Fang Area...Decent Builders; Do They Exist ?

trainman34014

Looking for good builders to work in Fang area to build whole new house starting from ground zero Are there any builders in the area who have a good reputation for big jobs like this ? Any who speak reasonable English ?

Any experiences or recommendations would be welcome.

Do you see any house in the area you like, and think it look decent?

Send out your wife/gf to inquire who built it, and maybe get a contact.

Or just ask the locals who they recommend in general....any reputable one should have couple of houses in the neighborhood built, and could show you those as reference.

while not a whole house, but the whole house electicity re-wired, this is how we found reputable electricians. i am sure worki with builders too. :)

• Like 2

Good advice.smile.png Look around, ask around and checkout their previous builds. English may not be an option unless you are willing to pay to bring in people from further afield.

Yup; understand all advice's but down here in Chiang Mai it took me a few years to find reputable builders recommended by other Farang who had used them for more than just repairs or extensions. I found that asking around Thai locals gets you the local cowboys who work in the fields half of the year and are bodge builders the rest, which seems to suit the levels of 'expertise' that Thai's are happy with as the majority don't know a house brick from a bag of cement. To use the good builders i now know down here would be prohibitive cost wise because of the travel implications.

Will continue the search but if there is anyone out there has had a whole house built in the Fang area i would be pleased to hear from them.