Urgent: Seeking feedback on recent experiences going from BKK to DMK

kap

I have a flight tomorrow (9/11) out of DMK at 4:30pm. I live in Jomtien and plan on taking the (BKK) airport bus on Theppraya Road (off of Threpprassit). How long have the shuttle buses been taking to go from the new airport to the old airport and how often are they running. I'm looking for actual real life experiences/times as opposed to the theoretical ones. I'm trying to determine which airport bus I need to take (12:00pm?). Thanks in advance. Cheers.

I really don't know but since nobody else answered I'll offer a qualified guess. I think we used to calculate with 3.5 hours to Don Muang, so assuming it now takes 1.5 hour to Swampy, I'd reserve 2 hours for the Swampy-Don Muang leg. Then assuming there is a shuttle hourly (I have no idea, just guessing) would make it 4.5 hours - so yes leaving Jomtien at noon seems a decent guess, assuming 4.30pm is your check-in time. I'd probably leave an hour earlier than that just to be on the safe side.

I took the shuttle bus the opposite direction on July 30. From 9 AM to at least early evening, there is a bus every 30 minutes, on the hour and half hour. It took 45 minutes to get to BKK. (4 PM to 4:45 PM). One drawback is it is a city bus leased. It has no place to put luggage, except on your lap or in the aisle. My trip, it was full and inconvenient with a carry on and a full sized piece of luggage.

Not exactly the info you requested but if it helps last week in a car it took me exactly 1 hour and 5 mins to get from the outdoor car park in front of the main building at the new airport to pull up at arrivals at DMK. I left the new airport at 8.15am and hit all kinds of rush hour traffic, then missed the correct exit and had to go once round Victory Monument to get back on the expressway. Maybe you can use that as some kinda yardstick...

I've taken the shuttle in the opposite direction, I had read that I should allow 1 1/2 hours for the trip, and that seemed to be the correct advice (We actually did it in just over an hour, but there were minimal traffic holdups .... They do take the toll roads, so I don't think this would vary significantly.)

As another post stated they leave every 30 mins, so in reality you need to allow 2 hours. Yes, as it is a normal city bus there is no provision for luggage, that really was no problem. As for me, provided I have sufficient time I would not hesitate to take it in the future... and hey! It's free!.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replys. I ended taking the noon airport bus and then was able to easily catch the 2pm shuttle to DMK (the shuttle does run every half an hour as others stated). I think it took about 40 minutes, for the ride from BKK to DMK. All in all, quite easy.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1