No green book but 'has invoice papers' (?)

lemonjelly

Rob

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

What you have been told by the Land Transport Dept sounds untrue to me but perhaps someone with more knowledge may be able to shed more light on this. My suspiciion is that there is something else preventing the transfer and they are using the importation as an excuse.

I believe there is nothing stopping you from effecting the transfer at another office of the Land Transport Department, e.g. try going to Sri Saket instead of Ubon, but it is possible there may be a note on the record stopping any transfer of ownership.

You do know that your wife either needs to be present at the Land Transport Department to sign over ownership to you or needs to provide you with a signed power of attorney, don't you?

Another alternative would be to go through one of those firms that does all the paperwork connected to vehicles, e.g. MOT (tor ror or), tax renewal, compulsory govt. insurance (phor ror bor) and just pay them to do it all for you.

I wish you luck in your mission and continue to find it odd or suspicious that something or someone is blocking you from making progress here.

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the excise tax, not the invoice. i got my cb400 impounded because of that. the fine is 3x or 5x the value of the supposed excise tax calculated from the invoice with an additional of paying the excise tax itself. once you have the excise tax, you can actually buy the compulsory 3rd party insurance.

it was a horrible experience though, i was seated on the back of the pickup with a bunch of dodgy looking people. it was one of those anal stops which even those little unplated mopes get impounded as well. there are many bigger bikes with excise tax didnt get away from it though, an official fine was given to them although they didnt get impounded