My CTH Rant

wineman

I had mine installed 2 months ago but have heard nothing since. I don't even have a copy of the contract. I would like to cancel but can't even do that. Come back Truevisions all is forgiven.

Amen Chris. They are an utter shambles. Was a very sad day for Thailand when these clowns somehow managed to win these rights. Completely bizarre. I hate them.

This was posted on their Facebook site today. Maybe you could try contacting them this way.

Dear all members if there is a problem in any payment experiences or suggestions, feedback, etc, please send name, address, or phone number and details to [email protected], which is the channel customer care team to coordinate. Manage to serve members in addition to the call center.

I tried this e-mail address and it came back undelivered !!

Anybody else's CTH go 'offline' around 20:30 tonight (Monday)?

All channels down.....frustrating doesn't even come close....if it weren't for the premierhip I wouldn't have it....

Get rid and get 365 sports. 600 baht a month.

Need over 3mb internet. Pretty much standard in Thailand. I share with next door and it never freezes. No problems at all.

Incidentally, as a note for other CTH users, today I received my first monthly bil. I bit miffed that I have to pay an extra 1 month's subscription as a deposit.

Some like me, paid it on installation, some pay it later.

I sorry to hear of your problems with CTH. I personally could not be happier with CTH. The customer service from the shop in Pattaya Tai is first class and the programmed that I can access so much better than Sophon cable and half the cost of Truevision. I suppose it's true that one man's meat is another's poison.

Happy watching!

I would say they are reasonable at best,but so are Truevision.

Had a bill, 2 days ago for 4,878.92 baht

Paid 3,500 on 25th july,installed 10th August

Had a call to say i needed to pay 2 months in advance,so i went straight up and paid 1,924 baht, o nthe 2oth August.

The fat lady at patt thai said it was an old bill and i dint need to pay 1 month rent until approc 10th novemeberr,due to paying 2 months up front.Where they got this 4,878.92 baht rfrom is anybodies guess,but i still suspect i will be cut off in the near future lol.

I have a fast internet , 18 - 20 mps and are looking for a good cheap internet TV Preferences are sport, not EPL , News , Documentrys, History Channels , Turbo and the odd movie ... Any ( constructive ) suggestions ?? CHEERS ! biggrin.png

EPL! EPL! EP f'ing L! Some of you guys should try living in the UK, where the EPL actually happens - just see how much live EPL is on the telly there!

Anyway; as OMG implies, make a small investment in the 21st Century and get all your viewing needs via the internet.

I emailed [email protected] on 9th September and am still waiting a reply.

This was posted on their Facebook site today. Maybe you could try contacting them this way.

Dear all members if there is a problem in any payment experiences or suggestions, feedback, etc, please send name, address, or phone number and details to [email protected], which is the channel customer care team to coordinate. Manage to serve members in addition to the call center.

I tried this e-mail address and it came back undelivered !!

I sorry to hear of your problems with CTH. I personally could not be happier with CTH. The customer service from the shop in Pattaya Tai is first class and the programmed that I can access so much better than Sophon cable and half the cost of Truevision. I suppose it's true that one man's meat is another's poison.

Happy watching!

Had a call to say i needed to pay 2 months in advance,so i went straight up and paid 1,924 baht, o nthe 2oth August.

The fat lady at patt thai said it was an old bill and i dint need to pay 1 month rent until approc 10th novemeberr,due to paying 2 months up front.Where they got this 4,878.92 baht rfrom is anybodies guess,but i still suspect i will be cut off in the near future lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My bill received a couple of days ago was for around 4440 and included 1800 baht for a set top box deposit that I had already paid the installer. My wife called them and was told to just pay 2 months rental and ignore the rest until the next bill arrives!! It actually works out to 2 full months rental plus a proportion for the first month since installation and the duplicated box deposit, so I've paid them all bar the 1800 and will hopefully just get a corrected bill for just 1 months rental later this month. I'm happy enough with the TV channels I get but the accounting side leaves a lot to be desired!

Happy watching!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My bill received a couple of days ago was for around 4440 and included 1800 baht for a set top box deposit that I had already paid the installer. My wife called them and was told to just pay 2 months rental and ignore the rest until the next bill arrives!! It actually works out to 2 full months rental plus a proportion for the first month since installation and the duplicated box deposit, so I've paid them all bar the 1800 and will hopefully just get a corrected bill for just 1 months rental later this month. I'm happy enough with the TV channels I get but the accounting side leaves a lot to be desired!

How can you run a business like that? They are making it up as they go along. I haven't had my bill yet.

Complete shambles.

Got bill into today for well over 4,000 baht......couldnt work out why so high for 2 months....missus phoned CTH HQ and explained that we had wanted to pay year up front....was simply told to ignore this bill and wait for next one as there had been many mess ups with first bills being sent to customers....

Time will tell.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Not trying to hijack the thread just making a point. As most games are provided by overseas servers it is not always easy to get a good stream, maybe because of stability?

I think that CTH is a good value for money option for watching the EPL.

Vientiane server

2965751470.png

UK server

2965748079.png

WOW how do you get only 37ms ping to UK from THAILAND?????????????????????????????????????,

Seems impossible to me! No matter you're 2 meters from the DSLAM or you have optic fiber, the distance to Europe can't allow such ping, it's probably a mistake...

Would love to see your http://pingtest.net results (requires JAVA for true quality testing).

Most of the speedtest websites actually measure against the caching proxy in Bangkok regardless of what it says in the test. The only website I know off that shows the actual speed is DSLReports.com.

9121.png

This is the sad reality of traffic speed outside thailand. By using a download manager or bittorrent software you may be able to use your full nominal bandwidth. It may vary a bit but it'll be about the max of what you can get in one download stream from outside Thailand.

Not trying to hijack the thread just making a point. As most games are provided by overseas servers it is not always easy to get a good stream, maybe because of stability?

I think that CTH is a good value for money option for watching the EPL.

Vientiane server

2965751470.png

UK server

2965748079.png

WOW how do you get only 37ms ping to UK from THAILAND?????????????????????????????????????,

Seems impossible to me! No matter you're 2 meters from the DSLAM or you have optic fiber, the distance to Europe can't allow such ping, it's probably a mistake...

Would love to see your http://pingtest.net results (requires JAVA for true quality testing).

I have no idea mate, but here is your suggestion with a Singapore server.

87826919.png

And UK

87826964.png

A bit of a difference as you can see. Anyway I can stream Youtube and movies so I am happy with it.

Will be obliged if you would tell me the channel numbers of NGA, NGW, and the movie channels you like. Thanks in advance.

I agree with Stoneyboy on this one. I would not have considered CTH if it had not been for the EPL coverage and to be fair they promised all the EPL games with English commentary and they have provided just that.

I personally also like Sky News, Ci, NGA, NGW and some of the movie channels, so happy with the service overall. Luckily I have had no technical issues up to now, but I am aware that others have not had a good experience.

Will be obliged if you would tell me the channel numbers of NGA, NGW, and the movie channels you like. Thanks in advance.

I agree with Stoneyboy on this one. I would not have considered CTH if it had not been for the EPL coverage and to be fair they promised all the EPL games with English commentary and they have provided just that.

I personally also like Sky News, Ci, NGA, NGW and some of the movie channels, so happy with the service overall. Luckily I have had no technical issues up to now, but I am aware that others have not had a good experience.

NGA 189 NGW 190 CI 202. Movies from 36 to 41. All a question of taste i guess.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have been watching CTH in my rented condo for a month and have been reasonably happy with it. Likewise for a mate who is happy and has both CTH (for EPL) and True in his restaurant but has only CTH at his home. I am about to move into my own place and seriously considering CTH therw.

Anyone know if they offer any PVR STB devices? Preferably with twin tuners?

Thanks bangkokrick

NGA 189 NGW 190 CI 202. Movies from 36 to 41. All a question of taste i guess.

• 3 months later...

I have CTH and have now lost all vision (not sound) for channels 202 CI, 203, 51 and probably some others. They have also changed various channels, e.g. food channel has become pop music, etc.

Anyway, CI was occasionally pretty good and after all I am paying for it. Anyone else had same experience? Is there something I can do (have tried HD button - no joy)