getting Thai Tourist visa while in Taiwan

I need to be in Taiwan at about the same time my current Thai Tourist Visa expires.

So I (US citizen) will apply for a new Thai Tourist Visa while I'm in Taiwan. Anyone with experience they could share? Every Thai Consulate (in this case 'trade office') I've been to seems to follow a different set of rules . . .

The two Visa requirements that worry me are:

1) proof of paid flight out of Thailand

If I plan to travel by land out of Thailand, going to Laos, do you think they'll hassle me for a ticket? My last visa was obtained at the DC consulate, and they made me print out an *unpurchased* flight plan I found online as proof of leaving the country. (odd, I know) Twice before the DC consulate made me write a signed essay on why I don't have a flight. The consulate in Laos doesn't ask for any flight info at all.

2) Visa expiration of no less than 6 months

My Visa would expire in 7 months. Would they hassle me?

the best info I can find on it:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/4298-travelguy/

My other option is to just fly into Thailand and get a 30 day stamp, but without a flight leaving Thailand. Anyone think they'll let me board the plane?

2. Do you mean passport? Probably OK but it is time for a new one.

Not enough reports for Taipei to give an answer about ticket for visa

Without a ticket out of the country the airline can stop you from boarding.

Air Asia has cheap flights to nearby countries. That would be a onward ticket for both questions.

Edited by ubonjoe

US Embassy in Bangkok. The website says it takes only two weeks after applying in person. Appointments made online, very easy.

I'll try applying for the Visa in Taiwan without a flight ticket out of Thailand. If anyone wants to know how it went, ask me again in late November.

Worst case, I have one more reason/excuse to visit some ladies in Singapore in January. whistling.gif

Yes, the Trade Office will insist on a ticket out of Thailand. If you plan to stay for 90 days based on your TR, you should just indicate 60 days, and likewise, your departing flight from Thailand should be within the 60-day period. If you're not on budget airlines, you can change your flight without incurring additional costs.

If your electronic air ticket is printed out from the airline website, make sure you include proof of payment. If issued by your agent, make sure you bring your invoice/receipt along. They're very strict on the authenticity of your outbound ticket.

Edited by thairookie

Yes, the Trade Office will insist on a ticket out of Thailand. If you plan to stay for 90 days based on your TR, you should just indicate 60 days, and likewise, your departing flight from Thailand should be within the 60-day period. If you're not on budget airlines, you can change your flight without incurring additional costs.

If your electronic air ticket is printed out from the airline website, make sure you include proof of payment. If issued by your agent, make sure you bring your invoice/receipt along. They're very strict on the authenticity of your outbound ticket.

So, what about NON-ED? Do they want ticket? This is long stay visa... or they not ask ticket from Thailand...

So, what about NON-ED? Do they want ticket? This is long stay visa... or they not ask ticket from Thailand...

I don't have have any experience of ED, so I can't comment on this.

Sigh . . . not the answer I wanted to hear . . .

What do they accept as proof of payment for a flight, if not the full air ticket printed out from the website?

Sigh . . . not the answer I wanted to hear . . .

What do they accept as proof of payment for a flight, if not the full air ticket printed out from the website?

Different airlines have different formats. So a simple itinerary listing your departure and arrival schedules may not be good enough. A section of the itinerary showing the amount charged and paid is sufficient proof.

In the past when electronic tickets were not as common, they couldn't even tell an electronic air ticket from an itinerary printout. You have to understand that the folks in the Trade Office are Chinese, and do not expect them to understand every word printed in the air ticket.

I have a suggestion. You can book one-way AirAsia ticket from Taipei to KL. It should cost you no more than 1000 baht.