'Four Seasons' rumor commentators postpone trial

webfact

'Four Seasons' Rumor Commentators Postpone Trial
By Khaosod Online

BANGKOK: -- The group of Democrat MPs charged with defaming Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has postponed their appearance at the court.

Mr. Chawanond Intarakomalsut, Mr. Theptai Senpong, and Mr. Sirichok Sopa are charged with the libel lawsuit for hosting a talk show on the Democrat-allied Blue Sky TV channel in which they repeated the rumour of Ms. Yingluck′s alleged secretive meeting with a number of businessmen at Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Bangkok.

The rumours, which had been circulated in early 2012, alleged that Ms. Yingluck has shirked off an important parliamentary session in order to hold a meeting with Mr. Settha Thaweesin, a director of the well-known Sansiri land developer group.

According to the rumours, Ms. Yingluck has requested "Radio Code 5", denoting a secret assignment, to her bodyguards during the meeting.

The secretive nature of the meeting has led many anti-government critics at the time to accuse Ms. Yingluck of having sexual affairs with Mr. Settha, while other variations of the story claimed the Prime Minister was engaged in a group sex with other businessmen as well.

The 3 Democrat MPs were supposed to appear at the court with the prosecution today, but the defendants′ lawyer has requested a postponement, citing his client′s busy schedule as the MPs. The court has agreed to reschedule the trial to December.

The spectre of ′Four Seasons Affair′ was briefly back in the public discussion when The Nation newspaper incorrectly stated in July that Mr. Settha is Ms. Yingluck′s husband. Ms. Yingluck is in fact (unofficially) married to Mr. Anusorn Amornchat.

The incident led to an apology by the newspaper′s management which also announced a disciplinary action against some of its staff responsible for the mistake.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM09UTXhOekl5Tnc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-09-16

"The secretive nature of the meeting has led many anti-government critics at the time to accuse Ms. Yingluck of having sexual affairs with Mr. Settha, while other variations of the story claimed the Prime Minister was engaged in a group sex with other businessmen as well."

I am so jealous! :) I want to do a "Radio Code 5" hook up with her!

• Like 1

Kennedy had MM. Clinton had ML, so what is wrong politicians do it all the time. It was claimed the the PM brother-in-law was seen with young ladies while he was PM, and it is rumored that her brother had extra lovers also, while he was PM. So I see this as being SEXIST, only men can have some fun but female can not? It appears that there are a bunch of Male Chauvinist Pigs around.. coffee1.gif

Kennedy had MM. Clinton had ML, so what is wrong politicians do it all the time. It was claimed the the PM brother-in-law was seen with young ladies while he was PM, and it is rumored that her brother had extra lovers also, while he was PM. So I see this as being SEXIST, only men can have some fun but female can not? It appears that there are a bunch of Male Chauvinist Pigs around.. coffee1.gif

Agree - what's source for the goose is source for the gander. David Lloyd George was a bit naughty too, and Berlusconi etc etc.

Unfortunate though that an important witness was murdered by his driver in a bit of a bungled sort of robbery.

I think it somewhat more likely she was doing some sort of real estate business, most likely under the table stuff.

The basic critism was/is true. She shirked her duty as PM to attend that meeting. At the time there was something important on the agenda (I don't remember what now).

But is it any different than running off on international shopping trips all the time? As PM she is NOT doing her duty. She is a sham and a disgrace.

The only difference between then and now, is that she seems to have learned what works and what doesn't to dodge her responsibilities.

• Like 1

"The secretive nature of the meeting has led many anti-government critics at the time to accuse Ms. Yingluck of having sexual affairs with Mr. Settha, while other variations of the story claimed the Prime Minister was engaged in a group sex with other businessmen as well."

I am so jealous! smile.png I want to do a "Radio Code 5" hook up with her!

Why? She's a plump faced, middle aged, pidgin english speaking Chinese woman. Surely you could find something better than that without so much as walking 20 yards in Thailand.

Totally agree. Have never understood the facination that so many have with this middle aged and very average woman. In my local supermarket there are a myriad of women that are far more pleasant on the eye, speak better english and turn up for work every day.

One can only imagine what beasts they have to live with in the real world.

• Like 2

I am so jealous! smile.png I want to do a "Radio Code 5" hook up with her!

Why? She's a plump faced, middle aged, pidgin english speaking Chinese woman. Surely you could find something better than that without so much as walking 20 yards in Thailand.

Totally agree. Have never understood the fascination that so many have with this middle aged and very average woman. In my local supermarket there are a myriad of women that are far more pleasant on the eye, speak better english and turn up for work every day.

One can only imagine what beasts they have to live with in the real world.

Agreed.

Must be exceptionally quite grim for them if they see her as desirous.