Rihanna sex show tweets put ball in Thai police court

webfact

Phuket Viral: Rihanna sex show tweets put ball in police court
Phuket Gazette

ri.jpg
Rihanna's social media accounts caused a media firestorm from Instagram posts to tweets about Phuket sex shows. Photo: badgalriri/Instagram

PHUKET: -- Officials were lambasted today after Rihanna tweets about Phuket sex shows went viral.

From Twitter account @rihanna, Rihanna expressed her surprise over a Patong showgirl’s abilities. The tweets have been re-tweeted more than 1,000 times, reported The Nation.

The Rihanna tweets stated: “Either I was phuck wasted lastnight, or I saw a Thai woman pull a live bird,2 turtles,razors,shoot darts and ping pong, all out of her pu$$y” and “And THEN she tried to turn water into coke in her $!! Uhh yea, all I'm saying is water went in and soda came out! I'm traumatized!!!”.

Rihanna fans and Thai people across the nation rallied behind Rihanna after the tweets went viral, many placing the blame of the potential bad image created of Phuket and Thailand in the hands of officials.

The support of Rihanna stands at opposite ends with the Thailand's reaction to a Lady Gaga tweet about wanting to buy a fake Rolex in Bangkok in May, which led to the Commerce Ministry's Intellectual Property Department filing a complaint with the US Embassy.

“We cannot blame her [Rihanna]. What she said is true. You can easily find it [sex shows] as you just walk around Silom or Khaosan Road. So now when someone brings the issue up, some people start to get upset. It is not because I do not love my country, but it is because I look at it [sex shows] as the reality. This problem should be fixed at the root,” commented ThE-bOy on popular Thai forum Pantip.

Weerawit Kurasombat, president of the Patong Entertainment Business Association (PEBA), concurred with many online comments that the underlying issue was corrupt officials.

“Our members are against sex shows. However, it is possible for these ping-pong bar shows to continue because police are paid under the table to allow it to happen,” Mr Weerawit said. “Officers refuse to take action against them because of the money they are paid.”

Rihanna's stay in Phuket after her performance in Manila on Thursday had already led to a media firestorm focusing on photos of her with a slow loris, a protected species, on Soi Bangla.

Additionally, Rihanna's Instagram account showed a photo of a piece of fan material to be autographed, which she said was handed to her at immigration.

“Gave the immigration guy my passport and he handed me this in return without a word! Lol #thailand,” Rihanna wrote.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Viral-Rihanna-sex-show-tweets-put-ball-in-police-court-22322.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-24

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Weerawit Kurasombat, president of the Patong Entertainment Business Association (PEBA), concurred with many online comments that the underlying issue was corrupt officials."

Heil. heil .heil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we have 1 NON-CORRUPT OFFICIAL in Thailand.

This should boost the tourist numbers.

I feel astounded that a profession such as ping pong girl, which requires the skills and training of a professional athlete is malined and outlawed in Thailand. A job that is novel, popular and a benefit to the tourist industry. When a job that requires no skills, training or education such as jet ski thug is considered a noble trade.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

Who the hell is Rihanna? Am I supposed to be interested?

I was of the same thoughts and had to google her after a previous thread was posted. Apparently she is the female version of Justin Bieber and has a pre puberty and young adolescent following.

First things First! I'm NOT a FAN of this Rihana thing, but everyone in this world has their own opinion and they have their own freedom of expression!

Let me ask these so called intelligent police and thais a very one simple QUESTION: "Whatever Rihanna says... are those lies? or isn't true? or she's just making those up?" so if she's liar then go sue her.. but! if all of those are true! then sue your faces!!! "BITCH PLEASE!!!

You can't sue anyone who's just telling the truth! its just a simple Math! 1+1 = 2

THAI: "We are very mad! you tell the truth to the world"

POLICE: "Yes we will sue you! because have exposed our bread and butter!"

There are many dumb people in the world: Pros - They made us laugh ; Cons - They look stupid

wai.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by pcgeekz05

OMG, she is making up lies and trying to destroy the good image that Thailand presents to the world.

She (Rihanna) is actually committing a very serious offence in Thailand that has seen Thai's arrested and imprisoned. Posting negative comments about Thailand on social media is considered a crime under in Thailand more serious than pressing the like button.

Good this it's a high profile person doing it then. Not so likely that it will be done quietly.

OMG, she is making up lies and trying to destroy the good image that Thailand presents to the world.

She (Rihanna) is actually committing a very serious offence in Thailand that has seen Thai's arrested and imprisoned. Posting negative comments about Thailand on social media is considered a crime under in Thailand more serious than pressing the like button.

AYFKM? get a clue.

Good this it's a high profile person doing it then. Not so likely that it will be done quietly.

Is she high profile tho, or just well known amongst children for her pop songs? How many had actually heard of her before? I certainly hadn't until she made the news on Thai Visa.