UPVC Windows in Samui

CaptainS

I used Hoffen in Home Pro a few years ago; service was ok and the quality of the sliding doors is fine for me (doors still look new after 3 years). Minus: if you have to repair it, you need to wait the "Hoffen crew" to be on the island as they are based outside Samui if i remember well (Hat Yai or else?)

Sunparadise windows on the ring road Chaweng,

Sun Paradise Aluminium Glazing Systems

26/8 Moo 3, 4169 Ring Road, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Chaweng - Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84320

Tel: 077 414 635

Windsor windows @ Homemart Maenam, also just before you get to homemart heading from Bophut big building on left with PVC window display outfront.

Also you can look here:

http://q-windows-koh-samui.jimdo.com/

Sunparadise windows on the ring road Chaweng,

Sun Paradise Aluminium Glazing Systems

26/8 Moo 3, 4169 Ring Road, Chaweng, Koh Samui, Chaweng - Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84320

Tel: 077 414 635

Windsor windows @ Homemart Maenam, also just before you get to homemart heading from Bophut big building on left with PVC window display outfront.

Also you can look here:

http://q-windows-koh-samui.jimdo.com/

Not wishing to interfere with the OP but do you know if they sell Velux loft windows. A long shot I know!

hi guys

Winsor in my opinion are not very good [had many problems in the past ]

had a company from Pattaya install on samui for good price and product

do a search for windows Pattaya[WR vinyl comes to mind ]

sunparadise are not really upvc [but coated aluminium and very costly , but very good]

you could also try Sunflex here on samui

cheers

After visiting, I have to say I am really impressed by the good quality of the Sunparadise windows.

I didnt receive my quotation yet, but I guess it maybe wont match my budget.

Does any of you know of a good aluminium window company, better then the ones you get here for cheap with lotsa of gaps (free ventilation ;) but not the super expensive ones. There should be something in between. Sometimes I saw a few nice white powder coated ones on condos in Bangkok.

Would be happy for any ideas and recommendations.

Actually all I want is a windows system which is not made of wood and hasnt any gaps, meaning its properly sealed, thats why I also want to avoid slidings doors.

This guy did a very good job a few years back, on replacing windows on some houses near me. I cannot remember his name and he speaks no English, but his number is 081 273 1983. Land line 077 248358.

The aluminium windows were of a much better quality than the usual 'cheapies'.

His windows are in at least three houses up here on a hill and no leaks! We get very strong westerlies so that is a good result. The house owners are all very happy with his work.

Rough estimate - back then a 300 cm by 250 cm window was 36.000 baht. Tinted glass. He was much cheaper than Sunparadise.

If the number no longer works - let me know and I'll try and track him down.

• Like 1

Too many variables to compare prices, to be fair you have to specify eg; glass thickness, tint etc.......

Yes, have to agree on that, just wanted to post a figure.

Actually the glass mattered very little in my quotation, less than 10% of the price, most of the total was the aluminium.

Thanks, the number still works, they will come over soon.

Meanwhile I got an offer from Sunparadise, about 20,000 per sqm. I really like their windows, but thats not in my budget.

Sunflex was (is?) about 8,000 - 10,000 per sqm.

thanks, I will inquire with them, this could be in my budget.

hi guys

the UPVC windows from WR vinyel [pattaya ]was about 5000 to 7000 per sq metre delivered and installed

thats about the average price for [better] quality aluminum on samui

cheap aluinium goes for around 3000 to 4000 psm

ive got huge aluminium sliders on a very windy area and have no leaks if installed correctly

• Like 1

I have Sunparadise brushed steel double glazed windows very costly but very good quality now 6 years old and as new the mozzie screens however are total crap and are expensive to replace they are poor to the extent that the smallest of critters can nibble at them causing holes so I would not bother with them as an added item. There is another place between Nathon and the law courts it sells windows/kitchens they have good quality stuff which is a lot less than Sunparadise worth a drive out to have a look the girls will put you in touch with the guy he is German his name is Rudy

• Like 1

Actually all I want is a windows system which is not made of wood and hasnt any gaps, meaning its properly sealed, thats why I also want to avoid slidings doors.

This guy did a very good job a few years back, on replacing windows on some houses near me. I cannot remember his name and he speaks no English, but his number is 081 273 1983. Land line 077 248358.

The aluminium windows were of a much better quality than the usual 'cheapies'.

His windows are in at least three houses up here on a hill and no leaks! We get very strong westerlies so that is a good result. The house owners are all very happy with his work.

Rough estimate - back then a 300 cm by 250 cm window was 36.000 baht. Tinted glass. He was much cheaper than Sunparadise.

If the number no longer works - let me know and I'll try and track him down.

Thanks again for your recommandation.

I visited the guy on Saturday in Mae Nam (on the Ring Road, near the temple at Lomprayah Pier).

We just shouldnt judge the guy by his shop. I have seen a lot of Thai windows makers, that small one looked probably the least impressive. He took me to a villa where he recently installed the glass, which impressed me much better than his shop. ;) Strong 2mm aluminium, coated in grey. I have ordered the same in white. It will take about 2 weeks to get the parts delivered from Bangkok.

I have a total of 13sqm windows, 8sqm in one windows/sliding door combination (8mm glass) and 4 smaller windows. (6mm glass) My price for that is about 70,000 baht.

As you said before bring someone who can speak proper Thai.

I have to say I would have liked the Sunparadise windows better, specially because of the multipoint lock, but they have really been to pricey for me. They came down with the price 30%, which was still almost triple of that local guys quotation.

• Like 2

I have Sunparadise brushed steel double glazed windows very costly but very good quality now 6 years old and as new the mozzie screens however are total crap and are expensive to replace they are poor to the extent that the smallest of critters can nibble at them causing holes so I would not bother with them as an added item. There is another place between Nathon and the law courts it sells windows/kitchens they have good quality stuff which is a lot less than Sunparadise worth a drive out to have a look the girls will put you in touch with the guy he is German his name is Rudy

I actually was in touch with Rudi already, he come over to my house to have a look but didnt contact me anymore, it seems my project was too small for him. Maybe someone else got more luck.

Btw. I was inquirying about PVC windows before, after talking to more people and research I decided to go for good aluminium instead.

I would have prefered my windows to open to the inside of the room, which doesnt seem to be very common here. I just think its much easier to have the screen on the outside, so I can open the windows without removing the screen first.

The people around me and the window makers all told me such windows would be leaking, after thinking about it I am still the opinion it should not be worse than sliding windows.

I now decided to take the risk and have one of my windows opening to the inside and the others to the outside, lets see how it goes over the years.

• Like 1

hi

should have not been a problem to put screens on the outside

if you are using the local guys

however locals have difficulty thinking outside the square , so something new to them is always [can not or not work]

i would have got 3 differing quotes from differing locals first

i have contacts for local alunminium guys who will work to your plans

PM me if you havent committed yet

good luck

• Like 1

Thanks, but its too late already ;) I decided on that local guy already, since the work he did on another project was really good. I can live with what we agreed on. I spent so many weeks looking for windows, it got time to make a decision ;)

btw. if any of you guys is still interested in PVC windows, head over to Homepro, they have an "exibition" right now (right at the entrance) for premade Hofer windows.

as far as im aware all upvc windows and doors are made to fit the existing gap and have to be prepared in the factory so there are no leaking joins [compared to being made on the site which the aluminium [locals do]and will leak in the future sometime

the UPVC company we used came down and measured the gaps/ openings first and then prepared all the frames in thier factory

they were bought down to samui and installed , and it was a difficult [steep] property as well

also you need level and vertical openings for a good fit with about 5 mm tolerance

[so many construction companies cant use this system as they are not accurate enough with thier construction ]

but the locals are extremely well versed in the use of copious amounts of silicone to fix any and all bad workmanship

what they used before silicone was invented im not sure

• Like 1

as far as im aware all upvc windows and doors are made to fit the existing gap and have to be prepared in the factory so there are no leaking joins [compared to being made on the site which the aluminium [locals do]and will leak in the future sometime

the UPVC company we used came down and measured the gaps/ openings first and then prepared all the frames in thier factory

they were bought down to samui and installed , and it was a difficult [steep] property as well

also you need level and vertical openings for a good fit with about 5 mm tolerance

[so many construction companies cant use this system as they are not accurate enough with thier construction ]

but the locals are extremely well versed in the use of copious amounts of silicone to fix any and all bad workmanship

what they used before silicone was invented im not sure

The offer those premade PVC windows right now at Homepro. Anyhow I agree with you, it could be a difficult task to build the house in the right size.

Hofer windows are fairly good for the price, but they are a pre-made to a certain size, can't order to measure.

At Homepro they said the can do that, 4900 baht per sqm, but actually they never send me any detailed quotation.