May I get in trouble?

zriifamily

I am a 70 years old retired American living in Thailand for more than 5 years and married with a Thai 45 years old lady for the last 3 years. She is a business and property owner with a decent income, I am retired with a medium US retirement income. I dated a lot here before this marriage and was not surprising to me that my future wife was asking me if I will buy a house here, a car, etc, etc, etc...and I responded that I may do it someday. I moved to her house after the civil marriage, not party, not temple events. I changed my visa to marriage visa.

She is not only an independent family woman, and younger than me. She is 5'10" tall, stunning beautiful, and looks a lot younger than her age. I am not bad looking, but 70, and not wealthy at all. I married her just after 3 months dating.

After 2 years into the marriage, was clear for her that I do not have the money to buy a new house or a new car for her, even to keep her life style, and that she will not get any money from my retirement, even after my death. She was frustrated and upset and we started having problems.

About 6 months ago she told me that she was having an affair with a Thai rich man. I move out her house 2 months ago, but keeping her address for official use and immigration, and we have a shared savings bank account with small money in.

Soon later, she asked me for divorce, telling me that her lover wants to married her, and I asked her that will be any problem, but I will like to meet her lover before.

I met her lover 2 weeks ago. A cultured, English speaker, wealthy and younger Thai gentleman. I told him that I will give the divorce to my wife, but to do that I wants to receive 1.000.000 THB to pay some of my spending with her, and resolve my new immigration status.

He recused, but later offers me 200,000 THB. I didn't accepted the offer, and he said that he will report me to the police and immigration.

Any advise?

1 troll post removed.

In the end you will have problems with immigration, as you are not living with your wife. Her cooperation is required for the extension of stay. You have ultimately till then to resolve your stay and change to being based on retirement.

You asked 1,000,000 and he offers 200,000 -- so the solution is somewhere in between.

Get a negotiator to work on commission for you.

The HiSo guy will not want to lose face -- so make sure your negotiator can convey your understanding of this situation. It is unusual for a wealthy Thai guy to take on a girl who has been with a farang, so he is in uncharted waters,,,,,,

Meantime - sort out your immigration status quickly - go to your local immigration office and ask the how they advise you to get a retirement extension now -- immediately, if not sooner!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you serious my man? You get married to a stunning lady. You are to die in about 10-18 years ... 90% sure. ..... Change your visa to retired since it appear/seams you have the means. If no money then for sure get her money into a bank. Your other income should cover you and go get a younger girl like one other OP was talking about... She as 16 and he 73!