless someone has really curly and frizzy hair like say some jews or black men and then the bald look would be better or he is balding so he has patches of hair missing it is better to have your hair rather than have no hair. Even men that prefer short hair don't totally shave themselves bald.

I recently met up with an old friend and he has the male pattern balding syndrome so he decided to shave his head totally bald to avoid look awkward and he looked much older bald but at least he looked better than with patches of hair missing so if you suffer from some serious male pattern baldness with a large patch missing on the crown of your head and your fringe missing then it's better to be bald.

Don't compare it to famous personalities like beckham or brad pitt in fight club cos they shave it bald for fashion's sake or to play a role.

PS i tot brad pitt didn't look so good anymore when he shaved his head totally bald towards the end of fight club.

dont know about wigs, but i see about 10 freshly divorced caucasian males with horrifically bad dye jobs and even worse women very time i hit a mall or venture out on sukhumvit.

Man, how many old dudes are there around with dyed red hair?? Do they think that black/brown is too obvious?

The reddish hair is a product of the darkening. One of the products, Just for Men, has a reddish tinge about the final color, regardless of the tone used. I have an acquaintance who had a reddish tinge, and I asked him.....honest!!

Indian men use henna and that gives a very orange/red final color. Their use may be a religious thing, not sure.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

I have the horseshoe effect but carpet everywhere else, LOL but one on my sons picked up my genes and at 37 he has only marginally more than me at 67 and boy oh boy his brother gives him sh*t over it when doing a wind up but no problem, he is rich.

I have never even contemplated the rug effect, but I have seen some really bad ones and lets face it, if they are really good, you do not notice them??

Observation: It seems like most Thai men don't go bald and don't even go grey. So is that what Thai women are used to, expect?

Observation: There are bar girls that have wigs or lots of extensions. Got a great girl in Misty who leaves hair after our tumble.

• Like 1

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies in advance if this link has already been put up.

If you want a great laugh check out the product reviews for this mens hair removal product:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/277-5041607-5493901?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Thanks canman. Amazon has become a repository for some of the world's wittiest writers. This one is especially good. P1ssed myself laughing.

is there a market for sales of good wigs to bald farangs who have never ever considered a wig?

its an untapped market imo.

labour is cheap for making good wigs with human hair .

I think being bald is part of the mongers uniform along with the Tattoos, facial hair, fat bellies and shorts, I mean altogether, not individually.

Who needs a wig or dye? I lucked out with family genes. My mother passed away over the age of 90 without even any gray hair. I haven't lost any hair that I know of.

No but you seem to have lost your feature blink.png Mercury in the skin whitener?

I believe male pattern boldness carries down the maternal line - so your mother's dad would be the one to look at.

My granddad on mum's side had a full set of hair when he died mid 80's - my dad on the other hand was practically bald by 20. I'm 43 and so far so good (wouldn't say I haven't lost any to thinning - but no holes!)

My mothers dad was bald, and I have all my hair.

Only last week I was with my mate in the beer garden and as you can expect, the guys with the wigs, were actually more interesting to stare at than the bgs

Hair and moustache in different colour is a giveaway but also everyone of them was sitting as far away from a ceiling fan as possible.

.....which then brought about a hilarious and pissed discussion about the glue they use.

vanity doesn't really matter here,in the west it does, hair loss is devastating, but here I could get a girlfriend of I had no arms and legs,was blind,and stank....just need a pocket and inside the pocket is a wallet.

Come on guys lose the wig....and the jeans, you really do look ridiculous.

Sent from my GT-I8160

Mr Eyecatcher, you were doing really well until that last sentence, it's the shorts that look ridiculous, not the jeans. In saying that, I think I am the only Farang in Thailand who never wears shorts, except for swimming.

I wonder what his next question will be? How many men wax their <deleted>?

Don't know about waxing but what's wrong with shaving ones <deleted> and nether regions ?

Although quite popular with the under 30 set, like all men's grooming fashion trends, it started off in the gay community.

I find it quite amusing to see how off the shelf homophobes eventually gravitate to such trends several years after they were first introduced.

The most recent example were those 3/4 pants. Originally, only "gays" were brave enough to wear what were ostensibly capri pants. Now every middle aged fat guy has them.

Anyway, maintaining a smoothly shaved region is not particularly good for most people's genitalia. The hair acts as a wick for perspiration and also acts to prevent chafing for those men that still wear underwear. However, this does not mean that one should not trim or groom appropriately.

No but you seem to have lost your feature blink.png Mercury in the skin whitener?

I believe male pattern boldness carries down the maternal line - so your mother's dad would be the one to look at.

My granddad on mum's side had a full set of hair when he died mid 80's - my dad on the other hand was practically bald by 20. I'm 43 and so far so good (wouldn't say I haven't lost any to thinning - but no holes!)

My mothers dad was bald, and I have all my hair.

As with all genetics there are up to 4 genes that could end up in you as an offspring per generation. It isn't actually genetic true that the gene comes from the mothers side, it comes from both, but as a recessive gene that generally only affects male offspring, if your mother's dad was bald with MPB and so was your father, there is at least a 50% chance you as a male offspring will have those MPB genes - so if mummy's dad was a coot, odds are greater you will be. Can be shown easily enough with a simple phenotype chart (genetic diagram). 95% of male baldness (non-self-inflicted) is caused by MPB (the rest by disease, stress or other genetic conditions).