Expats bar

aussiesteve63

I live in kantharawichai and there is a great thai restaurant here but I need a little more

Than that.a little farung company would be a change

your better off staying away from farangs and stick with the Thais.. most farangs who sit in bars are whinging , backstabbing nothing to do losers.. Goodluck

Thank you for my morning laugh!

• Like 1

I live in kantharawichai and there is a great thai restaurant here but I need a little more

your better off staying away from farangs and stick with the Thais.. most farangs who sit in bars are whinging , backstabbing nothing to do losers.. Goodluck

Also prefer the usual Thai talk instead of gossiping about other foreigners. Most be a disease here, people get stamped into their passports when they arrive.-wai2.gif

No, not as such. There are however two big discos, and some middle class bars/restaurants. There is no expat scene as such.

It's many a university and college town/city. Check out the bars along the canal (come out of the bus station and turn left).

No, not as such. There are however two big discos, and some middle class bars/restaurants. There is no expat scene as such.

It's many a university and college town/city. Check out the bars along the canal (come out of the bus station and turn left).

Not mentioning the pretty girls there.-coffee1.gif

I hope your avatar isn't a passport photo of yours......[-biggrin.png

Noooooooooooooo, it's his Mrs...............................laugh.png

• Like 1

I was at a TV get together at M n M, or N and N, or whatever the small franchise of buffet places are called maybe 3-4 years ago. We then went to a cocktail place by the uni and got utterly smashed.

Not a lot of expats there really.

A few of each of the following:

Teachers. Spread out around the city. MSU is probably 10-15km outside the city iirc. So a lot stay out there rather than commute in to where there is no expat bar anyway.

Retirees around the town and villages. Stay at home.

Seasonal guys. Come in for a month or two a year. Build a place. Then usually don't come back for one reason or another. :whistling:

For anyone thinking of moving there because the wife is from there and she told you to. Don't. Move there and rent for 5 years first. ;)

All the best.

• Like 2

Ive been coming to issan for 4 years,known my wife for 5 and been married 2 and a half years,built a house

and i couldnt be happier.My job is in mine constuction in the pilbara region of western australia so i am

used to the isolation,my work roster was 4 weeks on 2 off and now i find myself between jobs and have been

at home for 6 weeks now.have been to one of the disco places you talked about and its called amazon but

after some young bloke started massaging my neck while i was at the urinal i wont be going back there in any hurry.

your right that mahasarakham is a university town and most of the bars and restaurants reflect this in the age group

that attend.Issan is not for every one but i wouldnt change where i live for the world.

• Like 1

Amazon is more of a food, drink, live music hall. Similar to Tawang Daeng which is on the other side of the town, along the road with the 300b brothels karaokes.

There are two main discos in the town, which are nightclub like, not food, drink, music halls. One right along the moat by the bus station. One inside an open bar/shop complex further down along the moat.

Ive been coming to issan for 4 years,known my wife for 5 and been married 2 and a half years,built a house

and i couldnt be happier.My job is in mine constuction in the pilbara region of western australia so i am

used to the isolation,my work roster was 4 weeks on 2 off and now i find myself between jobs and have been

at home for 6 weeks now.have been to one of the disco places you talked about and its called amazon but

after some young bloke started massaging my neck while i was at the urinal i wont be going back there in any hurry.

your right that mahasarakham is a university town and most of the bars and restaurants reflect this in the age group

that attend.Issan is not for every one but i wouldnt change where i live for the world.

I think you'll find the massage is just part of the culture here. I've only had it once in Khon Kaen but I didn't find it a problem apart from trying to keep my aim.

I'm in the UK at the moment but I'll be back at the end of the year and I'm happy being nearly the only falang. I do like a drink but it isn't that important but it is nice to have some English conversation sometimes as my Thai isn't that good yet. I did have a couple of English friends and their girlfriends who we used to meet up with but one couple split up so it's all got a bit complicated now.

I'm on the Roi Et side of Mahasarakham.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1

As others have said, I don't think there is an expat bar in Maha Sarakham. The nearest I've come across is the Living Room restaurant beside Taksila Apartments (close to Big C), where you can just have a drink if that is all you want. I've always preferred the Thai bars myself, but the small karaoke bars and cafes that I liked a few years back all seem to have closed now. If I want a night out with a few attractive singers in view, I usually go to Kalasin (the cluster of suan ahaan near King Karaoke). If anybody has any tips about anything similar in Sarakham I would be interested to hear. The Pantip area was okay a few years ago but was dead last time I went there. I am only in the area a couple of months per year.

• 3 months later...

This is what they are doing i Pattaya. They are bored and have nothing to do except to sit and drink all day long.

Edited by Norlund