Is the Is Kor Ror 2 for Non-imm.O marriage indeed required at Savannakhet Consulate?

Oh boy, Kind of a nasty suprise... the day before I have to go to Savannakhet I have discovered some reports on Thai Visa saying a Kor Ror 2 was needed at the Savannakhet Thai Consulate in order to get a new 1 year multiple non-immigrant O visa based on marriage. ohmy.png As the missus and I were mutually shackled under the benevolent gaze of the presiding official at Pra Kanom district office in Bangkok 11 years ago, we weren't made a part of that Kor Ror 2 process that apparently has only been begun recently and I have only now just discovered that such a thing as a Kor Ror 2 even exists via this forum. Thanks dudes, will be looking to make the long haul into Bangkok from Isaan to get that one in order when I get the chance.

I got my current 1 year multi-Non-O marriage visa at the Thai Consulate in Jakarta, so I have no experience with Savannakhet. I am dreading Savanakhet as I had quite a nasty experience in Vientianne a few years back, I was denied a simple tourist visa at the consulate on the basis that because i had just finished many years of service in Thailand on Non-Imm. for work purposes I was not to be trusted with a tourist visa, ostensibly because they decided I would simply abuse the tourist visa for the purpose of working under the table. In fact, and as i expalined to the official, I simply needed a few months relaxing at home with the wife before leaving Thailand to work in Indonesia. The answer to that was, you can wait in Cambodia or Vietnam just as easily. I don't want to scare others off, you will likely be better received than I was, bear in mind I have an incredibly long nose that ends in a very sharp point that causes a bad reaction from some Thai authority figures, I think they feel a knife is being pointed at them just by my simply looking at them I'm afraid, so I don't often get a good reception.

Jakarta consulate is recommended if you are there already or all else fails nearer to Thailand. Very helpful Javanese staff, answered the phones and questions before I arrived at the consulate so I came with all my documents and everything in order. They not only let me know what was needed to get the marriage O multiple, but spoke clearly, articulately and patiently and answered my questions in depth, even provided good advice as to which visa option would be best. The consulate was utterly deserted of clents as well, I was the only person present when applying and when I went in to pick up my visa, there was only one person ahead of me. The only drawback is if you are in a hurry, it took a week to get my visa. However, as we know, a lot can change in a year, so take my description for what it is worth on that basis.

But cutting to the chase, what I'd like to know or have clarified is whether the Kor Ror 2 is required. There are some reports on Thai Visa that say the Kor Ror 2 wasn't required and others that say it was. So what I'd like to know is, has anyone had any experiences or does anyone otherwise have any insight that might help definitively settle the matter as to whether or not the Kor Ror 2 is required?

Also, there is nothing on the Savannakhet consulate website stating what documents are needed and I would phone them, but past experience with the Vientianne Consulate has shown me that they don't answer their phones on a consistent basis. Thankfully, the more recent reports are the ones that mention that the Kor Ror 2 wasn't asked for. Also, I read a post on a Savannakhet Non-Imm. O marriage thread made back in about March 2013 by one of the Thai Visa forum admin people that did say it wasn't clear as to whether the original Kor Ror 2 was being asked for simply because copies of the Kor Ror 2 were handed over unnecessarliy thus triggering a request from the consulate officials for the originals or whether the request for the original was made by the official because that is indeed what they require.

Thanks in advance for your comments and insight. wai2.gif

• Like 1

A Kor Ror 2 is not required in Savannakhet. Some people have included them but they are not mandatory.

We never had a Kor Ror 2 until last year when immigration asked for it when I applied for my extension. Wife then went to Amphoe and got one in town where immigration office is located.

Your wife should be able to get one at any Amphoe provided info for it was entered in computer system. If not in system then it gets complicated but one from marriage only 11 years ago should be. We got married in 01 at a small Amphoe up here andb it was in system.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

The Kor Ror 2 is usually attached to the wife's marriage certificate when registered. We have always provided a copy of the original one for at least 12 years and have never been asked for an updated one at Head Office, Bangkok. Two months ago, for the latest extension, absolutely no change in the required documents but take it just in case.

You really should call them. We call them every year before we go, and they always answer the phone and are extremely polite and helpful with my wife. We have found the Consulate very helpful and professional, as long as you are professional with them.