1 year extension pick up

Hi,

I went to Chaeng Wattana 1 month ago to apply for my yearly work based non-B extension, and tomorrow is the day I must go there to get the extension stamp. I don't remember how it was last year, I guess I showed the receipt to get a queue number for collecting the stamp. However, this year I don't have the receipt as the company kept it for accounting purposes, and they will also send a messenger to collect the stamp for me. So my question is how the messenger should explain to the women handling the numbers when he doesn't have the receipt? Also, just to confirm it, this can be done by someone not being the passport holder, right?

Thanks in advance

just hand in the passport when they call the queue number and they will return it when the approved stamp is entered and signed. As to using your messenger, I'm pretty sure they would accept a short request letter from you stating his name and ID number. Best to phone first I think.

Well, everything was just fine. One of the girls working in the office went to immigration with my passport and got stamped without problems. So yes, looks like a messenger without receipt or letter from the passport holder can go and collect the stamp without hassle :-)

You were the person getting the passport and should look like you - we are talking about a Thai just asking for a foreigners passport with no documentation as far as I can see - would hope they would not provide.

On Samui, they just dump all processed passports in a box.

Up to you to find yours, they don't care. :(

Well, everything was just fine. One of the girls working in the office went to immigration with my passport and got stamped without problems. So yes, looks like a messenger without receipt or letter from the passport holder can go and collect the stamp without hassle :-)

Sending someone to drop off and pick up your pp is pretty standard with companies, I haven't had to go to immigration at all in the last few years, just hand the pp over the the appropriate person in our office, come back a few days later all chopped, prior to that had to go to immigration two years on the run, apparently " new rule" want to see that the face on the pp, WP and in real life all match, but haven't had to do this since

I've got to pick mine up next Friday ,i told the lady i might be in hospital and showed her the paper work for my op i asked is it okay my misses picks it up she said yes but she would need to show a letter from the Dr also pictures of me in the hospital bed .i'm out now so i can go .So you do need to go in person i suppose working for a company is different but when i worked here for 9 years i remember i always had to show up sent my staff one year and she called me to say i had to come down there . i suppose every office has their own rules !!!!

@Soutpeel, when I applied for the extension the officer told I must go personally as they take a photo.

@Micky that just sucks, mate. That wasn't in Bangkok, right? Good luck with the hospital thing BTW.

Certainly in 12 years of getting extensions and WP renewals they have never taken a photo of me, mentioned they went through a phase about 3 years ago of wanting me to turn up to check the faces on the PP, WP and myself matched up but no photo taken, but certainly the last few extensions haven't even been asked to do this, my passport & WP have been going on solo trip via my office and coming back a couple of days later chopped for another year

So who knows, I will find out next year LOL