And The Times They Are ...

naka

Spotted this Ad for Krung Thai Bank credit cards. Half a page in Bkk Post.

"Dance till you drop until 4am., unlike anything you'll ever find in Bangkok.

Enjoy Singapore's hottest clubs and hippest pubs from a different perspective."

Changed time's indeed ! :D And this, from a government bank ! :o

Naka.

Edited by naka

Of course you can find places to drink and dance after 4 if you know where too look. You can also find drugs and underage prostitutes if you know where too look... The point is why not go where the activities you enjoy are legal!

Of course you can find places to drink and dance after 4 if you know where too look. You can also find drugs and underage prostitutes if you know where too look... The point is why not go where the activities you enjoy are legal!

Scott you are completeley missing the point here,

People that want to go out drinking and dancing after 2am don't have to be the same ones looking for DRUGS and UNDER AGED PROSTITUTES do they. :o

The reason that Singapore is getting many Thais as tourists at the moment is because they promote the fact that you can party all night (but nobody in their right mind would do drugs there). There are many affluent Thais and Ex-pats that WANT to spend their money partying all night... now they cannot do it as you say "legally" in BK.. however the places that I have partied late in BK have always had a police presence there condoning it.. so is it illegal or not??

I think you mentioning under age prostitutes was totally irrelevent.... they can be found almost anywhere in the world, as can be drugs if you search for them at the peril of getting arrested during your quest.

The reason that Singapore is getting many Thais as tourists at the moment is because they promote the fact that you can party all night (but nobody in their right mind would do drugs there). There are many affluent Thais and Ex-pats that WANT to spend their money partying all night

Having lived in Singapore until very recently, and on the basis of my frequent business visits (one week a month), I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of occasions I have met affluent Thais out partying.

Bangkok bar workers and freelances heading for Orchard Towers, yes. Affluent Thais out at the clubs and late night bars... hardly ever.

So what exactly are the bank promoting? Credit Cards and flights.

You can still drink & dance till after 4 in BK if you know where to look.

Errr ... We're talking about Tourists ... not Locals, Tourists normally do'nt know

where to look.

The problem is that tourists don't and think everywhere closes at 2am

Yea ... that's right, pretty obvious isn't it ... sheesh !

Did you know where to party the first time you came to Thailand ... or the 2nd

or the 3rd or the ....................... ? :o

Naka.

Edited by naka

How the times have indeed changed..

:o

Well, they have indeed and a great thing to finish your night with a breakfast around 6:00 am.

Than, of course, in Bangkok one has an excuse for an early night home.

How the times have indeed changed..

:D

Well, they have indeed and a great thing to finish your night with a breakfast around 6:00 am.

Than, of course, in Bangkok one has an excuse for an early night home.

Bring back the old Thermae - staggering out into blinding light at 6.30am.....Ouch.

Strangely, I never once saw David Attenborough in there with a film crew.

Could've topped the ratings with a that one. :o

I have never understood why the bars and clubs suddenly had to start curtailing their opening hours anyway. Back in the 1990's it was easy to find places open most of the night...why did it change ? I mean , what is the govt's thinking behind all this ?

The reason that Singapore is getting many Thais as tourists at the moment is because they promote the fact that you can party all night (but nobody in their right mind would do drugs there). There are many affluent Thais and Ex-pats that WANT to spend their money partying all night

Having lived in Singapore until very recently, and on the basis of my frequent business visits (one week a month), I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of occasions I have met affluent Thais out partying.

Bangkok bar workers and freelances heading for Orchard Towers, yes. Affluent Thais out at the clubs and late night bars... hardly ever.

I'd agree with GuestHouse - can't remember meeting any well-heeled thais partying here. It is funny, though, to think of Singapore as a party town, compared to Bangkok.

ourmanflint puts it quite nicely:

Whatever all the "insiders" say it really is a sad indictment of Thailand and Bangkok especially that "boring and clean" Singapore is the place to go if you want to party!!![/quote]

I have never understood why the bars and clubs suddenly had to start curtailing their opening hours anyway. Back in the 1990's it was easy to find places open most of the night...why did it change ? I mean , what is the govt's thinking behind all this ?

Think yourself lucky, as a lot of bigwig ministers wanted the bars closed at 10pm (open 6pm) at the time - 4/5 years back. It was Mr Thaksin who came up with 12pm/1am as a compromise. :o

I read a magazine article that many Thais were "Living it up" at the weekend in Singapore because they could not do so in BK.

That is where my information came from..if I am wrong and Affluent Thais are NOT going to Singapore to party..then what can I say, I was miss-informed.

You certainly need a lot of money to live it up at night there..drinks are many times more expensive than in BK

I appologise for giving anybody a bum steer... now where is that magazine............?

It would seem they want to protect the morals of young Thai people.

And the Politicos, Police etc. etc. are setting them an example ? :o:D:D

Naka.

It would seem they want to protect the morals of young Thai people.

And the Politicos, Police etc. etc. are setting them an example ? :o:D:D

Naka.

Very strange Naka... but very TRUE :D

A freind of mine currently resident in Singapore with his Thai wife, has mentioned on several occasions, that this year there seems to be more and more well to do Thais in Singapore for a weekend.

My guess is that like nightclubs in Bangkok, this is another fashion fad and will soon pass as they all do.

I read a magazine article that many Thais were "Living it up" at the weekend in Singapore because they could not do so in BK.

That is where my information came from..if I am wrong and Affluent Thais are NOT going to Singapore to party..then what can I say, I was miss-informed.

You certainly need a lot of money to live it up at night there..drinks are many times more expensive than in BK

I appologise for giving anybody a bum steer... now where is that magazine............?

No, no Pauly. just because I have not seen any don't mean they don't exist. As a married man with kids I am hardly a credible commentator on the state of bars and nightclubs in Singapore.

A freind of mine currently resident in Singapore with his Thai wife, has mentioned on several occasions, that this year there seems to be more and more well to do Thais in Singapore for a weekend.

My guess is that like nightclubs in Bangkok, this is another fashion fad and will soon pass as they all do.

doubt it is for the bars ..... shopping on the other hand .... bought a 60 gig IPOD in Sing ... the savings covered my flights and hotel stay