THAI denies staff ignored passengers during landing incident

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cabin crew run away,,,the pilots wnat to do the same....head office sends a guy out with a step ladder and a bucket of black paint to paint out the logos. Bizzare.... but exactly as expected in Thailand.

Head office...."No, no. Not our plane. Look...no Thai logo".

I am sure they are looking for a suitable foreign scapegoat as we speak.

I'd just be thankful that I got out of the aircraft alive, growling about suitcases being delayed is infantile.

If you actually read what the passengers were actually complaining about, among their chief complaints included:

-- no airline crew at the bottom of the emergency exit slides to assist with the evacuation, which they say resulted in some of the injuries, and

--the passengers being "locked" in a bus or buses for 20 minutes sitting out on the runway without moving, even though some of those onboard were injured and needed hospitalization.

Dont get me wrong, i have no problem with the Chinese, but the ones i know complain about absolute everything ! Thats if the airline was full of chinese passengers, which it probobly was..

And if you have had the unfortunate experience of being on a flight with them - then I can just imagine them opening the overhead lockers as the plane was hurtling down the runway, cell phones on, ignoring the cabin crew,exercising in the aisles, feet on the toilet seats to take a dump! Believe me, if you ever have the misfortune to fly Thai to China or China to Thailand - pay the extra for business class! It is HELL!

Edited by Briandajew
  • Like 2

whatever good or bad there will always be stupid passengers complaining about everything .... I have to give right to Thai airways in this one .... But I disagree with the high standard ... for some years now ,services dropped a lot . Well they are in huge debts soi they have to cut cost like any other companies will do.

I'm rarely on a flight on TG that the departure time is on time.... sometimes it's very late. The TG apology for their inconvenience??? NONE!! EVER!!! Newspapers? Never enough. Choice of food? Sometimes runs out. No, no thank you, there are far too many better airlines than TG to choose from. Bags lost or damaged - RARELY an apology - just the usual hi-so nose-up-in-the-air attitude.

Has anybody in the media actually posed the question yet, "Why have you scrubbed out the logo?"

Can't wait to hear the answer to this....

I think you will wait a long time for the answer to this one! But it is pretty ridiculous when you think about it.

Actually, for those that can be bothered to read, it's been answered. But, it's more fun to bash Thailand as if they are the only one to do it.

• Like 1

i dont think it is just the chinese tourist who are making the complaints but also the locals. there is afew interviews in the news ealier from locals who are heavily criticizing the way how thai airway are handling this, apparently there are few local superstars on board the flight as well

Those of you who are saying the passengers should be thankful just for being alive are right, but that's where it ends. Now that they all survived, why is it unreasonable for them to want to put this traumatic ordeal behind them, get their stuff and leave, rather than wait around for silly red tape?

How is it acceptable that priority #1 is to paint over the logo and #2 priority is the passengers? (hint: it's not)

I'm glad they did something like paint over the logo so they can be mocked worldwide for a decision that ascends the heights of stupidity.

I am the complete opposite of glad that they did not take care of the passengers properly. They deserve all the derision they have coming to them. And it should be a lot. My sympathies are with those who experienced this ordeal, before the landing . . . and after.

• Like 2

Those of you who are saying the passengers should be thankful just for being alive are right, but that's where it ends. Now that they all survived, why is it unreasonable for them to want to put this traumatic ordeal behind them, get their stuff and leave, rather than wait around for silly red tape?

How is it acceptable that priority #1 is to paint over the logo and #2 priority is the passengers? (hint: it's not)

I'm glad they did something like paint over the logo so they can be mocked worldwide for a decision that ascends the heights of stupidity.

I am the complete opposite of glad that they did not take care of the passengers properly. They deserve all the derision they have coming to them. And it should be a lot. My sympathies are with those who experienced this ordeal, before the landing . . . and after.

Are you really that ignorant to think the guys painting the plane logo, detracted from the care of the passengers?

whatever good or bad there will always be stupid passengers complaining about everything .... I have to give right to Thai airways in this one .... But I disagree with the high standard ... for some years now ,services dropped a lot . Well they are in huge debts soi they have to cut cost like any other companies will do.

I am with you on giving credit to the staff 14 to serve over 200 bound to be problems and one iof the injured could have been the staff.

I don't understand this line

"Regular maintenance was conducted while the pilots have their best standard."

Makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

I am with you on giving credit to the staff 14 to serve over 200 bound to be problems and one iof the injured could have been the staff.

I don't understand this line

"Regular maintenance was conducted while the pilots have their best standard."

Makes no sense to me.

gobbledegook

And you think it wasn't an ordeal for the crew. Then they had to deal with over 200 people like it was no big deal.

Maybe you should check the brand of what ever it is you are ingesting priority number 1 is make sure the passengers are safe. That is exactly what they did.

Well, if you read today's BKK Post article quoting and recounting the complaints from some Thai passengers who were on the flight regarding the performance of the Thai Air staff, you might not be so quick or certain to draw that conclusion.

Well if you read the articles by the Nation on Thai Visa you will think they did a good job. the reality is that some people will bitch over any thing and some are so self centered that they think the whole 14 staff should have been helping them.

I back the staff.

Well, if you read today's BKK Post article quoting and recounting the complaints from some Thai passengers who were on the flight regarding the performance of the Thai Air staff, you might not be so quick or certain to draw that conclusion.

Well if you read the articles by the Nation on Thai Visa you will think they did a good job. the reality is that some people will bitch over any thing and some are so self centered that they think the whole 14 staff should have been helping them.

I back the staff.

If everyone got off the plane and only a few minor injuries, it's a good job. That said I am a little surprised that the plan is, "go home" we'll call you to pick up your luggage....

I back the staff.

Perhaps that's because The Nation AFAIK didn't publish any interviews with some Thai passengers on the jet, as the Post did, who complained about air crew staff not assisting with the slides evacuation and then the passengers, some injured, being kept in a bus or buses on the runway.

There was a bit more to the complaints they lodged with the airline than just delayed or missing luggage.

BTW, the passengers quoted in the Post article raising those issues had Thai-style names.... not Chinese names.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

I'd just be thankful that I got out of the aircraft alive, growling about suitcases being delayed is infantile.

I wasn't on the flight but from the reports and what little evidence has come out so far it would seem that the incident was entirely the fault of TG.

Either the pilots screwed up, or the maintenance was not up to the required standards. The weather didn't have a bearing on the event.

The runway didn't suddenly move sideways (least not that I am aware of)

Thai have experienced several events over the past few years (OK call them accidents if you will 'but in reality they do not fall into what could be described or categorized as an accident')

and have not published full, open, transparent & exhaustive investigation report of their findings.

Thai are a long, way from being one of the safest airlines to fly.

could also have been wind sheer .. couple that with a dodgy runway and...

Covering up the logo is beyond idiotic as a policy. In this day in age, cover-ups just draw more attention and negative press.

As for the tourists, if it were me, I wouldn't be bitching about my luggage, I'd be asking why the pilots blew the landing and almost killed me!!

• Like 1

Well, by experience, the crew of Thai Airways is probably one of the most disgracious I flew with. Arrogant, disagreeable, miser with drinks, and with a perpetual unhappy expression. I would not be surprised if they did indeed neglect the passengers during the evacuation or the aftermath of their botched landing.

• Like 1