Roads in Rawaii

IrishIvan

The lights have been installled on the permamnent poles, count down timers installed and road markings painted

If you cannot see them now i suggest you buy yourself a white walking stick

Are you talking about the intersection close to Icon?

The lights have been installled on the permamnent poles, count down timers installed and road markings painted

The intersection at the local govt offices,

we go to nai Harn beach most mornings aroud 7am

Approx 2 weeks ago the lights were there lying on the ground, the following morning they had been installed on tempory poles

they are now fully installed at both ends on that section of baan rawai-baan nai harn road

Edited by nedkellylives

Approx 2 weeks ago the lights were there lying on the ground, the following morning they had been installed on tempory poles

they are now fully installed at both ends on that section of baan rawai-baan nai harn road

Thanks, it was a bit confusing since Ivan, Bubblegum and me were talking about the Icon intersection. Only Ivan has seen lights there, the others have not.

It looks like you were the only one talking about the intersection at the orbortor office.

Thanks, it was a bit confusing since Ivan, Bubblegum and me were talking about the Icon intersection. Only Ivan has seen lights there, the others have not.

It looks like you were the only one talking about the intersection at the orbortor office.

No worries, where is the Icon intersection is it the one at Moos restaurant

No worries, where is the Icon intersection is it the one at Moos restaurant

No, next one, 7/11 almost at the corner and the police quite often performing checks. Typhoon was mentioned here for the intersection, Sai Yuan intersection was mentioned.

Im going down to get some photos for all you short sighted souls. There are 2 sets. One near Cheers bar. The other is where the fuzz hang out at the 3 way intersection.

Cheers bar is undisputed. But again this morning I saw no lights or sign of lights at the Sai Yuan intersection (the one near Icon). So far I am not wearing my glasses while driving, you can change that habit now.

Im going down to get some photos for all you short sighted souls. There are 2 sets. One near Cheers bar. The other is where the fuzz hang out at the 3 way intersection.

You're mistaken. The other lights are at the or bor tor office in Rawai.

Ladyboy must have spiked your drink.

You guys are driving me bonkers ! Just to be sure I went down (again) to the 3way intersection near Freebird bar / 7-11. There are NO traffic lights ! Just the warning lights I mentioned.

To be very clear this is the intersection when coming from Kata you turn hard right following the signs Nai Harn Beach. On your right hand side you'll pas the Icon, going down the hill very near the intersection you have the Freebird bar where the fuzz collects their tickets. Next to Freebird is a new restaurant selling smoked fish and Boullabaise. If you turn left you pass the 7/11 and Teco, if you turn right you pass Da Vinci and you'll be on the road towards the OTHER intersection near M&M.

• Like 1

Agree

Yep. I knew it I waz spiked! Im going to have to break out the hockey stick.

So the traffic lights are near the fire station and cheers bar. And the new set on wiset near the turnoff to rawaii muay thai

Throwing some more new lights into the mix? But I'm glad we all are finally in agreement on the first 2 sets, but it took some convincing.

I have not seen the lights at that soi yet, but I'll check again later today, I pass by there every day.

You do know that Rawai Muay Thai moved to Khao Lak? That will be a long, long turnoff. There is a new place at the old location though. Rawai Muay Thai left because of the rent they were asking, I can't see the new one lasting long (unless it is setup by the land owners).

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

So the traffic lights are near the fire station and cheers bar. And the new set on wiset near the turnoff to rawaii muay thai

Throwing some more new lights into the mix? But I'm glad we all are finally in agreement on the first 2 sets, but it took some convincing.

I have not seen the lights at that soi yet, but I'll check again later today, I pass by there every day.

You do know that Rawai Muay Thai moved to Khao Lak? That will be a long, long turnoff. There is a new place at the old location though. Rawai Muay Thai left because of the rent they were asking, I can't see the new one lasting long (unless it is setup by the land owners).

Ya got me

I predict there will be a few deaths a year at the T junction in front of Nai Harn lake reggae bar. Before, vehicles coming from yanui or the south of the beach had to stop at the junction. Now they have right of way. Traffic coming from Rawai wanting to go straight (which is the majority in my observation) can't see anything coming from the left until the very last moment. Even going very slow I feel I'm at the mercy of a car coming fast and cutting a bit into the corner. Crazy...

I predict there will be a few deaths a year at the T junction in front of Nai Harn lake reggae bar. Before, vehicles coming from yanui or the south of the beach had to stop at the junction. Now they have right of way. Traffic coming from Rawai wanting to go straight (which is the majority in my observation) can't see anything coming from the left until the very last moment. Even going very slow I feel I'm at the mercy of a car coming fast and cutting a bit into the corner. Crazy...

Yes, dangerous situation. But the right of way situation has not changed there, just the lines on the road make it clear now.

Yes, dangerous situation. But the right of way situation has not changed there, just the lines on the road make it clear now.
Nope, there was a clear thick white line on the road indicating vehicles had to stop, which they were all doing.

Nope, there was a clear thick white line on the road indicating vehicles had to stop, which they were all doing.

Yes, but the roads have not changed: the mayor road, I think the number is 4233, runs from Kata to Nai Harn, before the lake left up to Yanui (don't know where it ends, might check this weekend). All traffic on the major road had and has right of way. This means I believe the previous lines to be incorrect.