Tabien Baan: Yellow Book - Got It -

After a couple of weeks and a few forms filled-up, I finally have my name on the Tabien Baan (yellow).

Documents requested:

• Copy of Tabien Baan (Blue book)
  • Copy of ID card of the wife
  • Copy of marriage certificate with the wife
  • Certified translated copy of my passport (translation certified by my Embassy and the MFA)
  • 3 other forms provided (TR 25, 2x PD 14)

Had an initial phone call to ask what was the documentation required. We then had one interview with an officer, where many questions were asked (they can write my bio now).

After the interview they prepared 3 forms (TR35 and 2x PD 14), and got us to sign it a week later. I had to put my fingerprint on those forms.

Another week later and had a short meeting with the tesaban's deputy, to check on a few things, and we were good to go.

At first, it looked like they wanted to make it difficult to get it, but we realised they just wanted to really make sure, I'm here for the long run. They initially requested a proof that I was working here (a WP), which I could not show at the moment, as I'm in between jobs and doing freelance consulting outside Thailand. After some explanation, it was no longer an issue.

Officers at Tesaban have been helpful and at no time there was any request/offer/hint for "a paid express service" to get things moving.

Next application will be for me to be able to be on the Blue Book directly ... might take a bit longer.

Edited by singa-traz
  • Like 1

No witnesses that know you had been requested? At my district office (Yannawa, BKK) they asked for two.. Haven't been there to finish the application yet but got my passport translation done..

No request for witnesses. My wife and her family is from this district, so this is maybe the reason.

I went with my wife, her mum and the lovely lady I am renting from and the head of the tambon. We all gave copies of what was needed and after 5 days I recieved my yellow book. It is not easy if you do not have very nice people to help you, lucky I was.

• Like 1

It is not possible to state what is required to get a yellow house book. It varies a great deal from location to location. You just have to go and ask what is needed.

You can go through the dozens of topics about it and see how much it varies.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

Exactly as ubonjoe says... TiT and YMMV or YMWV...

I'm in the yellow book at my townhouse in Chom Thong District, BKK... Wife (blue book holder) plus 2 witnesses (mother-in-law and wife's sister-in-law) were required along with the paperwork, no thumb print though.

Wife was a bit upset at having to be removed from her other blue book in Sathorn district (as a side note, one of the nicest District Offices we've dealt with!) and "moving" over the Chao Praya :P

"Next application will be for me to be able to be on the Blue Book directly"

How, and why?

with all due respects what is the use of a yellow tambien baan. Anyone can get one. I have been here 15 years on a retirement visa and never needed any such document for anything.

How, and why?

with all due respects what is the use of a yellow tambien baan. Anyone can get one. I have been here 15 years on a retirement visa and never needed any such document for anything.

I had to get twice a certificate of residence (can't remember for which application), and this could have been used instead of having to do a trip to my Embassy.

A yellow book is listed as one of the first requirements to apply for Thai citizenship, which is the main reason I applied for it.

I got yellow book in 30 minutes , no certified copy of passport, not 2 weeks 30 minutes .Some amphurs just like to make a big display about yellow book !!WHY!!???? I was asked for wifes tabien bahn , her id card, my passport, marraige certificate, easy very easy.

It is not possible to state what is required to get a yellow house book. It varies a great deal from location to location. You just have to go and ask what is needed. You can go through the dozens of topics about it and see how much it varies.

Not every Amphur does it the same way, but normally you will need two Thai citizens class one government workers ( Police, Teachers etc.) to make copies of their I.D. Cards, write a letter explaining how long they know you and that you are an upstanding citizen, and copies of your documents Passport etc. and what really helps if you do any kind of volunteer work that helps Thai people. Although it's really not necessary to get a yellow Tambien Ban, as all it does is verify your residence, which you can do through Immigration.

Barry

It is not possible to state what is required to get a yellow house book. It varies a great deal from location to location. You just have to go and ask what is needed. You can go through the dozens of topics about it and see how much it varies.

Not every Amphur does it the same way, but normally you will need two Thai citizens class one government workers ( Police, Teachers etc.) to make copies of their I.D. Cards, write a letter explaining how long they know you and that you are an upstanding citizen, and copies of your documents Passport etc. and what really helps if you do any kind of volunteer work that helps Thai people. Although it's really not necessary to get a yellow Tambien Ban, as all it does is verify your residence, which you can do through Immigration.

Barry

I think your post only stresses the post from Ubonjoe you quote.

Everybody has his own experience with his own amphur, there is no general rule of what is required.

How, and why?

I had to get twice a certificate of residence (can't remember for which application), and this could have been used instead of having to do a trip to my Embassy.

A yellow book is listed as one of the first requirements to apply for Thai citizenship, which is the main reason I applied for it.

I presume you can speak, read and write Thai pretty well because that is a requirement for Thai Citizenship as well as many other things.? Also you had to be a permanent resident for 10 years. The latter was a requirement some time back but things may have changed.

... removed ...

I presume you can speak, read and write Thai pretty well because that is a requirement for Thai Citizenship as well as many other things.? Also you had to be a permanent resident for 10 years. The latter was a requirement some time back but things may have changed.

I think/hope I won't be rejected with the language capability. I went to meet the officer at the Royal Thai Police, and collected the requirements. I can read the documents ... slowly, but can read them. Yep, they did mentioned that I should be able to understand Thai :-)

Anyway, the language requirements can only motivate me to make more use of the Thai langague on a daily basis.

My wife is Thai, so I can apply directly without being PR first.

The requirements that I don't really fulfill 100% is 3 consecutives years on a WP, as I keep switching from full time employee (in Thailand), to freelance work outside Thailand. I should be OK with the Tax.

Once, I have all documentation ready, will go back at the Royal Thai Police and see what they think about my application.

Barry

I think your post only stresses the post from Ubonjoe you quote.

Everybody has his own experience with his own amphur, there is no general rule of what is required.

Yep, I got mine a few weeks ago, I went one day and asked them what they wanted from me.

I went back the next day with Residency Letter from Immigration (which included copies of all relevant Passport pages) copies of my landlady's ID and Tabien Ban and my landlady.

In and out in an hour, it would have been much less if I had had something with my English name written in Thai script, took the poor girl an absolute age to do that (my family name ends in ough, it's a curse)

How, and why?

it is not a requirment to speak or read thai for citizenship but would help

I got it 6-7 year ago without asking,get a phone from the local amphoe in Surin and they told me(my wifes uncle)to bring the villagechief and the needed documents with me,and my wife too of course.This was as a thanks for helping a local school i heard,so the governour in Surin had said yes when the amphoe recomanded this.When i stayed in a hotel in BKK i told them i had a yellow housebook,and they told me after they never had seen a book like this before.

Unless you are seeking permanent residency what is thepoint of the yellow book?

I have had one for some time now. I have used it on a number of occasions, to confirm identity. I recently had a 'flu jab at the local clinic. The number in the yellow book was used to authenticate a flu' jab that was offered to all elderly people in the Tambon. I understand that the number is also registered at the local hospital and so far, I have had free medical care. A stay in hospital 2 years ago for bronchitis, I paid extra for the private room, but that was all.

So, in my view, a yellow book is useful; but as others have said - depends on the friendliness of the Amphur. I have a friendly Amphur in Phrao, north of Chiang Mai. My teaching as a volunteer at the local school for 5 years is well known and is one of the best things I did to underline my acceptance in the community. I understand that the civil service head of the Amphur has stated that he'd like more Farangs living in the Amphur, so some of the problems met in other areas are smoothed out here.

I didn't even need my marriage certificate.I think each chunwat make's their own set of rules,within certain guidelines if that makes sense.I have been told a farang can have a blue book if their house is in a company,mine is on a 30 year lease.

You can have a blue book but your farang name cannot be in it. Only Thai's can have their name in the Blue Book. I also have a Blue Book for my condo in my name, and I still cannot have my name in the Blue Book. And yes, I also have a house in a company name but once again my name cannot be in the book, only the house address

Blue Book for Thais, Yellow Book for farangs. Any farang who claims that they have their name in a Blue Book, just means someone made a mistake..... like those who claim that being in a Yellow Book entitles them to medical care at a Thai public hospital.... another mistake made by a local amphur who doesn't know the law

I got my yellow book a few months back . Just needed a few documents and two people form the government to come with me . Took two weeks to get . No real use for it other than no need now to get a residence letter can use yellow book . At one point a few years ago if you were on the yellow book you could get on the 30 baht plan if you were also married to a Thai and here on a marrage extention . They have stopped this now ....

I didn't even need my marriage certificate.I think each chunwat make's their own set of rules,within certain guidelines if that makes sense.I have been told a farang can have a blue book if their house is in a company,mine is on a 30 year lease.

You can have a blue book but your farang name cannot be in it. Only Thai's can have their name in the Blue Book. I also have a Blue Book for my condo in my name, and I still cannot have my name in the Blue Book. And yes, I also have a house in a company name but once again my name cannot be in the book, only the house address

Blue Book for Thais, Yellow Book for farangs. Any farang who claims that they have their name in a Blue Book, just means someone made a mistake..... like those who claim that being in a Yellow Book entitles them to medical care at a Thai public hospital.... another mistake made by a local amphur who doesn't know the law

Do I detect a note of jealousy in that last statement? TV is full of moans about how Thai bureaucracy changes rules to suit themselves. So, here is a situation, (personal experience buddy, not conjecture) - that helps a few farangs. Not getting 'your fair share?. How very Thai.....

• Like 1