UEFA Youth League 2013/14

MrRed

This is basically a mirror competition of Champions League but at youth level under 19.I think it will be great experience for the apprentices to play around Europe and will be extremely interesting to actually see the best youngsters at the qualifying clubs at the moment,i am not sure if there will be coverage in Thailand but Eurosport have just been awarded rights to show the live games.

More here......

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/news/newsid=1987252.html

Manchester Uniteds squad is.... 1. Pierluigi Gollini (GK), 2. James Weir, 3. Louis Rowley, 4. Paddy McNair, 5. Liam Grimshaw, 6. Ben Pearson, 7. Sam Byrne, 8. Joe Rothwell, 9. James Wilson, 10.Adnan Januzaj, 11.Andreas Pereira, 12.Sean Goss, 13.Joel Castro Pereira (GK), 14.Ashley Fletcher, 15.Josh Harrop, 16.Callum Evans, 17.Matthew Willock, 18.Nicholas Ioannou, 19.Ben Barber, 20.Kieran O'Hara.

Players to look out for are obviously Adnan Januzaj who went on the far east tour with the first team squad but also James Wilson,Ben Pearson and Andreas Pereira.

Any of the City Chelsea or Arsenal lads know anything about players to watch and lookout for in the coming weeks? Should be good to see the Spanish and German youngsters also.

I imagine the young German Arsenal center midfielder will be one to watch. Can't remember his name of the top of my head but he is just 16 years old and went of the pre-season tour with them.

You might mean Gideon Zelalem, but he's actually in the first team squad. You will probably see him in the Rumbelows Littlewoods Carling Milk Capital One Somchais Somtam Cup soon.

He is a better passer than Wilshere from what I've seen, tremendous control of the football for a kid his age.

And he's going to be learning from Özil and Cazorla..... nice.

I imagine the young German Arsenal center midfielder will be one to watch. Can't remember his name of the top of my head but he is just 16 years old and went of the pre-season tour with them.

You might mean Gideon Zelalem, but he's actually in the first team squad. You will probably see him in the Rumbelows Littlewoods Carling Milk Capital One Somchais Somtam Cup soon.

He is a better passer than Wilshere from what I've seen, tremendous control of the football for a kid his age.

They can be in the first team squad also just like Januzaj at United,i don't know if they can play in both UEFA competitions though meaning the Youth league and the Champions League proper,cannot see why not.

Only a response from a couple of Arsenal lads and that is very limited!

I suppose it sums up the knowledge most have on here about there youth players and set up which as we all know is an integral part of the football clubs future.

Shame on Manchester City and Chelsea supporters as this tournament i feel is a step in the right direction for the best youth around.

Shame the Liverpool boys are not in this as they are at least very knowledgeable about there youngsters on here.

I suppose that is why United and Liverpool have been the dominant force in the English football league for the last 50 years.

Yes, he's the one I meant. Totally agree, superb young player!

Just had a look at our squad and of the players, Feruz, Loftus-Cheek, Ake and Kiwomya are the 'stars' of the future. Both Ake and LC played against City in the post season friendly I think and Ake had a couple of other appearances under Rafa.

• 2 weeks later...

Only a response from a couple of Arsenal lads and that is very limited!

I suppose it sums up the knowledge most have on here about there youth players and set up which as we all know is an integral part of the football clubs future.

Shame on Manchester City and Chelsea supporters as this tournament i feel is a step in the right direction for the best youth around.

Shame the Liverpool boys are not in this as they are at least very knowledgeable about there youngsters on here.

I suppose that is why United and Liverpool have been the dominant force in the English football league for the last 50 years.

<deleted>, Liverpool haven't been a dominant force since the back pass was outlawed. And they didn't bring youth through by the way. They would buy good young players and them stick them in the reserves for a couple of years to learn how to pass back to the keeper.

United have been a dominant force for one reason, and he's gone.

I can tell you our current eligible squad, but it doesn't mean they will be playing in this tournament.

One of them is a young chap called Serge Gnabry, for example.

Edited by Chicog

I suggest your talking <deleted>.

Liverpool and United have been the most successful teams in English football history whatever way you want to wrap it up.

Link to last nights results...

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000501/index.html

Edited by MrRed

Liverpool and United have been the most successful teams in English football history whatever way you want to wrap it up.

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000501/index.html

Another 4-0 for the Chelsea boys. Sounds good, but I have no idea if Basle or Steaua youth are up to much.

Well let's see - Liverpool haven't won the league since the back pass was outlawed - check

United had won only 7 league titles before Ferguson won his first - and they haven't won one since - check

biggrin.png

(Oh, and I see Merchandise United are the only English team who've lost a game in this Euroyoof thingamabob).

Well let's see - Liverpool haven't won the league since the back pass was outlawed - check

United had won only 7 league titles before Ferguson won his first - and they haven't won one since - check

biggrin.png

(Oh, and I see Merchandise United are the only English team who've lost a game in this Euroyoof thingamabob).

Do you need another shovel? embarrassing yourself laddy.

Not really. Your "statistic" is about as irrelevant as the fact that Arsenal dominate in the 30's.

There are reasons for it, but it matters not a jot to this season.

The Scousers won't win it, neither will the Moaners.