Webroot Spysweeper 3.5

pop3

I have bought a cd from .com to install webroot spysweeper v 3.5.186 infact it is the second disk I have bought as the regestration given is not valid, I thought the second disk I bought might have a diferent number but it hasent, the regestration given is SSDC-OPEN-AAAA-KJEA-PZAK The guy in the shop say's for sure that is the regestration you need to activate it ? Has anyone had this problem ? is there another activation code ? Thank's for any help.

To be honest Pop3, the version you have is pretty old. The 15 day Free trial version is currently at 4.5.9.711

If you haven't tried this software before, then it certainly is worth trying it out, as it found quite a few items on my daughter's computer which neither spybot,adaware or avg could and managed to get rid of everything.

Whether or not you think it is worth the asking price is upto you, but when dealing with virus's,adware,malware and trojans it is very important to keep up to date.

Hope of some help

Well, there is out there people who have as only living the creation and the selling ofsoftwares. Some do it well (Bill is an exemple of success story), some not. Using pirating softwares is like take money from their pockets.

Even in thailand that is outlaws, and even in Pantip people are asking to call a number if they found a shop who sell copy CD (went in Pantip this morning, the bilboard is still located second floor, close to where some shops ................... lol)

Anyway there is still the good old trick to use the 15 days free trial, and uninstall (registry include) and reinstall every 15 days. I like to do so, because if it's prog I use one or 2 times a year, I do not need to buy it. But if I use intensively that prog, so it quickly became a pain in the a**** and so I tend to pay for it (not fo it in fact, but I pay to not have to waste time to reinstall it). People worked to realise, so I find normal to pay if I really use it.

By the way, I just tried it (Webroot's Spyweeper), as you can download a free version that will scan your computer, you will have to pay for a version to remove threats.

And the only threat it found was in fact a legit program (Rosetta Stone, a language learning software), so I'll stick to the free Spybot Search & Destroy... (everything is free, even threats removal :o )

And talking about pirated stuff is something I do, but not in places where owners expressly say that they don't want people to discuss about this.

Edited by yeti

hi'

I add my way to see things ...

for very long I have cracked and patched programs, now, I find that as sting01

says, there is some work behind all this, and if not feeling guilty to put a pirated serial for windows os, I don't feel the same for a group of devellopers who sell their product for a few bucks.(btw the windows I use on one machine is licenced)

I can say now, most(around 90%) of the program I use are either free or licenced, except ms office ... too expensive and I have it only for compatibility with my customers, I do prefer OOo 2.01, and for spyware, malware and so on adaware and spywareblaster do their job for free :o

BitDefender9 licenced protect my pc pretty well, ZA does the rest behind my routeur firewall :D

so, if you like this program after trying it(patched or not for a longer test of it) buy it, this won't kill you :D

in fact except MS which company get rich, adobe, symantec, ulead, and more major programming companies for which we do have the equivalent for free, the Gimp to oppose photoshop and so on :D

let's stay fair and let's use free or licenced programs or jump to Linux :D

francois

Edited by francois

Of course the serial number on the two bootlegged CDs you bought is invalid -- which is illegal, by the way -- it's been blacklisted by Webroot for well over a year. May I suggest buying a legitimate copy from the website which allows you updates for a year?

What a joke here in Thailand that not only do shops openly sell pirated software, but some of the software is so outdated.

Thank's for your help everyone, Yeah the problem of copy right's is a topic all of it's own, The people selling copy's tend to be poorer people trying what they can to make a living + how many of us on this forum are running legitimate window's ? poor ol Bill ! nevermind, Thank's again.

webroot spysweeper and bitdefender are <deleted>...I purchased both and downloaded...they kept on running with bizarre messages "searching for previous versions' etc...couldn't shut down windows while they were running...had to get into windows task manager to disable them.

You gots to be an IT prof to decypher the instructions from the technical support...I'd say stick with Norton's...

Thank's for your help everyone, Yeah the problem of copy right's is a topic all of it's own, The people selling copy's tend to be poorer people trying what they can to make a living + how many of us on this forum are running legitimate window's ? poor ol Bill ! nevermind, Thank's again.

A topic of its own, and not an easy discussion given the rules here.

Anyway, from what I have seen of Spysweeper, even if it was free I would not use it...

webroot spysweeper and bitdefender are <deleted>...I purchased both and downloaded...they kept on running with bizarre messages "searching for previous versions' etc...couldn't shut down windows while they were running...had to get into windows task manager to disable them.

You gots to be an IT prof to decypher the instructions from the technical support...I'd say stick with Norton's...

hi'

oh no!

bit defender is fine!!

get rid off webroot spysweeper, it's a sh1t, but keep bit defender, I never been so well protected since I use it, believe me it's lighter and for sure as efficient as the big names, and even more, just use only the antivirus, for firewall we all know that there is better that what antivirus company propose to us :o

tutsi, if you had norton before you may have a conflict as symantec leave traces of it's installation everywhere in the registry, clen it before to install any others, use the search for norton and symantec, you'll be surprised, even after a clean uninstall :D

for spysweeper, do the same in the registry, search for webroot and spysweeper, delete all!

begin by hkcu(current user)

francois

Edited by francois