British man mysteriously disappears in Srisaket province

webfact

I'm wondering if his bank account has something missing???

I'm wondering if your brain account has something missing?? -wai2.gif

Could be he is not British and is trying to contribute to forum, maybe he can explain that. My Lincolnshire style English gets bashed time and time again.

• Like 1

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only poped down for a quick Leo about 10 minutes ago and had 2 phone calls where are you, who you with? if I was gone for a week Interpol would be looking for me if I am gone for more than 30 min its a massive problem, something very ropey about his wifes casual sounding attitude 7 or 8 days. I just hope it all has a happy ending for all concerned.

22 years ago is a long time ago. A gentler time.

Pattaya and who is attracted there in the last 10-15 years has changed dramatically.

I have lived here longer than that..I don't see Thailand as you do..one thing it is not is a wonderful country..it has its faults and every increasing..

Good for you..mind..you probably didn't come here to retire, didn't come here to meet a wife..many do..ill equipped lonely, you probably didn't come here because you hated your home country..the age difference is significant etc..

• Like 1

The life insurance policy document must never be shown or revealed to the thai. It is like winning a lotto to them.

I hope he will be found alive but I doubt it. Maybe they did not read a small print on document that they must have a dead body to prove.

all thais are potential murderers in your eyes?

where is england ?

next to wales

Where is Wales ?

Chasing the Tuna...

Where is Tuna... Between her...

Hey! Something smells kinda Fishy... Oh right! we're in Thailand...

Everything smells fishy here...

Ask the English man... He's the one who went to Wales looking for a Tuna or Mackeral or something... Smells Fishy here...

• Like 1

She said that he was missing for about 7 to 8 days.

Did she report him/the car missing, and more to the point, she's his wife, surely she'd know exactly how many days he'd been missing, I don't normally get involved in who dunnit but if I was a police officer on the case....mmmmm

If you were a local police officer on the case and the victim was a foreigner, instead of mmmm it might be zzzzzzzz.

• Like 1

The life insurance policy document must never be shown or revealed to the thai. It is like winning a lotto to them.

I hope he will be found alive but I doubt it. Maybe they did not read a small print on document that they must have a dead body to prove.

all thais are potential murderers in your eyes?

Perhaps he just meant the women and men.

• Like 1

If this is "Thainess" (the not giving a shit about your HUSBAND that you love and care for and share a life with that's been missing for 7 or 8 days), then I want no part of it. It stinks.

Im wondering which country you are from ? Are there no criminals in your homeland. If this had happened in germany or france ( assuming a crime has been commited) would that be because of some profound racial or social issue or just because all large populations have criminals in their mist?

Your post and like so many others on here stinks of bigotry. You judge a society by the section you mix with. If you want no part of thailand you are welcome to not be there. Im sure you wont be missed. If you do , perhaps try to mix with a better class of person.

Perhaps I should have written in crayon and then you wouldn't have mistaken my point.

The particular quote you "quoted" doesn't mention "criminality" whatsoever, it references the lack of real love and care evidenced by this woman to her husband by not even wondering where he is for 7-8 days. I didn't speculate that she had done anything wrong other than "not caring".

As for bigotry, no, I don't think so . . . opinionated, intolerant to a degree and many other things, but not a racist or a bigot. You are correct on one point however, I do judge society by the sections I mix with, but as that ranges from the very poor lo-so to the very very rich hi-so's and everything in between, I'd say I've seen it all at some point or another.

I agree with you Tatsujin a rather insular and re- active response.

A friend of a friend (retired Swede) who is not well is left to his own devices by his wife and her daughter and I was rather shocked by it as i had never seen anything like that before. Then i met a guy in the pub who lives in nakon nowhere and having bought the house for the wife he is almost completely ignored by that thai family, Infact they want him out. It happens..not so sure it's a general Thai characteristic though..

So who lives in the mist ???? could it be midst, anyway a lot of pointless ranting here, pistols at dawn.

It's an endearing feature of this type of ThiaV thread that members gorge themselves on criticising the quality of journalism that fuels their detection lust, but then themselves write so appallingly badly laugh.png

And pi$$ off with the anti-Sisaket jibes will y'all? This changwat is ok in my book!

• Like 2

They found him this morning. He was hiding in a forest near Rasi Salai, his wife called the cops many times.

He's on a medication, left his home and lived many days in a sort of forest, drank water from the Moon river. He's in a hospital now for treatment.

Just spoke to a Thai friend from the Tourist police. His wife did care about him ,but had no idea where he could be. So please no bashing here. Thanks.-wai2.gif

Good to hear he has been found...alive.

They found him this morning. He was hiding in a forest near Rasi Salai, his wife called the cops many times.

He's on a medication, left his home and lived many days in a sort of forest, drank water from the Moon river. He's in a hospital now for treatment.

Just spoke to a Thai friend from the Tourist police. His wife did care about him ,but had no idea where he could be. So please no bashing here. Thanks.-wai2.gif[/quote

Good to hear he was found...alive.

• Like 2

It's an endearing feature of this type of ThiaV thread that members gorge themselves on criticising the quality of journalism that fuels their detection lust, but then themselves write so appallingly badly laugh.png

One adjective at the end would have been sufficient enough ;)

(and yes, I know, it's deliberate)

• Like 1

I'm sure we all drew our own conclusions as we were reading. With the very little information they did provide it raised many additional red flags...

Since the wife didn't report her husband or car missing for such a period of time, perhaps thats a good indicator that she knew of his whereabouts and did not want to draw attention. She hired someone too...?

Interview the "boyfriend" and relatives! thumbsup.gif

i wonder if there's anything left in his bank account both personal and business if he had one and of course let's not forget any life insurance.

Hopefully that's one of the fist places they check. This looks really bad.

SiSaket is no joke. I lived there for several months. It is generally 'thai' people from Cambodia. Or they are illegal cambodians. A few times I went out fishing in the back wooded very rural areas. I was threatened twice. One said get out of here farang this is my home. Another said get the F out of here this is my country. Funny as they were both illegals from Cambodia. And wasted from Lao. It's pretty hard core out there.

As Anti social as I am, It's important to network and check in with your buddies from time to time. We are loved by many in Thailand but the few that hate us are very very dangerous. Many have nothing to lose! Good luck my friend. I hope you're found in good health!

If this is "Thainess" (the not giving a shit about your HUSBAND that you love and care for and share a life with that's been missing for 7 or 8 days), then I want no part of it. It stinks.

I 've had my share of "thainess" . 22 years and 3 kids.

My wife is hard working,caring,good mother and great cook! I really struck gold when I met her in pattaya 22 years ago!

Most of the poster's seem to have only negative experiences about Thailand. Personally I think it is the best country in the world, for me. Food,climate and people all excellent. Cheap to live and with my decent income a paradise!

If you treat your thai wife as a partner ,life is good.But if you treat her like staff, prepare to pay salary!

Reading all these nonsense stories like 60+ man wonders why greedy 20+ girlfriend want's money for mother's sick buffalo.Or somebody uses excel to explain why he's worth more alive!UNREAL.

Stop thinking that girl you "rescue" own's you something.Like She's really lucky to have "sexy" man like you.

Actually you should be on your knees, thanking for this wonderful place where 60+ can still have 20+ girlfriend...

You sound bit bitter.If you've had few bad relationships here, could it be that you are the problem?

Maybe in this case it is not love and care relationship? Marriage for visa purposes and pure maid/cook/sex transaction. She only miss him first or last day of the month!

You're very lucky. A lot of men are not so. The women do owe us something; even if it's just a little respect for raising their standard of living beyond their wildest dreams!

If that is your attitude, we will be dissecting your disappearance soon enough. Try googling healthy relationships in between beers

• Like 1