Looking for condo cheaper than 10 000

Solila

Hello, all! I will come to chiang mai with my 5months old son on the 1 of October for 3 or 6 months.

We are looking for condo cheaper than 10000 b.(better if it will be 5000-6000))). I need good wi-fi (cause I should work by the Internet), big supermarket or mall near the place(cause I won't take car or motorbike), restaurants and cafes. It's will be perfect if there not shower, but bathtub. Besides we need kitchen!

Thank you for any advice!

It is going to be difficult to find a place with a real western kitchen for 10,000 baht or less per month. Most westernized apartments are owned by westerners and are in condo buildings, and they usually, but not always, want a lease for at least six months to a year.

From what you are describing, I think you want a separate bedroom, and you should expect to pay in the neighbourhood of 15,000 baht a month.

• Like 1

8 km Outside the City on the Doi Saket road ,you could get a small house ,two bed ,Western kitchen ,3 a/c ,internet extra for B8,000 a month .Thats what i get for the house i rent out in a gated community with a pool .I only rent out though for a minimum of 6 months .Within the City you will pay more especially for short term like one or two months .

• Like 1

It is going to be difficult to find a place with a real western kitchen for 10,000 baht or less per month. Most westernized apartments are owned by westerners and are in condo buildings, and they usually, but not always, want a lease for at least six months to a year.

From what you are describing, I think you want a separate bedroom, and you should expect to pay in the neighbourhood of 15,000 baht a month.

Thank you)

I don't need separate bedroom, it could be studio.

I'm not sure that you understand me correct - kitchen may be with out stove, just refrigerator and sink. I'm going to by multicooking or smth like this.

Hope to find smth fit to me)))

8 km Outside the City on the Doi Saket road ,you could get a small house ,two bed ,Western kitchen ,3 a/c ,internet extra for B8,000 a month .Thats what i get for the house i rent out in a gated community with a pool .I only rent out though for a minimum of 6 months .Within the City you will pay more especially for short term like one or two months .

Thank you for answer)

I hope to find something in the City, because I will be with out car. But the house, that you describe is a pretty good) Except that it rent only for a minimum of 6 months))

We're renting a studio in the night market area which has everything you need but we're paying 17,000 baht a month plus electricity and water. Internet is 500 baht a month but it's not very fast.

Have you seen this: http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estate/apartments-to-rent/newly-renovated-studio-room-on-huay-kheaw-road-242479.html

Edited by mizztraveller

We're renting a studio in the night market area which has everything you need but we're paying 17,000 baht a month plus electricity and water. Internet is 500 baht a month but it's not very fast.

Have you seen this: http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estate/apartments-to-rent/newly-renovated-studio-room-on-huay-kheaw-road-242479.html

Thank you) but it's really expensive for me

Have you looked at the link? It's under your budget at 6,000 baht a month.

Have you looked at the link? It's under your budget at 6,000 baht a month.

I thought, you give the link with the place, you live))

Thank you)))

I would recommend Viewdoi mansion. http://www.viewdoimansion.com/. Location is good, not far from Kad Suan Kaew mall and the Old City. Studio with balcony. Excellent value.5,000 baht a month- the best I found in that whole neighborhood. 2 months deposit. Pay month by month if you wish. Internet service is excellent, and free. Electric 7 baht per unit, water 200 a month. It is popular and sometimes difficult to get a room but well worth it if you can.

The phone number for the building is on the website. If you would like the mobile phone for the owner, email me. I also knows someone who owns many apartments who may be able to help you.

Many thanks!

Have read about this place, that there is bad Internet. May be it is an old information. Will check, when come.

I'll write you, if don't find something good, to take the phone number.

Edited by Solila

Thais usually get a large flat bucket to bath their newborn children.

Alternatively Bann Thai apartments (Bangkok Bank soi) have a very large sink, which you can bath your child, and is only 5200-5400 baht per month for a 24 sq meter room, located on Nimanheimin, and can walk to everything. As for the kitchen, just get a table and an electric wok and put it on the balcony.

The building and rooms are clean and relatively nice with good quality furnishings, large bathroom, fridge, 97 channels of cable tv, internet (good 85% of the time)

There is also a mini Tesco Lotus, 7-11, Pharmacy, and Western breakfast about 1 minute away....

Edited by KRS1

Alternatively Bann Thai apartments (Bangkok Bank soi) have a very large sink, which you can bath your child, and is only 5200-5400 baht per month for a 24 sq meter room, located on Nimanheimin, and can walk to everything. As for the kitchen, just get a table and an electric wok and put it on the balcony.

The building and rooms are clean and relatively nice with good quality furnishings, large bathroom, fridge, 97 channels of cable tv, internet (good 85% of the time)

There is also a mini Tesco Lotus, 7-11, Pharmacy, and Western breakfast about 1 minute away....

Thank you)

here http://www.mrroomfinder.com/na_detail.php?id=1 they wright that the rooms are 32 sqm - that's pretty better, than 24) where is the true!?) will check, when come.

You are going to be frustrated if you try to live in a 24, 28 or even a 32m² room with a small child and hope to cook there as well. It will be a real struggle - don't forget that the room area almost always includes the balcony (which you will need for drying baby clothes) and the bathroom, so once you've got a bed, a desk and a cot in there it will be very tight indeed. To many people this would qualify as an emergency shelter kind of arrangement.

• Like 1

Thank you)

here http://www.mrroomfinder.com/na_detail.php?id=1 they wright that the rooms are 32 sqm - that's pretty better, than 24) where is the true!?) will check, when come.

Room is plenty large enough for a mother and 5 month old child, you can also go month to month here and move later if you choose. This place is close to the main road and not in some hard to find back street. Traffic is only bad before 9am and after 430 pm. But you can avoid it if you know which way to go, most dont so call it a congested area. You can cut through Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall, and avoid traffic completely.

Half the people there are non thai and everyone including the staff are very friendly, speak good english and respectful.

Bring your own sheets and pillow cases, they are expensive in thailand. The cool season is coming and you will not need ac, but may want to purchase a fan for 350 baht.....18,xxx to move in total.

Two more alternatives are One Plus Condo and Punna (3 locations, niman, suthep, huaykaew)...about 3k baht more, 10 sqmeters bigger, but 3 times less convenient. Punna on Niman is right across the street from Baan Thai and has larger rooms for correspondingly higher cost, privately owned but rented out by the office 10-14k.

There is also Hillside 2 on Niman, and Hillside 4, Trio and Nakorn Ping on Huay Kaew road. All above 8k baht, and not as convenient. If you see an advert for PP, dont waste your time since you are a single mother. (sorry PP owners but lets show compassion instead of profit)

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

You are going to be frustrated if you try to live in a 24, 28 or even a 32m² room with a small child and hope to cook there as well. It will be a real struggle - don't forget that the room area almost always includes the balcony (which you will need for drying baby clothes) and the bathroom, so once you've got a bed, a desk and a cot in there it will be very tight indeed. To many people this would qualify as an emergency shelter kind of arrangement.

Now I live in apartment 30sqm. With separate kitchen(about 5sqm). It is really small, but ok for me and my son)

im sure huay kaew residents fits the bill for you,check it out,or maybe hillside 4 a bit further down the road.quite a few cheapie places on huay kaew road,or even up in to nimman.

I have heard that in huay kaew residents bad Internet.

Anyway thanks for advance!

Room is plenty large enough for a mother and 5 month old child, you can also go month to month here and move later if you choose. This place is close to the main road and not in some hard to find back street. Traffic is only bad before 9am and after 430 pm. But you can avoid it if you know which way to go, most dont so call it a congested area. You can cut through Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall, and avoid traffic completely.

Half the people there are non thai and everyone including the staff are very friendly, speak good english and respectful.

Bring your own sheets and pillow cases, they are expensive in thailand. The cool season is coming and you will not need ac, but may want to purchase a fan for 350 baht.....18,xxx to move in total.

Two more alternatives are One Plus Condo and Punna (3 locations, niman, suthep, huaykaew)...about 3k baht more, 10 sqmeters bigger, but 3 times less convenient. Punna on Niman is right across the street from Baan Thai and has larger rooms for correspondingly higher cost, privately owned but rented out by the office 10-14k.

There is also Hillside 2 on Niman, and Hillside 4, Trio and Nakorn Ping on Huay Kaew road. All above 8k baht, and not as convenient. If you see an advert for PP, dont waste your time since you are a single mother. (sorry PP owners but lets show compassion instead of profit)

Thank you!

I'm not sure, I understand you correct about PP. What did you mean?