Mazda CX5 Thailand Introduction When?

OMGImInPattaya

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting.. Any word about the engines choice? (diesel)

November. And it's made in Malaysia, not Thailand.

According to sources, the 2.2L diesel will become available - though it's not clear whether that will be at local launch in November, or sometime next year (Mazda MY currently only produces the gasoline version).

We will deliver the printed OMs to Mazda on October 3. The OMs include both the gasoline and diesel version so I presume they will be available in Thailand. HOWEVER, at the beginning probably only gasoline version.

They are imported from Malaysia and not made in Thailand.

That will keep all the Protons happy another Malaysian made vehicle in Thailand.

I doubt it...Mazda has substantial production assets in Thailand so I'm sure they will produce the CX5 for the local and SE Asia market in Thailand.

You're claiming many things here on the forum that are nonsense, so it will probably be made in Malaysia.

That will keep all the Protons happy another Malaysian made vehicle in Thailand.

I doubt it...Mazda has substantial production assets in Thailand so I'm sure they will produce the CX5 for the local and SE Asia market in Thailand.

You're claiming many things here on the forum that are nonsense, so it will probably be made in Malaysia.

I agree StevenL, it makes no sense to produce these both here and in Malayasia.

Sorry just I'm not in the industry so not privy to inside information. I was unaware that Mazda had much factory capacity in Malaysia However, if made in Malaysia, would have to give it second thoughts as the "Made in Malaysia" badge doesn't mean quality to me.

But willing to wait a month and see. Will try to find a Paul Tan review of the Malay made Cx5.

litrature I have from our company owned Mazda Dealer is that the launch will have the 2.0 and 2.5 gasoline engines in the lower models and the 2.2 desiel in the top model.

Is that the same diesel as in the BT50?

No.

The BT-50/Ranger has the 2.2 Puma Engine, the CX5 gets the Skyactiv 2.2 engine.

• Like 2

Sorry just I'm not in the industry so not privy to inside information. I was unaware that Mazda had much factory capacity in Malaysia However, if made in Malaysia, would have to give it second thoughts as the "Made in Malaysia" badge doesn't mean quality to me.

But willing to wait a month and see. Will try to find a Paul Tan review of the Malay made Cx5.

Japanese cars built overseas must meet minimum standards. I wouldn't think it will matter where it is built. Plenty of Aussies complain about Thai made hondas too...but the quality is still there. Proton is a Malaysian car, so that's not comparable.

Yes, quality standard for Japanese cars meet the minimum standards. No reason why a Malaysian built car would be of less quality than a Thai built car. BTW, seems to me that the CX5 is the first car where Thailand gets the full line-up.

Well look at this smile.png There's a load of CX-5 on the way from Malaysia and should be available in Thailand very soon smile.png 2.0 , 2.5 and yes... 2.2. diesel

http://paultan.org/2013/09/23/mazda-cx-5-exports-locally-assembled-2-2-diesel-begin/

OMG, that link confirms what others have said and posted links to...... OMG should be happy now as it is a Paul Tan article.

Edited by Spoonman

Sorry just I'm not in the industry so not privy to inside information. <snip>

So why contradict the people who do have the inside information?

I'm supposed to know who these people are? I can't know this unless they self-identify as such. Otherwise I assume they are ordinary consumers who only have access to public info like me.

Well look at this smile.png There's a load of CX-5 on the way from Malaysia and should be available in Thailand very soon :) 2.0 , 2.5 and yes... 2.2. diesel

http://paultan.org/2013/09/23/mazda-cx-5-exports-locally-assembled-2-2-diesel-begin/

Looks good... 300 lucky buyers will get them soon. Kinda sucks if you're Malaysian as you can't buy a diesel. I was unaware the M3 was assembled in Malaysia...they seem fine so hopefully the 5 will be as well.

I'm surprised to learn the Japanese Co's are starting to use Malaysia as an export platform.

Interesting to see if the diesel will be the 150 HP or 175 HP version.. probably the lower spec but 380 NM will get things moving for sure, especially given it's sky-active diet (1480 kg) and for those who need that little bit more oomph there's the Racechip which boosts the output to 188 HP and 479 NM w00t.gif

Wonder how this new baby will take market share from the CR-V and X1..

Pretty rev happy too for a diesel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwNUAu6kUU

Edited by sjonburi

Interesting to see if the diesel will be the 150 HP or 175 HP version.. probably the lower spec but 380 NM will get things moving for sure, especially given it's sky-active diet (1480 kg) and for those who need that little bit more oomph there's the Racechip which boosts the output to 188 HP and 479 NM w00t.gif

If the import volumes tell the story of their projected sales numbers, they're not anticipating taking too many CR-V buyers, but are expecting to sell a whole lot more units than Subaru. It would appear they have figured their place in the market is Captiva territory - and given it's dull pricing, that means don't expect Mazda to sharpen their pencils too much..

Perhaps Mazda is following Apple's iPhone 5S introduction strategy where they ship minimal units to dealers so they can make headlines how fast the CX-5 sold out wink.png

If the import volumes tell the story of their projected sales numbers, they're not anticipating taking too many CR-V buyers, but are expecting to sell a whole lot more units than Subaru. It would appear they have figured their place in the market is Captiva territory - and given it's dull pricing, that means don't expect Mazda to sharpen their pencils too much..