Bike in my name, user causes accident

joepattaya1961

Well, I went to the police station and while being there I was asking myself.........What am i doing here?

It appeared that the user/rider of my bike was pretty intoxicated and got involved in an accident.

He was locked away and the counterpart went to hospital.

Nobody....and I mean nobody did have any clue about what was going on and about procedures.

There were 3 FPV's present and all they did was explaining to me what could happen........no help from them!

Basically, everybody is waiting for the counterpart and her (possible) complaint and/or charges and in the meantime the ex-intoxicated rider is locked up.......and that can lasty 5 weeks!

In economic terms Pattaya police would be a Mickey Mouse Enterprise!!

Went back yesterday.........

First there was a demand for THB 10,000 for the injured woman; I would get my bike back if I pay up, but of course I'd like to see the bike first.

Went to check the bike and after a few visits to different motorbike shops incl. Mittyon, the damage was approx. THB 6,000 - THB 8,000.

Returned to the police-station and the culprit was about to be released.........the THB 10,000 was reduced to THB 5,000 because the culprit appreared to be a handyman and he promised to fix a ceiling in the police-officer's condo. whistling.gif

Of course, the injured woman will never see a single baht.

The culprit was released without paying a fine, without going to court..........I was freaking annoyed and decided to take my bike back.

A befriended hardware shop owner helped me to get my bike out of the impound and delivered it to the nearest motorbike repair shop.

All in all I was lucky.......it could have cost me a lot more. Another lesson learned wai.gif

I did not give away the bike; I allowed the rider to use it.

I've decided to take the bike back, get it repaired and use it myself.

Sorry, when you said “…I gave my bike without transferring it.” I didn’t realize you just loaned it to her.

My bad.

That was a "Red Herring" just to see if you where still listening. biggrin.png Evil spirits made me say that! whistling.gif

You removed the impounded bike from the police by 'breaking & entering'? This could get interesting.

And where did anyone say the above, it's getting interesting alright.........care to elaborate on the alledged breaking and entering pleasewhistling.gif

Went back yesterday.........

First there was a demand for THB 10,000 for the injured woman; I would get my bike back if I pay up, but of course I'd like to see the bike first.

Went to check the bike and after a few visits to different motorbike shops incl. Mittyon, the damage was approx. THB 6,000 - THB 8,000.

Returned to the police-station and the culprit was about to be released.........the THB 10,000 was reduced to THB 5,000 because the culprit appreared to be a handyman and he promised to fix a ceiling in the police-officer's condo. whistling.gif

Of course, the injured woman will never see a single baht.

The culprit was released without paying a fine, without going to court..........I was freaking annoyed and decided to take my bike back.

A befriended hardware shop owner helped me to get my bike out of the impound and delivered it to the nearest motorbike repair shop.

All in all I was lucky.......it could have cost me a lot more. Another lesson learned wai.gif

I shouldn't alter the post according to the rules, but the bit between "I was freaking" and "helped me to get my bike out of the impound" with the specific implication that hardware knowledge was required. I guess the OP could have meant that the friend helped him negotiate the release of the bike, but I don't think the language he was using fits that.

I think I may have misunderstood though if I'm to be honest.

So your ex-mate is drunk riding your bike, injured a woman while having an accident, and you say " Of course, the injured woman will never see a single baht", well matey you can count your blessing it were'nt my Mrs.

Your ex-mate should pay for the woman's losses or his nothing but a scumbag and if he don't pay you should be taken to court and made to pay.

Rant over.bah.gif