2nd marriage extension

I have an online queue reservation for my 2nd yearly marriage extension on Dec 18th. My 90 day report will also come due around this time( Dec 21st). Do I still have to do the report or will everything be encompassed in my reapplication for stay based on marriage?

You will need to do a report. Only first extension counts as a report.

I think I can probably kill 2 birds with one stone then, ubonjoe . I know you can't say for sure but perhaps the officer in charge of my marriage extension will process the 90 day report as well, or is this too much to hope for?laugh.png Thanks anyway for the info joe.

When you go to your local immigration office take with you the paper work for both your marriage and 90 days. I would process your marriage application first and then go over to the 90 days desk. Or vise-versa depending which one seems to the most busiest. You have a grace period on your 90 days of 7 days from the stamp on your last receipt - so you will be within this time frame. Good luck and I hope it all goes well.

• Like 1

When you go to your local immigration office take with you the paper work for both your marriage and 90 days. I would process your marriage application first and then go over to the 90 days desk. Or vise-versa depending which one seems to the most busiest. You have a grace period on your 90 days of 7 days from the stamp on your last receipt - so you will be within this time frame. Good luck and I hope it all goes well.

My plan to a tee, Eddy B. If all goes well with the officer processing my marriage extension, perhaps they'll offer to take care of the 90 day report at the same time.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif Thanks for the well wishes.

In Nakhon Si Thammarat, doing your extenstion is your 90 report, they adjust the next, very easy. I told the officers in NST thank you for doing this and they asked why, I said I did extentions in Phuket for a few years and they insisteded I come in and do these per the stamp on the receipt, the NST office eruppted in laugher and said yes, that sounds like Phuket. They do it right here.

• Like 1

Surely the 90 day report is only if you have additional time left on your visa or extension thereof?

By having to apply for an extension of your visa, you are in effect re-reporting your place of abode also, so no 90 day report is necessary. I've never done a 90 day report when I had to extend my visa. I am sure that if you tried to do a 90-day report they would tell you to go and extend your right to stay in the kingdom.

It being your 2nd marriage extension you will not have to go through the process of getting a 30 day extension whilst they call into your home to check that you are fair dinkum!

Edited by BuriramRes

Surely the 90 day report is only if you have additional time left on your visa or extension thereof?

By having to apply for an extension of your visa, you are in effect re-reporting your place of abode also, so no 90 day report is necessary. I've never done a 90 day report when I had to extend my visa. I am sure that if you tried to do a 90-day report they would tell you to go and extend your right to stay in the kingdom.

An extension does not count as a 90 day report unless it is the first extension.

You can make a 90 day report at the same time you do your extension as long as you are within the reporting window (-15 days or +7).

In fact I have done it that way for the past 5 extensions.

• Like 1

It being your 2nd marriage extension you will not have to go through the process of getting a 30 day extension whilst they call into your home to check that you are fair dinkum!
You have a 30 day under review period every year for Thai wife extensions of stay (they may not visit but they do review).

You don't mention the immigration office location.

But I picked up my 3rd 1 year marriage extension yesterday at Nakhorn Rachasima Immigration, and they done the 90 day report at the same time (even though it was not due for about 6 weeks) without me even asking or completing any paperwork.

Edited by Satcommlee
  • Like 1

You will need to do a report. Only first extension counts as a report.

Doesn't. Only the TM.6 when you entered the country counts. But everybody makes the same mistake to believe that :)

Trying to understand what you are trying to say.

You are wrong.

The first extension is considered to be your first report and the 2nd would be 90 days from your permit to stay date you have when you make the extension.

Wrong mate, I just had to pay 2000B because I also tried to follow that logic, which would make sense for us, not for Khon Thai. The date that counts is the stamp on the TM.6, not the date you got the first extension. That was for 5 days late. So, I can only suggest to everybody to look at the TM.6 in your passport. I drink Tiger, if you like to donate smile.png

Edited by MadMac

"I've never done a 90 day report when I had to extend my visa."

You've never extended your visa either. It's an extension of stay and not an extension of visa.

The dates for the annual extension of stay remain the same year after year unless something breaks the chain of annual renewals. The dates for 90 day reports, plus or minus the reporting allowance, depend on when you've been in the country for 90 consecutive days since your last report or last entry. The two events might happen around the same time some years, but they are two different things.

You are wrong.

The first extension is considered to be your first report and the 2nd would be 90 days from your permit to stay date you have when you make the extension.

Wrong mate, I just had to pay 2000B because I also tried to follow that logic, which would make sense for us, not for Khon Thai. The date that counts is the stamp on the TM.6, not the date you got the first extension. That was for 5 days late. So, I can only suggest to everybody to look at the TM.6 in your passport. I drink Tiger, if you like to donate smile.png

" I drink Tiger" "...which would make sense for us, not for Khon Thai"

I don't think you tried to follow the logic very well or maybe it's the Tiger.

If you've been staying in the country for extended periods, the date on the TM.6 doesn't matter much. You report 90 days after your last report and if your last report took place when you got your first extension, it would be 90 days after that. It's 90 consecutive days in-country since the last time you entered or reported.

If you have been going in and out of the country, it's 90 days from your last entry shown on the TM.6. or last report, which ever comes first.

It's actually quite easy to understand although if you paid a fine, it must have flown over your head.

Edited by Suradit69

It's usually helpful if you follow the thread of thoughts.

Here we were talking about the first extension of stay. That is what you apply for, when your visa is close to expire.

So what I said was, the last entry stamp counts for any following 90 days report, should you get an extension. Not the issuing date of that. Clear?

But as you are a supermember you can obviously behave like a forum troll....ehhh...god biggrin.png

Edited by MadMac

You are wrong.

You are wrong madmac.

From immigration website:

• The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Also:

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
    • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
    • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Well, I could show you the receipts and stamps. Obviously it is not like you said or just so on paper. Different to what the local immigration has the freedom to do. It happened to me about 3 weeks ago in Chaeng Wattana, called some supervisor, they just wanted to see the 2000B.

Could you please provide the link from the immigration website you mentioned? Preferable in Thai? Thanks!

Edited by MadMac

The rule is first extension of stay is considered a 90 day address report so first use of TM47 for reporting is 90 days from that application date or from next TM.6 entry.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Thanks, I see. Unfortunately it is not followed by the immigration in Chaeng Wattana. Wished I knew this before, would have saved the 2000B, or not. But at least someone can be warned before paying without knowing now.

I assume it doesn't make sense to sue them biggrin.png

Edited by MadMac

Can you please advise the dates involved and type of extension? Your mention of 5 days does not make much sense as you normally extend during the last 30 days of a 90 day stay so if you were using the normal procedure you would not be making report until after being in Thailand for 3 months longer (way beyond TM6 entry for the 90 day visa stay).

I arrived at 19 May according to the TM.6. I got my extension of stay on 31 May. Reporting done on 28 August, there is a 7 days buffer to do reporting late, means 26 May + 90 days, so the difference was 5 days I had to pay 2000B for. Rip off I say.

Edited by MadMac

I arrived at 19 May according to the TM.6. I got my extension of stay on 31 May. Reporting done on 28 August, there is a 7 days buffer to do reporting late, means 26 May + 90 days, so the difference was 5 days I had to pay 2000B for. Rip off I say.

What was the permit to stay date you got on arrival.

How did you get an extension 12 days after arriving? I suspect it was not first extension but a renewal of extension.

Anyway that was 1st report after extension. Report would of been due 90 days after arrival or permit to stay date that you extended if first extension.

In this case your report would of been due the 17th of Aug.

Edited by ubonjoe

Ok, let me try to clear this up :).

I arrived on 19 May on the "O" visa that was about to expire, thus got this date stamped on the TM.6. The first extension of stay I got on 31 May.

I did the 90 days reporting on 28 August (which would have been the correct date if following the "extension theory") and was told that it's been more than 90 days as they did not look at the extension stamp but on the TM.6 only. As you wrote, 17 August + 7 days (the allowed range is -15 ... +7 days) = 24 August. So I was actually 4 days late, not 5.

Unless you had a re-entry permit for a previous 0 visa 90 day entry you would of gotten a 90 day entry from your expiring visa and would not of been able to do extension until 60 days after entry.

The first extension is only the 1st extension of a visa entry. It is not the first extension after leaving and re-entering using a re-entry permit for an existing extension of stay.