Watching your digital photos on your TV set

Naroge

When showing my digital photos for many people I would like to do it on TV instead of the PC to benefit from the larger screen (and the convenience for the viewers). To do this I put my photos on a USB stick and run them from my DVD/Blue-Ray player (There is no USB connection on the TV).

I do however have serious problems with the quality of the displayed photos. The photos give the impression of being low resolution and very high contrast so e.g. a face of a middle age person looks to be 80 years old as wrinkles are exaggerated.

I have tried photos with different sizes (pixel count), but they all come out equally bad. Different dpi doesn't have any positive effect either.

Only JPG are accepted by the DVD.

I've had the same problem on previous DVD/TV sets I have owned in the past.

It should be mentioned that watching DVD movies is no problem and quality is superb.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

(It's not possible to post photos to compare as the problem only shows on the TV)

My experience with using a TV for viewing images or even anything off the computer never gives good results...

I have an HDMI set up to the TV, but quality of image is always lacking... compared to a Mac Thunderbolt screen or other high end computer monitor.

Yes, agree (unfortunately). My set up is also HDMI, and for me ANY PC monitor beats the TV (except for the 16-color system used 20 years ago)