kind and friendly couple

kevvy

My wife and I had the same kind of thing from a friend of her brother, my (BIL),(he is the big nummber one coppa in his ampur), he drove us around Chiang mai all day looking at blocks of land for sale, so we took him and his wife n kids out for BBQ dinner, great time had by all, he even called us to see how we are after flying back home, Great people.

Cheers Sanun, and familythumbsup.gif

• Like 2

ive said on here many times, just knock on our farm door and there would be a beer or a nice cup of tea,,,lol

beer for the aussies and tea for the brits,,lol

What you got for this American Jake?smile.png

An AR-15?

Couldnt help it.. lol

Edited by x0r1987
  • Like 2

Great story Kevy, its always good to hear about people helping one another. There are a few travel websites out there that specialize in this type of thing. For those of you who would like to do the same to travelers I would recommend couchsurfing. Great place where I have met many great people.

Cheers to seajai for spreading good karma.

met a lot Australian people and all were very friendly.....

More friendly than most Europeans....

Hey!!

You should had stopped after the first line

Though I agree that Australians are very nice people, I must say I disagree with your second statement.

Though I don't consider my self European, (my parents were European immigrants to the US), and they were very nice people.

I spend a considerable amount of time in Europe,

being to almost every country there,

and I have found most people I have met there to be very nice people.and friendly.

To the OP,

Very nice of you to acknowledge your friends kindness,clap2.gif

Good people attract good people.

I am European....and definitely most European, while still friendly, are not as open welcoming as Australians.

Like I have often seen that Australians offer that someone can stay in their house for a couple of days. In most Europe (with exceptions) you wouldn't do that and you wouldn't accept that invitation as well.....

So in average Australians makes friends faster and openly welcomes new people. While in average Europeans keep more distance.

But of course everything with exceptions .....

ive said on here many times, just knock on our farm door and there would be a beer or a nice cup of tea,,,lol

What you got for this American Jake?smile.png

vic or fosters mate.

met a lot Australian people and all were very friendly.....

More friendly than most Europeans....

Hey!!

You should had stopped after the first line

Though I agree that Australians are very nice people, I must say I disagree with your second statement.

Though I don't consider my self European, (my parents were European immigrants to the US), and they were very nice people.

I spend a considerable amount of time in Europe,

being to almost every country there,

and I have found most people I have met there to be very nice people.and friendly.

To the OP,

Very nice of you to acknowledge your friends kindness,clap2.gif

Good people attract good people.

I am European....and definitely most European, while still friendly, are not as open welcoming as Australians.

Like I have often seen that Australians offer that someone can stay in their house for a couple of days. In most Europe (with exceptions) you wouldn't do that and you wouldn't accept that invitation as well.....

So in average Australians makes friends faster and openly welcomes new people. While in average Europeans keep more distance.

But of course everything with exceptions .....

thanks for the kind words. I think there are kind people all over the world ... aussies are more laid back.

I had a friend visit recently that I had not seen for more than 10 years.

He had got all touchy feely over that time and wanted a hug when we parted ways after a few days.

I would have been more comfy with a handshake, even if it was one of them funny ones with the thumbs intertwined.

Hugs and cuddles are for my daughter.

Oh and the missus sometimes.

• Like 1

Have to laugh when people say people from this country are really friendly and people from that country are rude. Our beliefs are made from our experiences. We dont meet people from all walks of life from each respective country so how can we judge who is better/worse than the other.

In truth the reactions we get from people are probably caused by ours or their preconceptions of what somebody from that country is like.

Why cant we all just get along?biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Have to laugh when people say people from this country are really friendly and people from that country are rude. Our beliefs are made from our experiences. We dont meet people from all walks of life from each respective country so how can we judge who is better/worse than the other.

In truth the reactions we get from people are probably caused by ours or their preconceptions of what somebody from that country is like.

thats pretty spot on, all countries have their own idiosyncracies but that doesnt mean that they are all like that. I have found quite often you can pick someones country of origin by what they say/do. Each country has its good and bad and this will never change, the way people react/treat others is who they are and each person makes it a part of themselves. Some will have the good and some the bad, we can all have a bitch about it but in the end we are what we make ourselves, live and let live.

what about taffs pj.mines a cider.

As a Jock i will drink anything alcoholic as long as there is plenty of it.

Can i stay the night?

• Like 1

wouldn't it be a great place to live if it was true . to just get along .......

good post ...

Why cant we all just get along?Posted Image Posted Image

wouldn't it be a great place to live if it was true .    to just get along .......

good post ...

I smile is good place to start and see what happens no matter where you are.

wouldn't it be a great place to live if it was true . to just get along .......

good post ...

I smile is good place to start and see what happens no matter where you are.

how true mate... a smile goes a long way . and it costs nothing to do.

cheers Jocko