Trusted torrent sites

Tiger7Moth

I have had bad experiences downloaded TV and movies from Torrent sites. I seem to get all sorts of junk I don't want. I use Firefox and the last time I did a download, I even got a Firefox page that I could not minimize or terminate. So, I had to delete and reinstall Firefox.

As a related aside, I use the free version of Advanced System Care - has anyone upgraded to the pay version and did you find it was worth it and that it helped prevent stuff like the above.

Thanks for any helpful info smile.png

http://eztv.it/ Is about the best free site for safe Torrents. No PopUps or nagging screens, virus or Trojans.

All the private sites are safe. Private means still free but you have to sign up and try to keep a good ratio, that is seed back for some days any thing you have downloaded. Don't just "Hit & Run"

I use https://tvchaosuk.com They have a good selection of current TV programs and old movies. The advantage with TVChaos is that they have bonus system that helps to keep a good ratio.

smile.png

Edited by Daffy D

I have had bad experiences downloaded TV and movies from Torrent sites.  I seem to get all sorts of junk I don't want.  I use Firefox and the last time I did a download, I even got a Firefox page that I could not minimize or terminate.  So, I had to delete and reinstall Firefox.

As a related aside, I use the free version of Advanced System Care - has anyone upgraded to the pay version and did you find it was worth it and that it helped prevent stuff like the above.

Thanks for any helpful info   Posted Image

Advanced system care is well worth it, I downloaded it from a torrent site.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

Ah I have a little knowledge and preferences here.

I use Firefox browser.

I use Utorrent program.

And 2 great dependable torrent sites with various quality downloads are:

http://yify-torrents.com/home gives you current movies in 1080p quality

and

http://kickass.to/search/user:m%C3%B3%C3%B3vilek/ All media....

Also a lil fun thing might help.. if you ever want to send someone a large file or movie thats bigger than your 25m email limit, there are 2 FREE websites that will do it and send up to 2gig

www.toobigforemail.com

www.wetransfer.com

Kickass Torrents - kickass.to - has pretty much everything.

There are a lot of good, local, Thai-centric torrent sites/trackers, and most seeders are on local seedboxes, so easy to get almost anything, with Thai subs. For movies, DVD ISO's have all the language/subs options.

Edited by lomatopo

You just have to be careful what you are downloading, check the comment or number of seeders, if it high then a good chance its what it says, don't bother with cam rips, or if its a brand new movie.

Are you using Utorrent as your client? probably still one of the best

I have an invite for torrentday if you want, pm me your email. But if you use this site you must seed back, or you will be kicked out, Its very fast and no dudes

I would firstly recommend the Ad-Block Plus for Firefox add-on and that should put an end to pop ups and pop under adverts that sometimes come from these sites.

I'm also a fan of www.yify-torrents.com for films and http://eztv.it/ for TV shows.

Other reliable sites; kickass.to | isohunt.com | h33t.eu

LOL, popups and popunders are maybe a little annoying, but they are harmless!

There are no torrent sites that are virus free.

thepiratebay usually has all the good torrents.

Anyone using cracked software must use a proper firewall and behavioral filter.

I have found the free product from COMODO to be up to the task if the security is raised to "paranoid" for the behavioral shield (Defense plus) and to "custom" for the firewall.

In the comments about the torrents, people will pretend detections by antivirus are false positives, yet from my experience false positives are fairly rare. I'd say about 30 to 40% of popular cracked software downloads are infected by malware, often keyloggers or software that backloads a virus from the internet.

With COMODO, it's possible to isolate programs, so I can block the program's attempts to connect and limit it's behavior in the system.

"No torrent site is virus free"

I would say the chance of getting a virus from a private site is pretty minimal.

I dont know if anyone in Thailand is concerned, but by using open public trackers you are exposing your IP address to the world.

If you can dig about and get an invite to private trackers such as freshonTV you will find it a completely different experience, its well controlled and laid out, im on a similar tracker, which is ratio-free, you just have to seed for a torrent 24 hours.

A UK tracker has already been mentioned, not quite thebox (RIP) but its OK and open for sign-ups at the moment.

Maybe things have improved since, but for a while kickasstorrents website was tracking users, to the point where it was a popular place for people writing tracking-detection software to test their stuff. I wouldn't worry about it, but you have anti-tracker add-ons in your browser, right?

tpb has javascript pop-ups, and every so often I have to adjust my anti-ad settings to prevent them.

If you're using utorrent be sure to check out something called utorrent updater (aka µpdater) to prevent garbage in the transfers.

Good private trackers are iptorrents.com and sceneaccess.org. Both of them are invite only, but perhaps existing members can give you an invite.

Even better, use a Usenet provider like Newsdemon. Most torrents you'll find on torrent sites, but without the seeding requirement and always maximum DL speeds. Usenet service is not free but starts at about $10 per month.

Of course, I only recommend this if you're into sharing poems.

Edited by sniffdog