Beer prices

jackjones

Beervana had a promotion going for buy 3 and get 1 free. We bought a bunch of beer for the 4th at the promotion pricing and sold beers for 100 Baht at the 4th party after you got 2 included in the price of the ticket. Since very few are going to buy 3 beers at The Duke's we just put the price down to 150 Baht to blow out the left over beer. The promotion ended at the end of August but we are still honoring the price. Thanks to Beervana for the great beers.

Beervana had a promotion going for buy 3 and get 1 free. We bought a bunch of beer for the 4th at the promotion pricing and sold beers for 100 Baht at the 4th party after you got 2 included in the price of the ticket. Since very few are going to buy 3 beers at The Duke's we just put the price down to 150 Baht to blow out the left over beer. The promotion ended at the end of August but we are still honoring the price. Thanks to Beervana for the great beers.

Good man!

All you (price) complainers are the lucky ones.... Since the tax changes, there is NO beer for sale here at all! Apparently, until next Tuesday (when the new supplies arrive),

No problem, went to MAKRO the day after the tax rise was announced thumbsup.gif

All you (price) complainers are the lucky ones....  Since the tax changes, there is NO beer for sale here at all!   Apparently, until next Tuesday (when the new supplies arrive),

Kinell, where do you live mate?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I remember when one of the ministers in the UK was asked how much a pint of milk was and he was way out. It makes them look bad as they don't have any understanding of prices and how normal people struggle with food bills, etc.

Back in 2000, when McCain was trying to get the nomination, he stated that we needed the illegal workers because Americans wouldn't pick lettuce for 50 USD per hour. His office was absolutely flooded with faxes of resumes from Americans stating they would do it in a heartbeat.

I remember when one of the ministers in the UK was asked how much a pint of milk was and he was way out. It makes them look bad as they don't have any understanding of prices and how normal people struggle with food bills, etc.

Back in 2000, when McCain was trying to get the nomination, he stated that we needed the illegal workers because Americans wouldn't pick lettuce for 50 USD per hour. His office was absolutely flooded with faxes of resumes from Americans stating they would do it in a heartbeat.

Case of de ja vu for me here

South-west of Mae Suay

The ONLY beer here atm is Chang Classic plus whatever Tesco Lotus Minmarts happen to stock.

All you (price) complainers are the lucky ones.... Since the tax changes, there is NO beer for sale here at all! Apparently, until next Tuesday (when the new supplies arrive),

Maybe John's place can finally quit selling beers from 2012, as well as quite a few other establishments, both Thai and Farang. Had a pharmacists try to sell me some Tramadol that was four years old the other day on Moon Mueang. They must have met a lot of stupid backpacker over the years, because they sure must think we are dumb. Oh, and good beer will keep for a while if it is kept in a cool and dark place, which there just aren't many of here. So if you have old beer, save it for salad dressing, because I sure as hell ain't going to buy it.

Edited by Thighlander

Take all your empties up to Doi Lan and have them filled with Lisu 'special', you'll forget all about your beer. biggrin.png

South-west of Mae Suay

The ONLY beer here atm is Chang Classic plus whatever Tesco Lotus Minmarts happen to stock.

Have the Leo and Chang breweries shut down? It is getting difficult to get a large bottle of either. When the boxes do reappear on the shelves, I will probably be so grateful and thirsty that I will be happy to pay any increase no matter how high. Hope that's not the plan.

For me the problem is not with price of Leo etc, what about the imported beers !!, a pint of Speckled Hen is 220 baht they are going to put another 30-50baht on top of that !, and even worse than that a bottle of real Malt whisky is going to increase somewhere around 400baht.

Are the Thai Government trying to kill the middle class tourist trade, or does Chang & Singha just have to much control as they were the only people that new about the price increases 3 months ago ?.

Yep..... the Philippines got hit with a tax hike to alcohol a few months ago too. Mind you their booze was ridiculously cheap. Still the locals were very upset by the price hikes.

We will never know if there is a conspiracy going on within the government....as if it anything new!

The lady in our village charged me 120 baht for 2 bottles of Leo with some ice.....<deleted>.

Round the corner , 100 baht.

If she didn't have a gun in her hand you could have just walked away.

The lady in our village charged me 120 baht for 2 bottles of Leo with some ice.....<deleted>.

Round the corner , 100 baht.

If she didn't have a gun in her hand   you could have just walked away.

Funny you mention that.............