Opposition slams Thai govt for waiving diplomatic, official visas with Montenegro

webfact

Opposition slams govt for waiving diplomatic, official visas with Montenegro
By English News

13789512914483.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 12 – The Cabinet’s decision on visa exemption for diplomats and government officials of Thailand and Montenegro was politically motivated, the spokesman of the opposition Democrat Party said yesterday.

Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said it was the Thai Foreign Ministry which proposed the visa privilege and labelled it as an “urgent issue.”

After checking Thailand’s relationship on business and tourism with Montenegro, it was found that only 211 Montenegrin citizens visited Thailand in 2011 and Thai imports from the Balkan country were only Bt9 million.

“What is the necessity for such visa exemption?” he asked.

Mr Chananond said he wondered how the government would react if former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra entered Thailand with a Montenegrin diplomatic passport. Mr Thaksin is currently holding Montenegrin citizenship and a passport from the country.

He said the new diplomatic rule would also allow Thai government officials and politicians to conveniently travel to meet Thailand's ousted prime minister in Montenegro without records of their departures and re-entries.

Meanwhile, Suranand Vejjajiva, secretary general to the prime minister, rejected a report that the media would be barred from accompanying Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to Montenegro on the final leg of her one-week European tour on Sunday.

“Though the aircraft for the Thai delegation to Montenegro is rather small, media people will go with the premier. Seats for them were reserved. The government has nothing to hide from the media,” he said.

He said the planned agreement on visa exemption between Thailand and Montenegro, to be signed during Ms Yingluck’s visit, would be exclusively for government officials, and not citizens of the two countries.

The purpose is to facilitate communication and administrative relations of the two countries, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-09-12

He said the new diplomatic rule would also allow Thai government officials and politicians to conveniently travel to meet Thailand's ousted prime minister in Montenegro without records of their departures and re-entries.

What a surprise they are only just realizing this, it's all part of the master plan. Can these people not see past the ends of their own noses????

Bet you none in the building could point to Montenegro on a map. Not one of them.

In all honesty neither could I now without Google Maps. In my defense, Geography wasn't one of my strong points at school lol.

Because of the name most would think of Africa.

Bet you none in the building could point to Montenegro on a map. Not one of them.

In all honesty neither could I now without Google Maps. In my defense, Geography wasn't one of my strong points at school lol.

Indeed. To enlighten those (including myself) who are not 100% sure where it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegro

Montenegro has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the south-west and is bordered by Croatia to the west, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the northwest, Serbia to the northeast, Kosovo[a] to the east and Albania to the south-east.

Not in Africa after all lol

Indeed. To enlighten those (including myself) who are not 100% sure where it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegro

Montenegro has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the south-west and is bordered by Croatia to the west, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the northwest, Serbia to the northeast, Kosovo[a] to the east and Albania to the south-east.

Not in Africa after all lol

I never put a smiley on at the end of my post. MonteNEGRO

Governments are there to work for their society, their citizens, nothing more.

"He said the planned agreement on visa exemption between Thailand and Montenegro, to be signed during Ms Yingluck’s visit, would be exclusively for government officials, and not citizens of the two countries."

Sounds more and more like a dictatorship.

• Like 1

A Thai boy the other day tried to convince me that Manchester City FC was in Montenegro!!!!

When Thaksin took over Man city, the main road crowd used to chant SINATRA-SINATRA, they couldn't pronounce his full name so that became his nick name.

A Thai boy the other day tried to convince me that Manchester City FC was in Montenegro!!!!

When Thaksin took over Man city, the main road crowd used to chant SINATRA-SINATRA, they couldn't pronounce his full name so that became his nick name.

Says a lot for the intelligence of the Main Road crowd!

I see he made himself a life president of MCFC before selling it. That was one of the first things the Emirati sheikh who bought it changed.

Says a lot for the intelligence of the Main Road crowd!

I see he made himself a life president of MCFC before selling it. That was one of the first things the Emirati sheikh who bought it changed.

I think he first dug up the strategically placed feng shui crystals that Thaksin had buried under the turf, and also stopped the players having to wai everytime the owner entered the stadium. Those were the good old days, so much to laugh about with his ridiculous exploits while drunk on power.

So could Thaksin gain entry to Thailand and avoid arrest under diplomatic immunity as a Montenegrin citizen?

How could he claim diplomatic immunity as a Montenegrin citizen if he is not a Montenegrin diplomat ?

Further dual nationality in this would not prevent him from being arrested, dual nationality des not protect the person from the laws of a specific country, also the crime was committed/tried and sentenced while the gentleman in question was a Thai citizen

Therefore if said gentleman tried to come back on another PP he would be arrested irrespective

One story is that Thaksin was asked to leave Dubai after the Al Qaeda video was aired as the authorities felt he wouldn't be safe there- just too many people who look like Arabs.

So he may have returned to his old base in Montenegro, and of course he would want to facilitate the arrivals and departures of his minions to take and follow orders.