62-year-old Jailed Briton Maintains Innocence

george

Yeah, must be almost as boring as sitting at some desk in Japan, trying to think up yet more cynical 'put downs' to post on a far off, Thai based, web forum, and see who you can annoy and/or provoke today.... :o

Oh! sorry, wrong thread :D

Have another beer Mobi..............

There was a case here in Pattaya not long ago, where a policeman and a taxidriver tried to stich up a young turist, they threatend him that they would plant drugs on him if he did not pay 30,000 bath, next day the policeman and taxi driver was caught in a sting operation when they came to the young mans hotel to collect the money.

I for this reason and others will be carefull not to dismiss claims of innocence from people in jail here in LOS, but then on the other hand think that those who are proven real guilty of serius crime such as murder or drug crime should never come out, but be allowed to rot til the day they die.

Kind regards, :o

Arrested in the 60's for a crime.

30 years later!!!!!

Who the hel_l are you people???????

I'm seriously beginning to question what the heck I'm doing reading some of the <deleted> that you people post!

Are you reading the same thread? :o

He was arrested in 1990. He spent 17 yrs in jail (it's 2007 now)

doesn't the OP say that he maintained his innocents? i don't know if he was guilty or not. seems like many of the TV posters are quick to condemn anyone in their sights. this is a pretty sad story. 17 years is a long time.

Well he and his mates were caught with a huge stash of heroin in their vehicle, and in 17years neither he, nor his lawyers have been able to come up with anything other than statements and unfounded allegations to show that he was wrongly convicted.

It's one thing to condemn someone without them being given a fair hearing, but this guy has been tried, and convicted, had good lawyers investigating on his behalf, and the convictions still stand.

I get tired of seeing people trying to smuggle drugs in Asia then play victim when they get caught.

You want a sad story? Look at the life of a heroin addict.

Fair hearing?You believe that.You are joking right?

30 years later!!!!!

I'm seriously beginning to question what the heck I'm doing reading some of the <deleted> that you people post!

Are you reading the same thread? :o

:D :D :D

Don't worry chaps, he will be selling his story of .......17 years of hel_l in The Bangkok Hilton to the Sunday papers, then there will be a book, although if it is anything like Warren Fellows book, it will be grossly exaggerated and dramatised for effect.

Anybody that has been in Jail for 17 years won't have much to write about, not a lot goes on, you get up, you get let outta the cell, you eat, you are locked up, you are let out to eat again, you are locked up again, hardly inspiring material for a book.

Jails are full of innocent people..yea right.

In the United States alone:

DNA testing has freed 200 innocent people from prison. All of them were swept off the streets, forcibly separated from their families and friends, and wrongfully imprisoned for years or decades. Some narrowly escaped execution. Together, they served a total of 2,475 years in prison for crimes they didn't commit.

And they are just the tip of the iceberg. Nobody truly knows how many innocent people are in prison. Only a small fraction of cases involve evidence that could be tested for DNA — and even among those cases, evidence is often lost or destroyed before it can be tested.

I tend to be a little sceptical. I worked in a prison for a while and believe me, it was the largest gathering of innocent victims on earth. Nobody had ever done anything wrong--OK, they had, but what they were caught for was always a really big misunderstanding or a set-up.

Not a guilty one in the lot of them.

At any rate, this guy spent a lot of time in jail, even if he was guilty he got a very long sentence. I am glad for him he's out.

this is good news ! whether he did it or not, he has served his time, and i hope this guy is having the time of his life back in sunny blackpool, meeting all his relatives and stuff. i wonder if he will ever come back to thailand again? i bet not. a happy ending i would say. i am very happy for him.

30 years later!!!!!

Are you reading the same thread? :D

:D :D :D

Who's not reading/remembering the thread??

(post #28) :o