stand-up punching bag

DeanWeen

Anyone know a place in either Pattaya or Bangkok that has these -- preferably something like a Wavemaster XXL? It looks like this:

http://www.target.com/p/century-black-wavemaster-xxl/-/A-543592?ref=tgt_adv_XSP10001&AFID=pricegrabber_df&LNM=|543592&CPNG=Sports&ci_src=5784816&ci_sku=543592

Would be great if they delivered.

Another alternative would be a good online shop with international shipping. Most of the ones I've seen are US-based and don't ship things like this to Thailand.

Cross-posted on the Pattaya forum.

Thanks....

I've never used one of these before. Do they actually work? It seems like they would just fall over. Can you kick them?

You're supposed to be able to kick them, yes, at least the full-size ones. There are others that are smaller and have less surface space, so they're best mainly for punching and maybe medium to high kicks. The filled weight for many of the units is something like 150kg, so I think they'd be pretty hard to knock over.

The main issue for me is the resistance. I want the resistance to mimic a hanging heavy bag as much as possible. Some of the standing bags I've encountered feel light when you hit them and move quite a bit. I suppose that would be good if you want to hit a moving object and improve hand-eye coordination, but I'd prefer something a bit firmer.