Strange Phuket incident as Nigerian is thumped and robbed

webfact

The guy is from Nigeria and is a victim of a road rage incident. So everyone assumes he is not the victim but in fact in someway in the wrong. Perhaps because he disappeared this arouses suspicions

The word everyone is looking for isnt racism it is xenaphobia. Xenaphobia is more based on where people come from and not the color of their skin. My TGF hates Burmese and Indians. This is not abnormal for Thais. I know its generalizing but I think its more human nature. I feel that I became more xenaphobic after I moved to Thailand.

• Like 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is from Nigeria and is a victim of a road rage incident.

Where did you learn it was roadrage? I'm willing to bet there was something else at play here.

Yes you are correct. I was just sort of generalizing on the situation. I have since re read a lot of the posts and I have changed my opinion

My conclusion is this. And yes it is based on the nationality of the victim and perps.

The Nigerian is staying in Phuket for a few months. He rents a bike. He defaults on the payments. The Russian owners come looking for him. They find him and thump him. He dissappears because he is at fault. The bike is being rented out as we speak

Where did you learn it was roadrage? I'm willing to bet there was something else at play here.

Yes you are correct. I was just sort of generalizing on the situation. I have since re read a lot of the posts and I have changed my opinion

My conclusion is this. And yes it is based on the nationality of the victim and perps.

The Nigerian is staying in Phuket for a few months. He rents a bike. He defaults on the payments. The Russian owners come looking for him. They find him and thump him. He dissappears because he is at fault. The bike is being rented out as we speak

Could be, did I win the bet?

Could be, did I win the bet?

What bet is that? I apologise if i dont remember, i sometimes post under the influence and forget what I type. I must recommend it. You get 2 laughs out of the one post/thread

spending the rest of his time in Bangkok running his own business?

Long over due for a clean out of these undesirables and the individuals that assist there business endeavors in Bangkok.

A new broom sweeps clean even from Dubai.

Because of his skincolour of because you presume he is doing illegal or immoral business?

That's pretty much how it works.

I'm just curious which one it is smile.png

Probably because he is Nigerian as they have a world wide reutation for scamming.

TV Is so predictable. I knew there would be a flood of racist comments.

Race baiting is the usual retort from those that have no other argument. Quite ironic since you made no mention of the guys race. Much like trying to be critical of Israel, the immediate response is that you must be anti-Semitic because of your stance.

There are reason that stereotypes are formed. Rightfully so or not.

• Like 1

Just wondering if any of these comments contradict the following forum rule?

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Just a couple perhaps? I guess Nigerians are an exception

So who gets disciplined? The article nor anyone applying the Nigerian stereotype said anything about this guy's race. It is only the defenders of this guy that state race is the reason for being skeptical of his story, which is bullshite. Nigerians are famous for scamming, which is why this guy was tarred with that brush. Race had nothing to do with it. Just so happens that most Nigerians are black. Perhaps you should have a conversation with black Nigerians that scam people and tell them they are giving the rest of their law-abiding citizens a bad name.

Just wondering if any of these comments contradict the following forum rule?

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Just a couple perhaps? I guess Nigerians are an exception

So who gets disciplined? The article nor anyone applying the Nigerian stereotype said anything about this guy's race. It is only the defenders of this guy that state race is the reason for being skeptical of his story, which is bullshite. Nigerians are famous for scamming, which is why this guy was tarred with that brush. Race had nothing to do with it. Just so happens that most Nigerians are black. Perhaps you should have a conversation with black Nigerians that scam people and tell them they are giving the rest of their law-abiding citizens a bad name. 

Yes I agree. There are black people everywhere that dont scam. I personally would be wary of anyone from Somalia. It doesnt matter what color their skin is

I got talking to an African guy one night at a bar next door to one of BKKs best unis. His English was pretty much fluent, I can't remember where he was from but he was studying one if the international masters degree programs there.

I put it to him that 95% of 'them' were scamming etc. He immediately disagreed and said it would be over 99%. :o

Could it be that he is a Nigerian scammer who had scammed the wrong people and they are seeking sweet revenge? clap2.gif

Oh dear. You really should read at least some of the thread before jumping in.

And your point/opinion is?

A... he is a scammer who was revenged upon.?

B... He is a crook who needed a police report to give to the bike shop so he can get away with steeling the bike?

C... ?

FYI: I read ALL the threads.

Edited by newermonkey

Could it be that he is a Nigerian scammer who had scammed the wrong people and they are seeking sweet revenge? clap2.gif

B... He is a crook who needed a police report to give to the bike shop so he can get away with steeling the bike?

C... ?

That we've already dealt with that. If you immediately assume him to be a scammer just because he's black African, you are by definition racially prejudiced and should probably join the queue at the natural history museum to see if they'll accommodate you with the rest of the jurassics.

• Like 1

Could it be that he is a Nigerian scammer who had scammed the wrong people and they are seeking sweet revenge? Posted Image

C... ?

That we've already dealt with that. If you immediately assume him to be a scammer just because he's black African, you are by definition racially prejudiced and should probably join the queue at the natural history museum to see if they'll accommodate you with the rest of the jurassics.

No I think he is more xenaphobic than racist. The point is about the victim is from Somalia not that he is black

Nigerians are either Scammers or drug dealers. Its just a simple fact. I am not xenaphobic, I just cant stand them I dont fear anyone.

All 168 million Nigerian are drug dealers or scammers? That is quite a statement to make....

Nigerians are either Scammers or drug dealers. Its just a simple fact. I am not xenaphobic, I just cant stand them I dont fear anyone.

No I think he is more xenaphobic than racist. The point is about the victim is from Somalia not that he is black

So lets start to generalize:

1. All Australians and new zealenders are sheep sheperds.

2. All brits are shirtless and drunk.

3. All americans are armed and dangerous - possibly they ride horses too look after their cattle.

4. All arabs are terrorists.

5. All french are arrogant.

Etc. etc.

I mean there are lots of generalization to make in this world.

And wonder how those xenophobic people with racist generalization able to live in Thailand with Asian people?

If you are xenophobic, you made a wrong move at the first place to leave your safe and confortable country and come live in Thailand.

Bc i am sure you dont think or say good things towards thai people as well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All 168 million Nigerian are drug dealers or scammers? That is quite a statement to make....

Do you know any honest Nigerians, please name ONE, bet you can't ! w00t.gif

Maybe this guy is the innocent victim but giving the high incidences of theft

and fraudulent crimes involving Nigerians in Thailand you can't blame folk for jumping to conclusions.

Thailand is the one place where a lot of different nationalities really do live up to their national stereotypes.

I

Yes, you can blame people for jumping to conclusions. That's exactly what you can do. People who blame the victim because he's black African are racist. That's what 'racist' means.

When American tourists are attacked in Muslim countries, is it their fault for being American? After all, they were probably spies and missionaries anyway right?

get off your high horse. racism has nothing to do with it. 15 years of living in bangkok and the sukhumvit area suggest there is a very high probability this was retribution for some kind of rip off, likely drug related.

either way this was not random. why him when there are so many other targets for this crime if theft were the intention?

And why has this type of crime not been reported more frequently if it were a common occurrence?

get over yourself, look at the facts and leave your spurious parallels at the door.

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk
  • Like 2

Maybe this guy is the innocent victim but giving the high incidences of theft

and fraudulent crimes involving Nigerians in Thailand you can't blame folk for jumping to conclusions.

Thailand is the one place where a lot of different nationalities really do live up to their national stereotypes.

I

Yes, you can blame people for jumping to conclusions. That's exactly what you can do. People who blame the victim because he's black African are racist. That's what 'racist' means.

When American tourists are attacked in Muslim countries, is it their fault for being American? After all, they were probably spies and missionaries anyway right?

get off your high horse. racism has nothing to do with it. 15 years of living in bangkok and the sukhumvit area suggest there is a very high probability this was retribution for some kind of rip off, likely drug related.

either way this was not random. why him when there are so many other targets for this crime if theft were the intention? 

And why has this type of crime not been reported more frequently if it were a common occurrence?

get over yourself, look at the facts and leave your spurious parallels at the door.

Exactly. Incidents like these don't happen randomly in Phuket.

The lack of a follow up on the story shows this.

So lets start to generalize:

1. All Australians and new zealenders are sheep sheperds.

2. All brits are shirtless and drunk.

3. All americans are armed and dangerous - possibly they ride horses too look after their cattle.

4. All arabs are terrorists.

5. All french are arrogant.

Etc. etc.

I mean there are lots of generalization to make in this world.

And wonder how those xenophobic people with racist generalization able to live in Thailand with Asian people?

If you are xenophobic, you made a wrong move at the first place to leave your safe and confortable country and come live in Thailand.

Bc i am sure you dont think or say good things towards thai people as well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am firing back so duck the bullets !

1. I personally know several New-Zealanders & Australians none are sheep sheppards

2. I am British and sometimes not so proud to be so but generally the majority are honest and honorable.

3. I know many Americans some do have guns but I don't know if they are dangerous! only one I know rides horses but so do I when I go there.

4. I don't know any Arab terrorists and I have traveled extensively throughout the middle east and including 2 trips to Iran (They are generally very nice people)

5. Some French I know are arrogant and the ones from Paris are very arrogant, but that I don't consider a bad trait if they have something others don't have (which they do)

Etc. etc...

However I do know of 4 Nigerians and one is a drug mule the other 2 are internet scammers (know personally on line through my work) and one is a confidence-trixter living right here in Thailand.

Do you know any honest Nigerians, please name ONE, bet you can't ! w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif

"to leave your safe and confortable country and come live in Thailand"

Firstly my country as you call it is the UK and its not safe in all areas and its hard work to be comfortable (in fact the weather is not usually "comfortable")

"Bc i am sure you dont think or say good things towards thai people as well."

I moved to Thailand for many reasons number one is the people, I think the majority are generally very pleasant (There are some exceptions as in any country)

The second reason for living here is the weather.

The third reason is the lack of competition in business and the easy work attitude.

"The point is about the victim is from Somalia not that he is black"

When I was living in London 30 years ago I was working for the British government and Somali families I knew were all on Social security payouts and none wanted to work, this is a fact and I am not making any judgements on them.

Throughout my life I have known a few black people from various parts of the world and in fact one of my best friends at college was from Zambia.

So I dont think I am xenaphobic or racist but you could call me a realist.

"Do you know any honest Nigerians, please name ONE, bet you can't"

Yes, I can. I have a friend who works for a big NGO in Cambodia and gets pissed off about all the Nigerian scammers just as much as anyone else.

There are also a few footballers that play for teams in Vietnam that stay out of trouble.

"Do you know any honest Nigerians, please name ONE, bet you can't"

Yes, I can. I have a friend who works for a big NGO in Cambodia and gets pissed off about all the Nigerian scammers just as much as anyone else.

There are also a few footballers that play for teams in Vietnam that stay out of trouble.

Thats 4

Well, I only know 4. Not many Nigerians in Siem Reap. So, statistically 100% of the Nigerians I know are honest. The biggest scammers here tend to be white foreigners; does that I mean I get to call (insert nationality of your choice here) crooks?