Organic Thailand

thainomad

Agriculture is Thailand's #1 industry making it the perfect victim for the agro-chemical industry. After WWII, the companies persuaded the majority to buy their products with the illusion of profit increase. Unfortunately, Thais are unanimous in nature. Only a few of the wise, older generation knew the consequences of chemical use and maintained their traditional farming.

About 99% of the food grown in Thailand is inorganic and very toxic. The watermelons are injected with red coloring. Most of the corn is GM. Many farmers apply 2-10 times more pesticides than recommended because they ignore the instructions. Durians are especially drenched. Europe even sent back a case because of the high chemical content. Farmers light fields of sugarcane on fire to burn the dead leaves which makes harvesting easier. If you buy fresh pressed sugarcane juice, it is probably not raw. The market food in Thailand has made me very sick. It is extremely difficult to find organic fruit and veggies in the fresh markets. I knew there was some way to obtain organic. My determination has prevailed.

I am now a member of an organization that is associated with almost every organic farm that exists in Thailand. I have visited several farms and observed their dedication to growing poison-free food. People from about 10 different countries come to attend their training courses on sustainable agriculture. Their website is www.asoke.info Click on Insight Into Santi Asoke.

Right now i am staying in Rayong and Chanthaburi which grow massive amounts of fruit. If you come to one of these provinces in the next 2 months, i can supply you with organic durian, mangosteen, rubutan, dragonfruit, mango, long kong, pineapple, jackfruit, banana, coconut, and other tropical fruits. If you come to another part Thailand now or anytime in the future, i can supply you with organic fruit and vegetables from nearby farms.

Many people come to Thailand wanting to eat organic but dont where to go. They are forced to buy whatever is available in the markets. If you seek out chemical-free food in Thailand, I may be your organic guide.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my thoughts about Thai agricultural practices.

I've fenced off the land we plan to use for growing our own food, it's been fallow now for 4 years and will remain fallow for at least seven years (The minimum amount of time land must remain free from chemical use in order to meet the 'Organic Land' requirements).

Back home I've grown food in the garden and allotments since I was a child - Good organic home grown food is one of my pet subjects.

Best of luck with promoting organic produce.

Agriculture is Thailand's #1 industry making it the perfect victim for the agro-chemical industry. After WWII, the companies persuaded the majority to buy their products with the illusion of profit increase. Unfortunately, Thais are unanimous in nature. Only a few of the wise, older generation knew the consequences of chemical use and maintained their traditional farming.

About 99% of the food grown in Thailand is inorganic and very toxic. The watermelons are injected with red coloring. Most of the corn is GM. Many farmers apply 2-10 times more pesticides than recommended because they ignore the instructions. Durians are especially drenched. Europe even sent back a case because of the high chemical content. Farmers light fields of sugarcane on fire to burn the dead leaves which makes harvesting easier. If you buy fresh pressed sugarcane juice, it is probably not raw. The market food in Thailand has made me very sick. It is extremely difficult to find organic fruit and veggies in the fresh markets. I knew there was some way to obtain organic. My determination has prevailed.

I am now a member of an organization that is associated with almost every organic farm that exists in Thailand. I have visited several farms and observed their dedication to growing poison-free food. People from about 10 different countries come to attend their training courses on sustainable agriculture. Their website is www.asoke.info Click on Insight Into Santi Asoke.

Right now i am staying in Rayong and Chanthaburi which grow massive amounts of fruit. If you come to one of these provinces in the next 2 months, i can supply you with organic durian, mangosteen, rubutan, dragonfruit, mango, long kong, pineapple, jackfruit, banana, coconut, and other tropical fruits. If you come to another part Thailand now or anytime in the future, i can supply you with organic fruit and vegetables from nearby farms.

Many people come to Thailand wanting to eat organic but dont where to go. They are forced to buy whatever is available in the markets. If you seek out chemical-free food in Thailand, I may be your organic guide.

If "99% of the food grown in Thailand is inorganic and very toxic" as you state, I guess 99 % of us would be dead, and hence not here to read this. :D

Come on, don't exaggerate! :D Yes, most food is not grown organically, here as in most other countries, and some of it may contain some mildly toxic residues with some danger to health of consumers. like smoking, the risk from consuming this food increases with time. But your message is full of inaccuracies, exaggeration and basically, bullshit (organic of course). For example, watermelons may be tainted with all sorts of nice pesticide residues, but at the price they're sold at (10 baht a pop), it would be highly unlikely that Farmer Somchai or Seller Sue, would go to all the trouble of injecting them with food dye, when they are naturally red. Now meat such as pork and beef........... there you would have a believable point. :o

You would also be a more trustworthy source of info if you stated that the "organization" you are a member of an are promoting is a religious cult, albeit a fairly innocuous one and even quite healthy one, but a piece of information worth revealing all the same to readers. Also, to state that they are "linked to almost every organic farm in Thailand" is absurd and shows you are talking mostly out of your backside. :D

And what's the problem with farmer's burning sugar cane leaves to ease with harvest. Have you ever tried harvesting a field of sugar cane? Try it, then come back and lay criticism on people for trying to ease their workload a bit. :D