Samui Immigration Upgrade.

Rooo

Well progress indeed. Small wonders never cease.

Have they finally fathomed out that if they stop treating people like animals (leaving the whole proceedings as a total free for all) they will probably be offered more of the respect they so desperately crave!! Perhaps they could also consider providing adequate seating so that the elderly have somewhere to sit during their, quite possibly, lengthy wait?

I just recently got my extension and paid 1900B to Mr. Knobhead who after two hours simply gave me a dirty look and slung the passport over to me. The German next to me was charged 5000B. I still know several people who are charged this price while others aren't, which puzzles me. Hopefully, this new equipment will standardiz(s)e things and we will all be treated fairly.

Just because they have a ticket dispensing machine doesn't mean they will use it. The one in Chiang Mai get use for about 1 hour in the morning after which it's turned off and placed in the corner to gather dust.

A new office in Maenam? Hopefully there'll be one on KPG soon.

Somehow I doubt it.

The service could certainly benefit from some sort of queue system as it has turned into a free for all over the last couple of years. Other than that it seems to work fairly well for the end user such as myself. TM 7, passport, one photo and 1900 Baht +20 Baht for them to photocopy what they want.

Never had any problems myself, I make sure I have complete paperwork & 1900 baht when I pay them a visit.

I always have a spare TM 7 which I fill in the previous evening and get there at 8 or so. Problem now is that they put the forms outside before they open which gives people time to fill them in incorrectly and that causes a delay from the get go.

Having to visit Samui is a bit of a pain.

Best part of a day I imagine?

Never had any problems myself, I make sure I have complete paperwork & 1900 baht when I pay them a visit.

I always have a spare TM 7 which I fill in the previous evening and get there at 8 or so. Problem now is that they put the forms outside before they open which gives people time to fill them in incorrectly and that causes a delay from the get go.

I have a filled-in TM 7 on my laptop, I just print it out & date & sign & add my photos before going. Have never had to wait more than an hour or two, knocking on wood.

Best part of a day I imagine?

Up early (6 - 6.30 am to catch the 7am Nathon ferry) to be there when they open; if lucky, back home at around 1pm with a sleepy wait in Nathon. Been lucky so far... I do try to choose quiet days though, I really don't like crowds. I would appreciate a well-implemented queueing system - I seem to always lose out in the lottery of whoever gets theirs back first - but I'm not holding my breath. The current randomness is probably better than a poorly implemented queue.

Edited by AngThong
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifsam.jpg

In Mae Nam I hear.

So pray tell..... NMSTD, where did this picture come from?

I have not seen that sign anywhere along the Maenam Strip.... ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Sure would be convenient to have in Maenam..... thumbsup.gif

PoorSucker,... all you need to do is drive to Lamai and then the Soi one route to Maenam .... then you'll beat that Chawang traffic! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

So pray tell..... NMSTD, where did this picture come from?

I have not seen that sign anywhere along the Maenam Strip....

It was on a friend's FB page and was almost certainly a share since the only pictures she uploads are either of herself, her kids or what she is about to eat.

Just checked back and it came from a FB Samui community help group. No other info than Soi 1 and in a residential area. I've joined the group and asked if anyone knows where the sign is located for you Jim.

I saw a proposal (hard copy) for the new immigration office last year. It that had been created by someone high up in immigration.

The idea was to get it funded by foreigners on Samui. The guy was going around looking for investors 'to try and improve Samui's image'.

I cannot remember the name/position as I wasn't interested.

100 meters into Soi 1 Mae Nam. That's road signed for Mae Nam Quad Bikes and Kirikayan Hotel

We'll haf to get Rob S on this .... that's his neck of the jungle! ..... perhaps this is why they are fixing the road and culverts along Soi One? wink.png

Driving Soi One the other day I did not see the sign....though! facepalm.gif..... too intent on picking up some imported goods! .... Thanks for that! thumbsup.giftongue.png

Edited by samuijimmy

I saw a proposal (hard copy) for the new immigration office last year. It that had been created by someone high up in immigration.

The idea was to get it funded by foreigners on Samui. The guy was going around looking for investors 'to try and improve Samui's image'.

Funded by foreigners? That means we own 49%? I suppose with birdman at the helm as CEO we should expect a good dividend after the mandatory expenses .

• Like 2

Funded by foreigners? That means we own 49%? I suppose with birdman at the helm as CEO we should expect a good dividend after the mandatory expenses .

XXXXX me, i'd have shares in that!!!!

Edited by Rooo
  • Like 1