Wishing for new laws where big bikes can go

robblok

They might want to pilot any changes in the law with allowing bikes to use flyovers in Bangkok and elsewhere. That has to be the most pointless by-law unless you want to keep a handy side income for the police.

i don't foresee any changes in the near future.

Unfortunately I don't foresee any changes either.. but with all those big bikes coming out and such one would imagine that a lobby would exist.

And the flyovers.. a while back i took a few and had my gf on the back i was saying ready the money (but we were lucky no cops)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scooters are not designed for the highway as been mentioned
  • It would be absolute chaos if scooters were allowed as the Thai mentality of riding on the streets would pass to the highway.
  • 500cc for starters should be the minimum cc. After all, how can a toll worker be expected to to tell the difference between 150 and 250. I suppose 400c and 500cc could be argued.
  • Bikers should be made to buy an electronic pass. Can you image the chaos fumbling for your money with all your biker gear on?
  • I even believe a yearly privilege pass should be needed with an annual fee of around 10k for example. There aren't many scooter riders willing to pay for that!
  • No biker should be allowed to pass unless they are wearing full gear.

Bikers should also argue the case for less pollution and traffic congestion by being allowed to use the toll way. It would be safer too. Of course there is the risk of going over the top, but a small one should you ride with caution. I'd rather take my chances on the toll that being nearly side swiped and plowing into a car on daily bases due to ignorant car drivers.

Just my opinion.

Edited by BBJ
  • Like 1

• It would be absolute chaos if scooters were allowed as the Thai mentality of riding on the streets would pass to the highway.
  • 500cc for starters should be the minimum cc. After all, how can a toll worker be expected to to tell the difference between 150 and 250. I suppose 400c and 500cc could be argued.
  • Bikers should be made to buy an electronic pass. Can you image the chaos fumbling for your money with all your biker gear on?
  • I even believe a yearly privilege pass should be needed with an annual fee of around 10k for example. There aren't many scooter riders willing to pay for that!

Bikers should also argue the case for less pollution and traffic congestion by being allowed to use the toll way. It would be safer too. Of course there is the risk of going over the top, but a small one should you ride with caution. I'd rather take my chances on the toll that being nearly side swiped and plowing into a car on daily bases due to ignorant car drivers.

Just my opinion.

So no Harleys then?

The discussion that will never end or deliver a solution, a can of worms has been opened.

No solution from us that is for sure.. but maybe if the sellers of big bikes start lobbying things could change. Big bikes are more then capable keeping up with cars.. it can be argued cars are just holding bikes down cheesy.gif

Just my opinion.

So no Harleys then?

What's a Harley?

I think I will ask for a night with one of those hot Thai models, I think I will get lucky before the laws are changed to allow bikes on the freeway. I guess we can all dream.

I think you are right.. i don't even care too much about the freeway.. but stupid flyovers and the left driving stuff and some highways.

I agree that first would be best to stop these left lane and flyovers thing. Although now there are not any checks since all of them are busy.

About the tollway, I guess it could be free for motorcycles. I watched a clip about riding in Brazil. THere s one crazy dude who rides fast and doesnt stop talking. I dont understand anything but its fun to watch. So another clip I clicked after this one was few riders taking the toll way, or autoban ( I think i heard they call it like this). To get in, they didnt go where the cars go, but went to the right on a small road on the side that took them into the highway behind the boots. Really made me envy them. :))

They don't seem to bother about the staying left thing down here in Chonburi.

Famous last words.

I don't care much about it either but it ends up costing me money at times. That is the least of the problems.. i mean i hate it when they take the drivers-license and you have to find the police station.

They don't seem to bother about the staying left thing down here in Chonburi.

Famous last words.

I don't care much about it either but it ends up costing me money at times. That is the least of the problems.. i mean i hate it when they take the drivers-license and you have to find the police station.

That is why the best is saying you forgot your license at home. I also say i cant speak engrish.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I mean the police don't seem to care about bikes not in the left-hand lane. I have had my licence checked a few times but even when they stopped me when I was not in the left-hand lane, all the police cared about was the licence and asking me stupid questions sometimes like where are you going or what's in your bag.

After reading all kind strange reasons why one bike can and a other not use the high way i think it's time for a new criteria.

The bike must be black, build in China, have 149.5 cc, must have 2 working exhaust, have a straight up sit position and have a full wind shield.

I think i will qualify perfect for that rule so it will be a good law.

Regardswai2.gif

• Like 1

What's a Harley?

You mean a Hardley?

A machine that converts gasoline into noise without the byproduct of speed.

That is why the best is saying you forgot your license at home. I also say i cant speak engrish

The best is not to stop in the first place. Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

In the Philippines bikes were forbidden on express ways, but since several years bikes bigger then 400 cc are allowed. Seems making sense smaller bikes and scooters are too dangerous. I always used the Easy Pass...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by yannic