A-League-SoccerRoos thread, get on board soccer is alive and growing down under.

AlexRRR

In the news Kewell is captian of Melb Heart this season, at least they got him to do a preseason with them unlike Victory who were falling all over them selves to sign him at any cost.

And this brings me to the question ( since kewell is obviously hoping to land a spot for Brazil) why are the Socceroos still fielding a dads army?

Kewell and co are hitting 36....seen some good article's this weekend on this issue, were to old and we don't have much coming through is the talk.

Maybe but you know your headed for disaster and heavy criticism, the walloping from Brazil last week should indicate that.

I cant belive there isn't 3 or 4 early 20's players around who could not have been moulded into the team in time for the world cup next year, yes I know several have been added but not enough, seriously close to half the socceroos will be coming up for there 3rd world cup.

I was at the Victory Heart opener last season, hope I have a better night this time.

News flash...................9 players and the team coach of a Victorian premier league side were arrested on charges related to match fixing today sunday in a press statement from a police spokesman.

Why do we need to bet on any football code?

The FFA spokesman predicted a life time ban on all if found guilty.

And I wasn't even aware they bet on low leagues like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Robbie Kruse scores 2 goals on debut and sets up another for Bayer Leverkusen giggle.gif

Victory saga of signing a marque player has ended with the signing of Chilean defender 35 year old Pablo Contreras he's played everywhere it seems and will mark the third Chilean to have played for Victory, now we can get on with playing football.wub.png

The rumour mill is working overtime, latest is Guus Hiddink has been sounded out as replacement for Osiecks, my my and if sacked a 1 million$ payout, seems FFA hasn't come to terms with the 6zip against Brasil....

You think it might be something to do with the lack of quality players?

Well once stuff like this begins there often is truth in it, Osiecks better land some good results in up coming friendly's against France and Canada or he could be sitting on the French Riviera enjoying the sunshine courtesy of FFA.

Look how we have progressed as a soccer nation...the knives come out fast these days.

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks later 2 6 goal drubbings one exist national coach and overnight 3-0 win in London against lowly Canada, speculation on new national coach is mounting papers are being sold, FAA claims there getting tons of mail on the job while papers speculate on an Aussie filling the role.

Victory and Heart drag out an uninspiring draw, Sydney with that magic Italian put in a solid performance against Newcastle 2-0

Friday night game Adelaide vs Melbourne V, what a game, penalty that wasn't , goal to Victory that wasn't allowed, then a blistering second half storm by victory to come back 2-2 just an ounce of luck would have had Victory walk away with the 3 points.

Well shame Ange will be offered the National coach's job I think he has the "team" but who replaces him?

Sydney crash 0-4 against Roar in Brisbane, last weeks game wasn't to hot really Newcastle hardly ventured forward giving the sky blues a false sense of achievement.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No ernie wasnt bad at all, 2 champions ships in 6 seasons says a lot, 3 seasons after ernie VICTORY still nowhere without a future inexperienced coach and team of highly paid duds.

i recommend that the Board be shown the door,

• 8 months later...