Plodprasop: Floods 'under control'

webfact

Plodprasop has a credibility quotient on par with Thaksin and Chalerm. It must be an endemic affliction here in Thailand: VIP who say the opposite of what is true. Perhaps we can call it 'Siamese Gohokism'. I'm not sure if it's hereditary, but it seems to catch on to other who hang out with those who are afflicted.

If you want to know the truth, then take anything that Plodprasop, Thaksin or Chalerm state in public, and turn it 180 degrees.

• Like 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no symphathy whatsoever for most of those people now being hit by floods. They are mostly PTP supporters, hence directly or indirectly voted for Mr Plodprasop, a guy with no relevant expertise whatsoever, a guy who believes floods can be avoided with "water pushing machines", and who does not need or take any advise from foreign engineers or flood experts.

So to you guys now sitting in your flooded houses in the central, east and north east provinces. Most of you got exactly who you voted for, and now your house is flooded - again.

Next time I suggest you ask Yingluck to hire some experts with engineering degrees for technical jobs like flood prevention. In the meantime, have fun with the water :-)

Complete and utter bull- dung!

They get flooded every year, because no matter what party rules, no one gives a f$#@ about the subject!

Many politicians, from all parties, since forever had the chance to make a difference and they didn't!

Because their villas and condos and estates are not the ones that drown in 1,5 meter of liquid feces ...and if they were, they would just move somewhere else!

Have some empathy <deleted>, even you are in love with Abisith!

He would not make anything different!

Now that they have Yingluck in power, they seem to be able to get at least some of what they want, the rice scam as an example, so why do they not block a street and insist Mr. Plodprasop is replaced with an expert in flood prevention? Not to mention the rest of the government, most of whom have a red t-shirt or a last name as the only qualification for their job.

It seems to me they do not care what the government does, as long as they get some free cash. Well, they got the free cash, and now the government gives them lots of free water too :-)

...and if you gloat about that, you are sad human being!

Following your logic, what about the many people who did not vote PTP...and are flooded nonetheless?

And do you believe, the people who voted PTP did so, to p1$$ everybody off, deliberately?

What would YOU do, if you are not given a flying frog about and someone suddenly comes along and promisses you a better life?

Especially, if you did not get the education to make neither heads nor tales of those promises?

And again: do you believe, we would be looking at a different scenario now, with another-color- government?

May I remind you of the abysmal reaction to the exact same situation in 2011, by a Democrate governor of Bangkok?!

I bet you forgot about that...or do you just wear yellow/blue'ish and slightly rosey glasses?

Edited by DocN

The In Channel news at midday reported that the last government figures said 21 provinces are experiencing flooding and 160,000 households are affected.

Glad to know it's under control as I can't imagine the figures if it wasn't.

All Hail Plod.

Makes you wonder when they say it is all under control. Does that mean they have the water right where they want it?

• Like 1

I have no symphathy whatsoever for most of those people now being hit by floods. They are mostly PTP supporters, hence directly or indirectly voted for Mr Plodprasop, a guy with no relevant expertise whatsoever, a guy who believes floods can be avoided with "water pushing machines", and who does not need or take any advise from foreign engineers or flood experts.

So to you guys now sitting in your flooded houses in the central, east and north east provinces. Most of you got exactly who you voted for, and now your house is flooded - again.

Next time I suggest you ask Yingluck to hire some experts with engineering degrees for technical jobs like flood prevention. In the meantime, have fun with the water :-)

They get flooded every year, because no matter what party rules, no one gives a f$#@ about the subject!

Many politicians, from all parties, since forever had the chance to make a difference and they didn't!

Because their villas and condos and estates are not the ones that drown in 1,5 meter of liquid feces ...and if they were, they would just move somewhere else!

Now that they have Yingluck in power, they seem to be able to get at least some of what they want, the rice scam as an example, so why do they not block a street and insist Mr. Plodprasop is replaced with an expert in flood prevention? Not to mention the rest of the government, most of whom have a red t-shirt or a last name as the only qualification for their job.

It seems to me they do not care what the government does, as long as they get some free cash. Well, they got the free cash, and now the government gives them lots of free water too :-)

Following your logic, what about the many people who did not vote PTP...and are flooded nonetheless?

And do you believe, the people who voted PTP did so, to p1$$ everybody off, deliberately?

What would YOU do, if you are not given a flying frog about and someone suddenly comes along and promisses you a better life?

Especially, if you did not get the education to make neither heads nor tales of those promises?

And again: do you believe, we would be looking at a different scenario now, with another-color- government?

May I remind you of the abysmal reaction to the exact same situation in 2011, by a Democrate governor of Bangkok?!

I bet you forgot about that...or do you just wear yellow/blue'ish and slightly rosey glasses?

Please note that I specifically excluded those not in support of PTP/Plodprasop. They are simply victims of their neighbours poor decisions.

True, the lack of education, means they are not able to distinguish good from bad, but then they should perhaps leave the voting to someone who is? This is the same reason children are not allowed to vote. And no I do not know if things would have been different with a democrat government - did I say that?

It still does not explain why they only demand free cash (for themselves), instead of demanding ministers who are experts in their fields - or both.

And do not forget, when someone does come around the village to try and educate the villagers a bit by explaining what is wrong with the PTP promises, or if some scholar explains that in a newspaper, then they are usually attacked one way or another. Seems to me the villagers do not want knowledge, they are happy with the herd mentality - and the free cash :-)

"All relevant agencies have been instructed to set up coordination centres in order to implement measures and handle emergencies - which will be overseen by a centre set up at Government House."

so are we to assume that until they hear from K. plodprasop, they just sit there and do nothing? or is this just a really stupid thing to say?

Floods 'under control'

He means..... "It has stopped raining....... for now"

When thai officials say: under control, it means: out of control, pictures and videos on the news don't lie coffee1.gif

"pictures and videos on the news don't lie " - possibly the top contender for this threads naivety award?

Soon they will get a high speed train that they cannot afford to ride, and which will be so costly both to build and operate, that it will take even more resources away from schools, hospitals and other stuff that benefits the poor.

At least the villagers cannot say they were not warned, as lots of people have warned against it, including some of their own. Yet the PTP supporters have not even bothered to ask the PTP to see a budget for the construction and operation of the high speed trains. Nono, if the PTP says it is good, then it must be good. The PTP also says the floods are under control, so it must be true - right? Well, at least I hope they build the trains on pillars, so it can get through the floods :-)

• Like 1

large parts of what is now Thailand have for hunderds of years existed partly due to the benefits of fertile flood plains to grow rice etc......now by overdeveloping these plains and trying to build industry and housing where there should be fields and paddies they have shat in their own nest annd are reaping what they sew.....or didn't sew as it happens.....

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

...aside from this, all other problems have also been solved while we were sleeping, as well. Oil spill (as seen by satellite) has magically disappeared. How many goofballs actually believe what they read in this part of the world? lol. My canadian friend likes the russian news...he says they are pretty accurate, because the government won't put up with bad reporting (really?). Ok, I don't like Fox or CNN either... but I wonder who the fk is buying newspapers here, to catch up?

The emporer could be stark b*******k naked on national TV and every front page of the newspaper, and most journalists here wouldn't have the balls to point it out, even the female one's.

But if the lady PM was completely starkers on TV...

I think that might not go uncommented upon.

Oohh, I think it would be commented and certainly by me

"All relevant agencies have been instructed to set up coordination centres in order to implement measures and handle emergencies - which will be overseen by a centre set up at Government House."

so are we to assume that until they hear from K. plodprasop, they just sit there and do nothing? or is this just a really stupid thing to say?

Their job description is: always paint as rosy a picture as possible - on events which might impair the popularity quotient of the government. If the flood comments seem stupid and irresponsible, wait until Thailand goes nuclear, and there's a serious breach.

large parts of what is now Thailand have for hunderds of years existed partly due to the benefits of fertile flood plains to grow rice etc......now by overdeveloping these plains and trying to build industry and housing where there should be fields and paddies they have shat in their own nest annd are reaping what they sew.....or didn't sew as it happens.....

The Shinawatre clan is one of the biggest controllers of real estate in Thailand. They're masters at buying land dirt cheap from peasants, then covering it in cement and asphalt. Sealed land doesn't soak water, but they don't care. That's a problem for the suckers further down the hill. All the Shinawatres care about is amassing money.

Plod in Chiang Mai earlier this year...

It's hard to take this ego-maniacal man seriously when you look at his past performances.

• Charged to appear in court last april in connection with permitting shipping of 100 tigers to China.
  • Dresses up a a Lana King stripped to the waist at an international conference on water management....a conference described as "globally important" and his actions questioned as inappropriate.
  • Goes swimming in sea at K.Samet to "prove" water wasn't polluted - when a couple of days later it turns out it was.....
  • Insults and threatens to arrest those who disagree with him......
  • Makes patronising comments questioning the patriotism of his opponents

the worrying thing is that he seems continually to get away with it.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Monkeycountry: "Please note that I specifically excluded those not in support of PTP/Plodprasop. They are simply victims of their neighbours poor decisions.

True, the lack of education, means they are not able to distinguish good from bad, but then they should perhaps leave the voting to someone who is? This is the same reason children are not allowed to vote. And no I do not know if things would have been different with a democrat government - did I say that?
It still does not explain why they only demand free cash (for themselves), instead of demanding ministers who are experts in their fields - or both.
And do not forget, when someone does come around the village to try and educate the villagers a bit by explaining what is wrong with the PTP promises, or if some scholar explains that in a newspaper, then they are usually attacked one way or another. Seems to me the villagers do not want knowledge, they are happy with the herd mentality - and the free cash :-)"

So, let me get that straight: for centuries they are denied education - by the likes of you and your knuckle dragging friends- and now you want deny them to vote...because they are not educated enough? Very convenient, isn't it?

And instead of making their education better, so their life may get better...you send some "lecturers" in, when their life (subjectively) got better...and explain to them, why it is not?

You have no clue, what you are talking about!

...or even worse: you have!

I would love to see the people in all the areas north of BKK do a "community project" building flood walls and sluice gates to force all the flood and runoff waters directly to BKK. The message has always been - "Protect BKK at all cost, and to hell with the provinces". Yea, well, all the provinces should join together to say - "Protect the provinces, and to hell with BKK!"

Yeah right!

That is what we should do!

Because it is clearly Somchais fault in Bangkok, that some politicians are too dumb to find their own @$$ for sh1tt1ng in the dark!

Let's flood Bangkok...they all deserve it!

Based on both attitude and culture here the flooding of Bangkok may be the only avenue open to provincial people in order to get their attention. It has been clearly demonstrated that the powers that be do not give a dam (no pun intended) regarding the fate of the people who reside outside their precious Bangkok or foreign invested industrial estates.

Please note that I specifically excluded those not in support of PTP/Plodprasop. They are simply victims of their neighbours poor decisions.

And do not forget, when someone does come around the village to try and educate the villagers a bit by explaining what is wrong with the PTP promises, or if some scholar explains that in a newspaper, then they are usually attacked one way or another. Seems to me the villagers do not want knowledge, they are happy with the herd mentality - and the free cash :-)

Sadly you are rite those who voted against the PTP are innocent victims. The same as all the citizens who died in Hitlers war. All innocent just dead because of some one else choice.

Interesting he talks about the flood in Bangkok being the Democrats fault. He fails to mention that it was the PTP who allowed all the other provinces to get flooded to the point where the water had no other place to go. Many of the voters who elected them received their education from Thaksin's government. All previous governments are responsible for the lack of education. That includes this one.

How many false promises of a better life before the population wakes up and sees what a load of garbage they have elected.

• Like 2

prop plod.jpg propplod.jpg

The only thing this man gives a dam about is Mae Wong (and she isn't a Hong Kong movie star).

Yes.....Mae Wong.....off topic, but as this dolt is so adamant it's going to happen.......one has to think of his

interest in this particular project.....there's a lot of old growth forest....great areas for developement....

This guy is bad......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The idea that Thailand will stop flooding 100% is impossible. But, having this lot pronounce on Monday, don't worry, to be followed by huge floods on Tuesday is insulting.

• Like 2

Monkeycountry: "Please note that I specifically excluded those not in support of PTP/Plodprasop. They are simply victims of their neighbours poor decisions.

And do not forget, when someone does come around the village to try and educate the villagers a bit by explaining what is wrong with the PTP promises, or if some scholar explains that in a newspaper, then they are usually attacked one way or another. Seems to me the villagers do not want knowledge, they are happy with the herd mentality - and the free cash :-)"

So, let me get that straight: for centuries they are denied education - by the likes of you and your knuckle dragging friends- and now you want deny them to vote...because they are not educated enough? Very convenient, isn't it?

And instead of making their education better, so their life may get better...you send some "lecturers" in, when their life (subjectively) got better...and explain to them, why it is not?

You have no clue, what you are talking about!

...or even worse: you have!

I did not say anything about who should be allowed to vote, and who should not, I said that if one has no clue what one is voting about, then it might be better to not vote at all (voluntarily). I then also wondered why a grown up who knows nothing is allowed to vote, but a 17yo with good education/knowledge is not? But yes, I do think the western voting system is unsuitable for Thailand - and many other 3rd world countries.

The problem with the western voting system is that you can have 4 people. A professor and 3 idiots all voting if they should kill the last few chickens and eat them, or if they should wait till they lay some eggs and sell them to buy more food. Unfortunately the 3 idiots vote to kill the chickens and so they all 4 die of hunger.

Similarly, when I was a child, my mom did not let my siblings and I vote on whether we should spend my moms salary and max out her credit card to buy icecream. She understood the long term impact of doing that, while my siblings and I did not even know nor care where the money was coming from (does that sound familiar)?

Reg. sending in lecturers, what is wrong with that? If I had to vote for something I had no clue about, then I would very much like to listen to someone from both camps, before making my decision. No matter how little education I had, I would never choose to throw out one of the camps before I even heard what they had to say.

I completely agree with improving education. In fact I think it is the most important thing in Thailand today, way more important than high speed trains and rice scams. Improved education would not only improve peoples skills and thereby salaries and the BNP, it would also improve democracy and reduce corruption. In short, improved education would over time solve most of the problems Thailand faces today - including floods.

Edited by monkeycountry

It's hard to take this ego-maniacal man seriously when you look at his past performances.

• Charged to appear in court last april in connection with permitting shipping of 100 tigers to China.
  • Dresses up a a Lana King stripped to the waist at an international conference on water management....a conference described as "globally important" and his actions questioned as inappropriate.
  • Goes swimming in sea at K.Samet to "prove" water wasn't polluted - when a couple of days later it turns out it was.....
  • Insults and threatens to arrest those who disagree with him......
  • Makes patronising comments questioning the patriotism of his opponents

the worrying thing is that he seems continually to get away with it.

Mae Wong is hardly "off topic" as it is one of Plodprasop's dams that he cosiders (erroneously, most likely) to an important part of his water managment project. So he's to a win/win situation here - if the flooding isn't too bad, he gets the credit, if it is he simply uses it to indicate how important it is to build these dams....of course most this is simply downright fantasy.

post-137786-0-07909600-1380064331.jpg

Plodprasop: Floods 'under control'

When Yingluck's Deputy Prime Minister is finished playing dress up, here's a reality check for Plodprasop

Thai provinces hit by floods, nine dead

BANGKOK, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Nine people have died and more than 1 million have been affected by flooding in Thailand

for fair use, there's more @

http://www.trust.org/item/20130925081250-ybal6/?source=hpbreaking

RIP for those who died in the "under control" flooding

Edited by Tigre101
  • Like 1