Rollers from the lathe shop

jbrain

rotor.jpgI need some rollers produced as in the picture. They are made in Teflon or some hard plastic and are 1,8 cm in diameter. 6743204-0-display.jpgAnyone who has a lathe and has the material in the right size should be able to make them in no time.

Any suggestions who in the Pattaya vicinity can make them for me.

If you go up naklua road about 2/3 kms from the dolphin roundabout you will see a m/c shop. Can't miss it as it has a lathe right in front of the door. I am sure they will spin you up what you need but not sure if they will have the material.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look there tomorrow. Is it left or right side of the road.

Thanks, will have a look there, however today I visited 4 shops including the one suggested by Mr Buffalo and all of them had a poor excuse to not make the rollers which would take all by all 30 minutes at the maximum. I found I can by the material in the rcorrect diameter, so all they have to do is cut it to size and drill the hole in the middle.

Must be that this is one of the reasons why I love Thailand every day a bit more.bah.gif

• Like 1

Thanks, will have a look there, however today I visited 4 shops including the one suggested by Mr Buffalo and all of them had a poor excuse to not make the rollers which would take all by all 30 minutes at the maximum. I found I can by the material in the rcorrect diameter, so all they have to do is cut it to size and drill the hole in the middle.

Must be that this is one of the reasons why I love Thailand every day a bit more.bah.gif

Farang goes there . . . . "Sorry no have".

Get a Thai to go there, I am sure you get it in 20 mins, and cost you 20 Baht.

length is 14mm

OD is 13mm

ID is 6mm

Qnty is 4

Is this correct ?

Not 100% sure material I have is but it is a hard white plastic, if this is ok I can make some for you.

• Like 2

length is 14mm

OD is 13mm

ID is 6mm

Qnty is 4

Is this correct ?

Not 100% sure material I have is but it is a hard white plastic, if this is ok I can make some for you.

I tried to check size as correct as possible.

I guess a difference of a few tenth of a mm will make no difference

Length is 13,8 mm.

OD is 14,5 mm

The whole in the roller measures 5,8 mm

I could use 6 or 8 to have some spare, but i would already be very pleased if you could make me 4.

This is used in a peristaltic pump with a small tube in Pharmed material transporting HCL. I don't know exactly what the material is, it can be Nylon, Pom or Delrin as Rimmer suggested but I think either will be usable.

The former rollers melted because a small amount of HCL vapors was releasd at the tube connection, so if the material is HCL resistant is a plus however there are not supposed to be vapors.

I appreciate very much that you want to help me out, please PM me with the price details.

I think you'll need to provide a drawing of the roller itself.

Tolerances/finish ? Geometrical requirements, roundness concentricity ?

Would be nice if I had those deatail, unfortunately I don't.

So I guess smooth and round will do for me biggrin.png

I think you'll need to provide a drawing of the roller itself.

Tolerances/finish ? Geometrical requirements, roundness concentricity ?

Would be nice if I had those deatail, unfortunately I don't.

So I guess smooth and round will do for me biggrin.png

lol they will be round and smooth. My lathe operator is not here today due to a death in the family over night but he should be back tomorrow and I'll get him to spin them up then.

Delrin is a machinable plastic, I have had a number of items made from it in the past but in black only.

Looking at the drawing do not the rollers have "ball race" bearings?

Probably not strong enough for your requirement but 3D printing is the future for small bespoke plastic parts.

Delrin is a machinable plastic, I have had a number of items made from it in the past but in black only.

Looking at the drawing do not the rollers have "ball race" bearings?

Probably not strong enough for your requirement but 3D printing is the future for small bespoke plastic parts.

No they don't have bearings,you will have noticed that it is a rather small pump.

I hadn't thought about 3D printing, but I guess locating such a printer would have been a even more difficult than a lathe, and I don't dare to think about how much the Thai owner of such a printer would charge for those rollers.

There is quiet a few 3D printer in Thailand however I would be sceptical at the grade of material for any king of longevity inside a pump.

My machinist is doing them today for you jbrain.

Probably many of the plastics used today would not be suitable, but there are already printers that can make metal object in many alloys including aluminum, titanium and stainless steel.

3D printing is in it's infancy and over the next few years expect the quality, finish, speed, to increase dramatically and the cost to fall, also I would expect to see more and improved materials available to produce from, the most common form of 3D printing is filament which uses plastic, probably the only reason Derlin is not used is because of its high melting point (170c) so with improvements no doubt it would soon be available.

If you can make a working gun with 3D printing, what next?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/technology-video/10048949/US-demands-removal-of-3D-printed-gun-templates.html

There is quiet a few 3D printer in Thailand however I would be sceptical at the grade of material for any king of longevity inside a pump.

My machinist is doing them today for you jbrain.

Spoonman delivered the rollers that nobody wanted to make to me today. at no charge charge and they are perfect. He didn't even accept a beer for his trouble, so i will have to drink those all by myself burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif .

Thanks a lot Spoonman, it's very much appreciated, and it's nice to know that there are members on which one can count.

Give the man a post-163350-0-02169600-1380541383.jpg guys, he deserves them.