Why did you people come here originally?, i came for the women

jimbobs1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I applaud you for your honesty, can,t see this thread lasting very long

But to answer your question, came here originally to work and guess the lady aspect was an added bonus, would I have come to Thailand just on the basis of the ladies, if the money wasn't right on the job, ie accepted less money just because it was Thailand ? Not on your life

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

I have been here for over 6 years and maybe it is my ignorance i never thought it was possible to get a job here that actually paid aswell as the Western world, so i applaud your ingenuity.

I for one need to travel to get money to live decent

Please tell , whats a frangipani?

• Like 1

I came for heat, sun, sand, palm-trees, and thai-girls. Still highly appreciate the heat, the rest fell out of fashion.

It does after a while ime afraid, until you stuck on a mine/construction site looking at heary arsed fellas for 8 weeks, and fat cleaners. it all becomes clear why you want to go home ha ha

I have been here for over 6 years and maybe it is my ignorance i never thought it was possible to get a job here that actually paid aswell as the Western world, so i applaud your ingenuity.

If one has the skills, knowledge experience etc they are looking for there are jobs in Thailand for farangs that pay more that western world, and these jobs are not restricted to senior management type jobs either, I came here originally on a short term basis to look after one specific job, they must have like what they seen, got asked if I wanted to stay, and almost 13 years on still here, the job will end in the foreseeable future due to nationalization , I would say next 3 to 5 years, but can't complain, been longer than I ever expected, so must be doing something right

I have a degree in civil engineering over 20 years experience in construction/ mining /civils , i am 43 years old and not passed it. I have had one interview in Loas on a mine, never seen a job in Thailand for a westerner, i have worked in a few places around the globe , my last job was in Mexico on rotation , what a flight that was.

I would love a job here

When in junior high, my Social Studies teacher (female) took a trip to Thailand and used her vacation pics as a teaching opportunity. Years later in a Guatemalan jungle an older gentleman mentioned that Thailand was a good place to hang out, which brought to mind the pictures taken by my teacher that I had enjoyed years before. After enduring a couple of mid-western winters I decided to skip one and spend the season wandering around Thailand. I have been hiding from the winter every year since.

Sorry I don't fit your mold. My mid-western upbringing instilled in me the idea that prostitutes are generally dirty pathetic junkies. The idea of sleeping with one was disgusting, flying half way around the world to see them never entered my thought process. Thailand has greatly changed my views about prostitutes but that certainly doesn't effect my mindset at the time or my reasons for coming originally. I still don't understand flying to the other side of the world to chase prostitutes but my opinion of them has moderated considerably.

• Like 2

If one has the skills, knowledge experience etc they are looking for there are jobs in Thailand for farangs that pay more that western world, and these jobs are not restricted to senior management type jobs either, I came here originally on a short term basis to look after one specific job, they must have like what they seen, got asked if I wanted to stay, and almost 13 years on still here, the job will end in the foreseeable future due to nationalization , I would say next 3 to 5 years, but can't complain, been longer than I ever expected, so must be doing something right

I have a degree in civil engineering over 20 years experience in construction/ mining /civils , i am 43 years old and not passed it. I have had one interview in Loas on a mine, never seen a job in Thailand for a westerner, i have worked in a few places around the globe , my last job was in Mexico on rotation , what a flight that was.

I would love a job here

I think you will find most of the jobs, certainly in the business I am in are not even advertised, it's typically word of mouth some knowing someone, of course you have to have the required credentials they are looking for, that's originally how I ended up here, they were looking for some who knew a specific part of the job, some already working here, knew someone who knew me, I was working in the US at the time, they give a call and asked if interested, and seeing as Thailand hadn't been a place I had ever worked before, thought why not ? Give it shot and see how it pans out, even at worst something else to put on the CV

I had worked in Asia for many years, was vacationing in Thailand, and on a Thai domestic flight started a conversation with a Thai person who, as it turned out, was the founder of a large NGO in Thailand under Royal Patronage of HM The King and, before we hit the arrival gate, I was working for him. I made four extended trips to Thailand for the NGO before deciding to move here full time almost 10 years ago.

Although I applaud you for your honesty, can,t see this thread lasting very long

But to answer your question, came here originally to work and guess the lady aspect was an added bonus, would I have come to Thailand just on the basis of the ladies, if the money wasn't right on the job, ie accepted less money just because it was Thailand ? Not on your life

I believe that there's plenty of chaps who do, though.

• Like 1

i met my wife on a cruise ship...where both of us was working in the same department, 12 hours a day, everyday.

never before been to Thailand.

when she became pregnant and stop, thought why not initially give a try to stay here.

stayed some time here, stayed some time in my country, and decided that Thailand it is.

the OP is utter twaddle, when will people learn that as much as they would like it to be, their experience is not universal.

Its a valid question, i did say not every one has my experience of Thailand, did i not?#

And please dont call me twaddle i find that very inoffensive,,lighten up eh its a valid question

Boy howdy Jim Bob - did you mean "offensive" when someone said "twaddle".

I have done some research, and based on context, I suspect you meant "offensive". I didn't find it offensive on your behalf however.

So it's all OK.

I lived in LOS for 11 years and met my life partner, of 13 years in LOS. Not in a bar it has to be said.

I came here 23 years ago ,didnt have a clue what happened in Pattaya ,it was just a brochur that i read and it only showed beaches ect ,mind you i was pleasantly surprised, years later went into buisness in Bangkok and met my now wife,the rest is history