I got my non immigrant B visa with multi entry

Hello,

I need help to understand what I got. I used a visa company and they managed to give me a non immigrant visa category B with multi entry.

I have no WP, no ED, nothing.

Is it right? Or can the immigration police at the airport ask me what I do in Thailand?

I am not working in Thailand. But I read somewhere that also when you take diving lessons you can get a non imm B visa, is that true?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Diving lessons will not get you a non-B visa.

Non-B visa is for business or for work.

Where is the B-visa issued?

Multiple entry non-B visas are impossible to get in the region without work permit if you are not resident in that country.

Right now there are hundreds of stolen visa sticker on the black market from recent thefts.

If you got your non-B without leaving the country you could be in serious problems.

Worst case scenario is arrest , jail time and deportation.

Hi

I did not leave the country. The well known visa company did all the paperwork but I don't know what they did exactly. I have a NON IMMIGRANT VISA issued by IMMIGRATION BUREAU and it is a category B. That is all I know. I am sure it is legit.

They gave me the 3 months first and then the extensions to one year.

I just want to know what can I say to officers in case they ask me. Am I setting up a business? But I don't have yet a WP.

Thanks for help.

That would be an extension stay for one year not a visa. An extension is not issued as a B, O, and etc. They are granted. based upon a reason for issue. Such as working, investment and etc.

You would need a re-entry permit if you want to travel.

Can you do a scan or take picture of it and post it.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

That would be an extension stay for one year not a visa. An extension is not issued as a B, O, and etc. They are granted. based upon a reason for issue. Such as working, investment and etc.You would need a re-entry permit if you want to travel.Can you do a scan or take picture of it and post it.

Yes, you are right. The non imm B was issued for 3 months, then they gave me an extension of stay for one year and a re entry permit. So probably they have done the extension of stay for education purposes.

That would be an extension stay for one year not a visa. An extension is not issued as a B, O, and etc. They are granted. based upon a reason for issue. Such as working, investment and etc.You would need a re-entry permit if you want to travel.Can you do a scan or take picture of it and post it.

Yes, you are right. The non imm B was issued for 3 months, then they gave me an extension of stay for one year and a re entry permit. So probably they have done the extension of stay for education purposes.

That don't put a type on visas they issue it is just a non immigrant visa.

Are you going to school?

Are you going to school?

Maybe...

Are you going to school?

Maybe...

The answer should have been "YES" "I am going to school" or "NO" "I am not going to school".

As Maestro suggests the whole issue is somewhat confusing.

whistling.gif

As someone else mentioned on this topic several hundred authentic looking visa stickers have been stolen and some people have already been caught with the stolen visa numbers in their passports.

Generally they are being treated as unwitting victims that paid agents for "visas" that were stolen and not as guilty of visa fraud.

To make it clear VISAS are not given in Thailand, they are given in Thai consulates OUTSIDE of Thailand.

EXTENSIONS can be given at local immigrations offices in Thailand.

Most of the stolen visa stamps were from Malaysia or Laos.

The stolen visa numbers are known to Thai immigration authorities.

I would be VERY suspicious of any Non O visa that was given to you as a ED visa or a B visa without you having proper documentation behind it.

An Non O visa can be EXTENDED in country at the local Thai immigration based on you taking a EDucation course in Thailand.

A Non O can be extended in country for Business purposes .... usually that is for employment in Thailand.

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I have no sticker and it is a stamp.

First they have converted my tourist visa into a 3 months non imm B (it is not mandatory to leave the country as someone said before), then they gave me an extension of stay for ED and a re entry permit. That's it. Thanks for help, now I get it.

I've gotten 8 multiple-entry non-immigrant B visas over the years. Most recently was last month in Los Angeles at the Thai Consulate. I had my WP, and all the co. docs (financial statements, list of shareholders, map of registered office, invitation letter from co., etc.). Previously I obtained the same B visa in Hong Kong at the Thai consulate for many years and once in Jakarta at the Thai Consulate. They always wanted to see the WP and have a copy of it. My visas were always in the form of a sticker in my US PP.

So how the OP got what he has under his circumstances is "interesting"...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled on this topic and have some experience with this type of visa. The OP's visa is legit, although it's hasn't been obtained the proper way... It's applied for under a Thai company, which has probably been closed by now and it's a teacher's visa basically.

They pay off some clerks at an immigration office in the province to get it all sorted.

90 day reporting just skip it, as you will need to go to whatever province it came from and it might just cause you trouble if you don't see the correct officer. Just take out the reporting paper slip and throw it away.

Other than that, nobody bats an eye at any immigration point.