Unlicensed Bangkok clinic owners arrested for putting patient into a coma

webfact

Unlicensed clinic owners arrested for putting patient into a coma
By Coconuts Bangkok

ram.jpg?itok=imsxG-qq

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Public Health and the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) held a press conference yesterday about an unlicensed clinic in Bangkapi that put a patient into a coma.

The patient was admitted to the ICU of a private hospital after suffering severe drug allergies at the clinic.

The authorities searched the clinic located in a house on Ramkhamhang 83/2 and found dangerous drugs, muscle-relaxing radio wave machines, an infrared machine, and patient records.

Pahatti Na Pattalung and Nicharee Preecha, the owners of the clinic, were arrested for practicing [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/09/17/unlicensed-clinic-owners-arrested-putting-patient-coma

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-09-17

• Like 1

Graduated with a Dr. degree in Kaosan-road fraction, licensed to do business everywhere without borders, because the government agencies are too busy serving their more influential political bosses and their innocent children and reap mutual under the table benefit, prior to overseeing the benefits of its people...

my condolences go to the suffering victim...

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 1

So happy, Thailand is not a nanny -state, where everything is safely regulated!

NOT!

Well on the alcohol sales times, cigarette display and bar close they are strict. They know what is important.....

Go to a mom & pop- shop on any given day...get your beer!

Most bars may close at 2, but I still can name at least 2 (thai) places that are open way longer!

There is only one thing, that is way over-regulated and that is a certain law...and only one certain law!

I was at the Earth clinic an hour before the Dept. of Health and the police took Dr. Ted off to jail. Here is what happened....Dr. Ted is a chemist specializing in curing disease through non-pharmaceutical means. He uses many healing techniques including Ancient Chinese, and Indian Aruthvedic and many other natural herbal remedies. I have watched him cure cancer, and many other life threatening diseases. What happened is a son of a doctor, came to the clinic displaying severe symptoms of something similar to mad cow disease. He was told he needed to get to a hospital immediately. Calls to his parents went unanswered and by the time he got to the hospital, he had worsened. The mother immediately freaked out and blamed Dr. Ted for administering something that caused this reaction when in fact he had not treated him at all. Within 24 hours of his release, the truth came out and the mother dropped the charges. He still faces other charges by the government.

• Like 2

Graduated with a Dr. degree in Kaosan-road fraction, licensed to do business everywhere without borders, because the government agencies are too busy serving their more influential political bosses and their innocent children and reap mutual under the table benefit, prior to overseeing the benefits of its people...

my condolences go to the suffering victim...

Well in the west, the quacks are regulated ... sort of. If you can't control something, create government bureaucracy to lend it legitimacy, create more jobs and label it a trendy alternative therapy.

Instantly dubbed “Ofquack” by its critics, the CNHC has scrupulously avoided discussing whether the treatments it regulates actually work. Instead, says Maggie Dunn, one of the CNHC's two co-chairs, it will concern itself purely with public safety. “If there are quacks out there, all the more reason to regulate them,” she says.

But the biggest worry is that what is supposed to be a simple certificate of safety will be interpreted as an official endorsement of efficacy.

“Nowadays, many call themselves doctors.” This may encourage people to seek ineffective treatments for serious illnesses.

He points to a recent row in which a BBC reporter accused Neal's Yard, a high-street shop, of claiming that its homeopathic remedies could prevent malaria

http://www.economist.com/node/11058571

I was at the Earth clinic an hour before the Dept. of Health and the police took Dr. Ted off to jail. Here is what happened....Dr. Ted is a chemist specializing in curing disease through non-pharmaceutical means. He uses many healing techniques including Ancient Chinese, and Indian Aruthvedic and many other natural herbal remedies. I have watched him cure cancer, and many other life threatening diseases. What happened is a son of a doctor, came to the clinic displaying severe symptoms of something similar to mad cow disease. He was told he needed to get to a hospital immediately. Calls to his parents went unanswered and by the time he got to the hospital, he had worsened. The mother immediately freaked out and blamed Dr. Ted for administering something that caused this reaction when in fact he had not treated him at all. Within 24 hours of his release, the truth came out and the mother dropped the charges. He still faces other charges by the government.

I hope you never get really sick.

Curing cancer and a patient with mad cow/CreutzfeldtJakob Walking in and collapsing and then released from hospital...what's not to believe.

If you want to salvage the guys reputation at least try to make it more believable.

You have not read it very well.

• The patient had symptoms 'resembling mad cow', and not confirmed as mad cow.

• He was told by the Earth Clinic to go to hospital in no uncertain terms.

• He was NOT treated at the clinic in any way.

* His panicking mother misunderstood the clinics roll and pressed charges.

• When the truth came out Ted was released from jail ( not the patient as you imply)

• But this has put him on the authorities radar,

and the regular doctors don't understand what he does,

and so their first thought is ; stop it

and assume it is the same category as unlicensed nose-job clinics etc.

It is not. And this is all very sad to see.

• Are diet and general health maintenance clinics required to be licensed?

* Should the claims of others be used against someone, if they do not advertise the same claims?

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

I have watched him cure cancer, and many other life threatening diseases.

Please tell everyone where you received your medical degree and did your residency. What type of cancer did you witness being cured and what did it look like? How about listing some of the other diseases. These observations must take alot of your time with the patients. People like you keep the witch doctors in business.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I wanted to add that I totally agree that there are many quacks out there and that is a shame however Ted would not fall into that category. The problem has always been the bad ones run it for the good ones, it has been that way for history….If anyone reading this really believes that the Medical (profession) I use that word loosely , and big pharm want to cure cancer you need to search your soul…it would be like the automobile industry making an automobile that never ever has to be replaced. Thank you for letting me spout…...

Edited by viperron