Fine for drink driving

nellyp

How to pass a breathalyzer, ive done this twice with friends who have dranken the same amount. They got pinched i did not.

Exhale as hard as you can about 10 times, and right before you blow into the breathalyzer take a really big breath of air and blow the fresh air into the tube just enough to record a score, you dont want the air from your stomach or lungs to get in there.

You will pass, i exhaled leo beer fumes all over a cop before in Kao Yai and what matters is what shows up on the breathalyzer.

The idea is to get drunken idiots off the road not to scam the test.

Again we have the thai haters doing just as bad and think its ok because one can bribe the cop.

What about when u kill someone thru lunacy,try to get out of that.Non thais should be thrown out the country from drink driving

Thanks, im going to drink a singha and go ride around right now.

and after that im going to run around with a pair of scissors while im holding a beer with my other hand.

If you tell me where you live i'll be happy to ride down your street drunk too. burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

ps...im not a thai hater, but there are a few farangs i find questionable ! **burp**

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 2

I think the whole idea is to NOT drink and drive/ride.

If you don't care about your own life think about others it might impact.

Hey stiff, I wrote I don't drive drunk. I had 1 beer so I was 4 times under the Thai limit, that is a low limit.

Learn to read, learn the law, take a walk and go lecture somebody else.

I think the concept is don't drink and drive, take a socially responsible approach and don't get your knickers in a twist on the forum.

Once again: I obey the law, my best common sense and they coincide.

Your "concepts" talking is non-sense and off-topic.

If you have an issue with the law, go petition to have it changed, that should you keep busy for a while.

Edited by paz

1) A complete ban means it would be a black and white case with no areas of Grey.

A complete BAC ban will NOT mean a black and white case. There are many shades of grey.

Legislating and enforcing a 0.00% limit may reduce the carnage on the roads. However, it will create confusion amongst the majority of normally responsible drivers amongst us who have one or two drinks and then not know when the alcohol has completely passed through the body.

I know many times I have woken up the morning after the night before, not really knowing if I feel like dog poo because of the residual alcohol in my system, the hangover, or because I am just tired.

Having a 0.05% buffer is always a reassuring insurance policy.

Radar501 said:

Legislating and enforcing a 0.00% limit may reduce the carnage on the roads. However, it will create confusion amongst the majority of normally responsible drivers amongst us who have one or two drinks and then not know when the alcohol has completely passed through the body.

Yep, i agree. Thats why there is a limit other than 0.0. But of course the 0.05 limit is not made for people to drink till they are at the limit and then go driving vehicles.

Usually you will be guilty if you have alcohol in your blood and are involved in an accident, regardless if over or under the limit. This proves that the concept is "Do not drink and drive". Very simple and done like that in many countries.

Usually you will be guilty if you have alcohol in your blood and are involved in an accident, regardless if over or under the limit. This proves that the concept is "Do not drink and drive". Very simple and done like that in many countries.

Very wrong. First of all, "guilty" is the term for a criminal case. Who causes a road accident is called "responsible".

Then, I'm not sure what "usually" means. Perhaps you can corroborate with references. Unless one is illegal to drive, accident responsability is determined by law of the road. Sometime both parties share the responsability.

Again: "concept" is something that exists in your opinion only. It is not the law. If you are not happy with the law, go protest it.

Edited by paz

the problem isnt driving drunk, the problem is...there is no drunk driving lane.

Nice idea, in BKK such lane would be very useful. But it may would be crowded. I never had a problem with drunk driving in my home country or in rural thailand. Then i tried it in BKK once (accidentally). My conclusion: I can not recommend it here whistling.gif

Very wrong. First of all, "guilty" is the term for a criminal case. Who causes a road accident is called "responsible".

Then, I'm not sure what "usually" means. Perhaps you can corroborate with references. Unless one is illegal to drive, accident responsability is determined by law of the road. Sometime both parties share the responsability.

Again: "concept" is something that exists in your opinion only. It is not the law. If you are not happy with the law, go protest it.

I can't help thinking that anybody who causes an accident should feel guiltywink.png

the problem isnt driving drunk, the problem is...there is no drunk driving lane.

Nice idea, in BKK such lane would be very useful. But it may would be crowded. I never had a problem with drunk driving in my home country or in rural thailand. Then i tried it in BKK once (accidentally). My conclusion: I can not recommend it here whistling.gif

i usually take a taxi if i know theres a chance of getting smashed.

but of course things can happen unexpectedly, like a bottle of whiskey.

How high the bribe is, always depends on the popo and your negotiation skills. In my opinion one should never complain when stopped for a good reason. Be happy to be able to pay your way out of it as it could end in a worse way as well..again depending on the copper. Of course I am not supporting corruption. Corruption is disgusting and its against my religion. But sometimes such things need to be done in the name of God.

Very Eloquently put!thumbsup.gif