Hand Rolling Baccy in Phuket

steveb47

Thanks Shot yes the thread is about hand rolling tobacco but mainly about GV ( a UK brand ). I will try the mini mart but I'm not keen on the Thai Black Cat stuff. Whereabouts on the beach road in Kamala?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Coming from Patong, take a left at the second light. Follow that until just before the beach. There will be a school on your left, and the 666 Mini Mart on your right. They share a shop house with Twin Guest House.

• Like 1

Coming from Patong, take a left at the second light. Follow that until just before the beach. There will be a school on your left, and the 666 Mini Mart on your right. They share a shop house with Twin Guest House.

Just for clarification - I assume the poster is talking about the second light on the Kamala main road.

• Like 1

Just for clarification - I assume the poster is talking about the second light on the Kamala main road.

Correct, the 2nd light in Kamala on the main road.

• Like 1

Thanks again - very clear directions - thank you !!!

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/phuket/kamala_beach/all/2742

Here is a photo of the Twin Guest House and the mini mart -

But I still can't find this shop !!!

Twice rode past the right part of the Soi but no shop/guest house looks anything like the photo grrrrr !!!!

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/phuket/kamala_beach/all/2742

Twice rode past the right part of the Soi but no shop/guest house looks anything like the photo grrrrr !!!!

That's the place. The picture is a bit old though. No longer an exchange and they added a floor to the building. The mini mart now has a tour booth in front.

If you ask and get a crazy look (entirely possible), they definitely have it, I looked again today. Go to the back of the store. Its on an end shelf opposite the cold drinks, bottom shelf. They had about 6-8 bags left as of 3ish today.

• Like 1

Thx for your help but I <removed> give up - I just can't find the bloody place - went into one very small shop that sells mainly liquor but has imported tailor mades mainly Marlboro but no hand rolling baccy.
Oh well

That's the place. The picture is a bit old though. No longer an exchange and they added a floor to the building. The mini mart now has a tour booth in front.

OK now found it thanks. It helped when I looked in the right part of Rim Hat Road haha.

It may help others to locate it if they come into the beach road from the opposite direction. Travelling from Patong turn left at the White Orchid sign then right at the 7/11 on the corner. You are now on the beach road and the school is on the right. As soon as you reach the shops the minimart is one of the first shops on the left.

I found GV today in the Mom and Pop shop next to Chez Ratoutoille on the main road opposite Tesco Lotus Express

• 10 years later...
Posted (edited)

In Rawai they sell handrolled tobacco / shag at A&A Retail - Import.

Drum & Virginia.

They also have delivery in the Rawai area:

Edited by cdnvic
Removed commercial link