Oman tourist stabbed on Pattaya Walking Street by bar worker

webfact

Cue the ladyboy bashing posts.

Where did it mention "ladyboys" in the article?

The thing that surprised me was not that he returned with a knife, it was the fact that he returned alone to confront the victim.

Probably couldn't find any lady-boy's to help him!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me again why a muslim would be talking to a prostitute in a street filled entirely with bars selling alcohol.

Once again - he's like all the other good Muslims that come to LOS to do the things they are not allowed at home...

I didn´t know LOS was only for christians.

Who mentioned Christians? What about the Jew's, Buddhists, agnostic's etc who enjoy the place!

For some strange reason it seems to me that you have never set foot in KL. There are many bars with prostitutes, one the famous being Beach Club and Thai Club. Plus a whole area called Changkat Bukit Bintang, and that is just in the city. Many many other places to find girls in KL and yes, some are muslim.

because you can't do it in Dubai, or KL, or Tehran or Herat or . . .

Being a muslim does not mean you cannot drink or have sex. Being a strong faithed practicing muslim means you can't do those things.

Using your way of thinking you may as well ask what a catholic is doing in places like that, you know, no sex before marriage and all that.

So stop with your stereotyping. You really have swallowed the anti muslim propaganda hook line and sinker.

you may as well ask what you like, but I am not asking about Caholics or anybody. I was wrong about KL, perhaps it should have been Islamabad or Lahore. I admit I have only been in KL airport

The point, which you have obviously sacrificed in your mind for the narrative, is that because these sort of people cannot do what they do in thailand back home, is why they do it here. . . No?

As for swallowing anti muslim propaganda hook line and sinker, that is an overly reactionary comment with no basis in the narrative at all. I am not stereotyping people who live in countries that have national bans on alcohol. eSpeaking as a person who has married and lived with a muslim woman and three muslim children and a half dozen, delightfully friendly relations and friends for the last twenty years, I gained useful insights into Islam way beyond your average yogi bear my friend. I slept with it and made love with it and ate with and read it and still pray with its language. My family have given it up. Too hard. I was welcomed in but didn't really do it well enough but I still like bits of it. Unfortunately it has been fractured and politicised and no longer hangs out there as a unified force, which it once did and which like Mahommad's ealier work, was delightful and benign.

Your accusation of sterotyping is way off mark here in this family and your presumptions vastly outweigh. There appears a need to find fault at any cost here, rather than a promoting an attitude of discovery and enquiry.

• Like 2

For some strange reason it seems to me that you have never set foot in KL. There are many bars with prostitutes, one the famous being Beach Club and Thai Club. Plus a whole area called Changkat Bukit Bintang, and that is just in the city. Many many other places to find girls in KL and yes, some are muslim.

because you can't do it in Dubai, or KL, or Tehran or Herat or . . .

Being a muslim does not mean you cannot drink or have sex. Being a strong faithed practicing muslim means you can't do those things.

Using your way of thinking you may as well ask what a catholic is doing in places like that, you know, no sex before marriage and all that.

So stop with your stereotyping. You really have swallowed the anti muslim propaganda hook line and sinker.

you may as well ask what you like, but I am not asking about Caholics or anybody. I was wrong about KL, perhaps it should have been Islamabad or Lahore. I admit I have only been in KL airport

The point, which you have obviously sacrificed in your mind for the narrative, is that because these sort of people cannot do what they do in thailand back home, is why they do it here. . . No?

As for swallowing anti muslim propaganda hook line and sinker, that is an overly reactionary comment with no basis in the narrative at all. I am not stereotyping people who live in countries that have national bans on alcohol. eSpeaking as a person who has married and lived with a muslim woman and three muslim children and a half dozen, delightfully friendly relations and friends for the last twenty years, I gained useful insights into Islam way beyond your average yogi bear my friend. I slept with it and made love with it and ate with and read it and still pray with its language. My family have given it up. Too hard. I was welcomed in but didn't really do it well enough but I still like bits of it. Unfortunately it has been fractured and politicised and no longer hangs out there as a unified force, which it once did and which like Mahommad's ealier work, was delightful and benign.

Your accusation of sterotyping is way off mark here in this family and your presumptions vastly outweigh. There appears a need to find fault at any cost here, rather than a promoting an attitude of discovery and enquiry.

Good post

Why this misleading title on this thread ?

The title says "Oman tourist stabbed on Pattaya Walking Street"

while in fact it happened in Soi 15, not on Walking Street

Looks like someone doesn't like all the "Safe zone" work

made by Pattaya City in this touristic street...

Cue the ladyboy bashing posts.

Where did it mention "ladyboys" in the article?

That won't stop he haters and homophobes...probably claim the Thai fella is a ladyboy...just not made-up that nite. I mean, many are convinced they are a scourge on pattaya and responsible for most of the crime in town.

They are a scourge on Pattaya, but they do not apply to this case. But no need for you to worry, in a day or

so there will be another ladyboy crime story....

So he was stabbed by a male bar worker , he must have said something very stupid to provoke this attack.

Like " can I have one more drink please "

I can think of another proposition he might have made which might have set the guy off. In fact, it would probably get a similar reaction from the homophobes on this forum...seeing how they approve of violence against inoffensive ladyboys. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

So he was stabbed by a male bar worker , he must have said something very stupid to provoke this attack.

I can think of another proposition he might have made which might have set the guy off. In fact, it would probably get a similar reaction from the homophobes on this forum...seeing how they approve of violence against inoffensive ladyboys.

i know you are not speaking to me in this matter however

i am not a homophobe

i do not approve of violence against inoffensive ladyboys

however the lady-boys i know have inoffensive jobs, do not engage in prostitution and do not need to parade themselves on beach road

i think there's a big difference between those who do and those who don't

i would not be surprised if they were offended by the antics of their brethren, just as some of us are occasionally ashamed of our countrymen by how they behave here

• Like 1

I missed the bit where it says he is a Muslim. Just because he is from Oman does not make him Muslim.

This is a good point because, my comment was that "they", those people from countries where you can't walk down streets full of available bar girls etc, do it in Thailand because 'they' can, in Thailand. And do. Don't we? Well don't answer that or it will start more presumption. I do. Occasionally.

Yes, from that innocent enough observation, "they", magically turned into muslims and I'm not sure why other than the fact that presumption is the result of a non-critical mind, that's probably had too much coffee or whatever. On the day.

So how? The guy in the photo was of middle eastern appearance. Couple that with they and "there" you have it.

Mention a couple of muslim dominated cities and away we go.

Presumption is one of TV's worst and most prolific visitors.

It is the sometimes necesaary precursor of off topic babblings.

Presumption is the plaything and handshake of bigotry.

I can think of another proposition he might have made which might have set the guy off. In fact, it would probably get a similar reaction from the homophobes on this forum...seeing how they approve of violence against inoffensive ladyboys.

i know you are not speaking to me in this matter however

i am not a homophobe

i do not approve of violence against inoffensive ladyboys

however the lady-boys i know have inoffensive jobs, do not engage in prostitution and do not need to parade themselves on beach road

i think there's a big difference between those who do and those who don't

i would not be surprised if they were offended by the antics of their brethren, just as some of us are occasionally ashamed of our countrymen by how they behave here

Some members have called for ladyboys to be "eliminated" and referred to them by inhuman pronouns like "things." I don't recall you ever having done so. I agree with what you say; and the same could be said for ladygirls as well.

Take a rest, and chill out 'OMGlmlnin Patts", the topic is not about ladyboys. Why are you a thai ladyboy APOLOGIST ? Are you in love with one