Tabien Baan: Yellow Book - Got It -

"Next application will be for me to be able to be on the Blue Book directly"

How, and why?

As a resident in the house and as inheritor - yes, ZThailand loves duplication.

As an American, I don't understand the need for registration books - such documents do not exist in the USA.

dighambara, on 21 Sept 2013 - 08:12, said:
mahjongguy, on 18 Sept 2013 - 13:56, said:

"Next application will be for me to be able to be on the Blue Book directly"

How, and why?

As a resident in the house and as inheritor - yes, ZThailand loves duplication.

As an American, I don't understand the need for registration books - such documents do not exist in the USA.

My guess is that they copied the system used by the Chinese government known as hukou.. It's a way to control people's movements among provinces and limit migration..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hukou_system

I didn't even need my marriage certificate.I think each chunwat make's their own set of rules,within certain guidelines if that makes sense.I have been told a farang can have a blue book if their house is in a company,mine is on a 30 year lease.

You can have a blue book but your farang name cannot be in it. Only Thai's can have their name in the Blue Book. I also have a Blue Book for my condo in my name, and I still cannot have my name in the Blue Book. And yes, I also have a house in a company name but once again my name cannot be in the book, only the house address

Blue Book for Thais, Yellow Book for farangs. Any farang who claims that they have their name in a Blue Book, just means someone made a mistake..... like those who claim that being in a Yellow Book entitles them to medical care at a Thai public hospital.... another mistake made by a local amphur who doesn't know the law

Have yellow book and yes i do get free medical care at a thai public hospital ( mistake or not the local amphur has had plenty of time to fix ) the 30 baht card which was issued to me was not from the local amphur but from the head doctor for the district (so he has made a mistake according to you ) well the hospital is still honoring it and i get free medical care. People who have PR or citzenship can be in a blue book so the statment blue book for thai yellow book farangs is incorrect

Edited by MikeandDow

I didn't even need my marriage certificate.I think each chunwat make's their own set of rules,within certain guidelines if that makes sense.I have been told a farang can have a blue book if their house is in a company,mine is on a 30 year lease.

You can have a blue book but your farang name cannot be in it. Only Thai's can have their name in the Blue Book. I also have a Blue Book for my condo in my name, and I still cannot have my name in the Blue Book. And yes, I also have a house in a company name but once again my name cannot be in the book, only the house address

Blue Book for Thais, Yellow Book for farangs. Any farang who claims that they have their name in a Blue Book, just means someone made a mistake..... like those who claim that being in a Yellow Book entitles them to medical care at a Thai public hospital.... another mistake made by a local amphur who doesn't know the law

Have yellow book and yes i do get free medical care at a thai public hospital ( mistake or not the local amphur has had plenty of time to fix ) the 30 baht card which was issued to me was not from the local amphur but from the head doctor for the district (so he has made a mistake according to you ) well the hospital is still honoring it and i get free medical care. People who have PR or citzenship can be in a blue book so the statment blue book for thai yellow book farangs is incorrect

If one reads the Thai version of the DOPA manual for District Office procedures as well as the Social Welfare law it is clear non Thai citizens are not to be issued a "Gold Card" (Hospital 30 baht registration.) 30 baht registeration or Gold card are properly issued by the Social Welfare Office at the District Office, not by some hospital or doctor. If one has a Gold Card, all the well for you, but do not expect that this correct under the law. The TR 13 Yellow Tabien Baan only registers a non-Thai citizen as living at an address. A non-Thai with PR can be listed in a TR 14 Blue Tabien Baan. Many on TV have reported that they are in a TR 14 but do not have PR or Thai Citizenship, this is due to the fact that they are listed as a parent of someone that is registered in the TR 14 and does not mean they are registered as living at the TR 14 address. My parents are listed in my TR 13 and they have been dead for 40 years (but are listed as my parents.)

Why in the world would anyone think that my statement about mistakes in granting access to the Thai medical system as jealousy. My sympathies go out to those that must deal with Thai medicine at government facilities, certainly not jealousy

Just remember, like most things in life, you get what you pay for, especially here in Thailand.

Those of us who live in Pattaya know that if you go to Bamlamung hospital they will ship you off to Chonburi because it has a larger mortuary

Have Blue Tambien Baan which is in the name of my Thai company but I cannot have my own added to it. Have lived in the house for six years and have annual balance sheets for the company house registered each year at companies house

Anyone know how to get around this so that my name is in the Tabien Baan?

A non-Thai with PR can be listed in a TR 14 Blue Tabien Baan. Many on TV have reported that they are in a TR 14 but do not have PR or Thai Citizenship, this is due to the fact that they are listed as a parent of someone that is registered in the TR 14 and does not mean they are registered as living at the TR 14 address

i am listed on the back page of the Taam bien baan of the adress of the house that i built ( i know i dont own the land) and have been since the taam bien baan was first granted.

NO ONE is listed in the front section of the taam bien baan

My half thai/half american daughter lives with me,( no wife) but is listed on her aunts house book. The owner of the land is a friend of mine an is not listed on the house book

I use a copy showing my name on the back of the book when ever i need to show my legal address in Thailand ( getting my drivers license. buying a car/motorcyle)

The blue book for our house has my name (in transliterated Thai) on the title page, listed below that of the owner, as I have a 30-year lease. I use a copy of that page as my proof as address for Thai Immigration, even though it does nor prove my address at all. Land Transport knows better and will not accept it for a driver's license.

The lease entitles me to a yellow book, so I inquired at Pattaya City Hall and they gave me a list of requirements which included a certified translation of my passport. So far I haven't bothered to pursue it further. Yes, it would be nice but for me not worth much effort.