The Red Bull heir and inequality in Thailand

webfact

How many cases do you want Prayuth to reopen?

Elite's getting away this kind of thing is an issue close to a lot of Thai people's hearts. It would be a hell of a statement if he went after this murdering brat. Or we could you know just carry on with the status quo and forget the whole thing ever happened whistling.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Prayuth seems to be ignoring some of the glaring inconsistencies in the application of justice in Thailand. Seems that this guy, like some many before him, is just going to walk free. $97,000 to be allowed to escape justice while the elderly couple found picking mushrooms in a national park got 10 years. Justice Thai style.

Amazing. This incident happened in September 2012 when the country was under the reign of the PTP. I imagine you voiced your opinion at the time - but did you single out Yingluck specifically? If not, why not?

People are agitating for the present government to step down as soon as possible, yet it is also expected that the present government has to take responsibility, and remedial action for all past wrongs and injustices of the previous governments. Get real.

Amazing. Blunder in but don't bother reading any of the thread. The whole point is that the current govt IS taking action over events in the past. This case presents an opportunity for them to show that they are even-handed. However I suspect the concept of balance is alien to you.

Please don't make incorrect assumptions. I did read the thread.

Again I ask, at the time (September 2012) if you voiced an opinion, did you single out Yingluck specifically, as you have General Prayuth ?

The concept of balance is very much in my mind, hence my question.

General Prayuth seems to be ignoring some of the glaring inconsistencies in the application of justice in Thailand. Seems that this guy, like some many before him, is just going to walk free. $97,000 to be allowed to escape justice while the elderly couple found picking mushrooms in a national park got 10 years. Justice Thai style.

Amazing. This incident happened in September 2012 when the country was under the reign of the PTP. I imagine you voiced your opinion at the time - but did you single out Yingluck specifically? If not, why not?

People are agitating for the present government to step down as soon as possible, yet it is also expected that the present government has to take responsibility, and remedial action for all past wrongs and injustices of the previous governments. Get real.

Amazing. Blunder in but don't bother reading any of the thread. The whole point is that the current govt IS taking action over events in the past. This case presents an opportunity for them to show that they are even-handed. However I suspect the concept of balance is alien to you.

There is a massive game of 'catch up' required.

The sh!te trail goes back a long way.

Which case from the past have They reopened?

• Like 1

How come the cocaine charges were swept away? Or I mean what was the explanation? I remember even mainstream media like "BANGKOK POST" was mentioning it in their (ridiculous) articles, yet later on it was buried..

As much as this case bothers me, I am gravely upset about the "BILLY" case :(

Which case from the past have They reopened?

Yes, PRBKK - which case from the past have they re-opened?

It's not a case of re-opening any case as they should never have been closed in the first place (if they had been).

Which cases to look into first is a better question to pose, and the red bull heir case fits the bill as it sends a clear message to the population that your social status will not keep you from the law and prison!!

• Like 1

What does this case have to do with Prayuth?

The only connection is symbolic. If Prayuth is serious about dealing with inequality...and he says he is...he would instruct his underlings to deal with this case. As you know, it has caused much angst among Thais , with many feeling that the rich and well connected can get away with anything. Is Prayuth part of the solution to that issue or just another problem? He will never have credibility unless he starts to act without fear or favour.

Do you want Prayuth to re-open ALL cases where there has been some injustice? How far do you want him to go back?

The only connection is people trying to link Prayuth to everything that is bad in Thailand.

Well someone has to take over the "everything bad in Thailand happens because of Thaksin" role..........................................coffee1.gif

It's not a case of re-opening any case as they should never have been closed in the first place (if they had been).

Yes, yes it is.

Since Prayuth didn't close the case originally, and the case *WAS* closed, your objection or statement are invalid.

As the fact remains that the cases *WERE* closed, by whomever, the question remains as to "what from the past have been reopened", which is what prbkk claims, and which deserves an answer -- though I have a feeling that none will be forthcoming.

• Like 1

It's mind-boggling that they didn't confiscate his passport. Business meeting in Singapore? That's why we have teleconferencing.

If they were serious about wanting him to return they could simply cancel his passport and notify the Singapore government.

The guy faces the risk of 10 years in prison - or he can stay 15 years out of Thailand and return as a free man. I doubt we will see him back here in the next 15 years.

That's my plan. Hope it works. ;)