Email

itchybum

Being the technical genius that I am....how do you set up an email account that notifies you by some method, like a little din ding or such, that you have new mail.

And...can this be arranged for several accounts...and...can you get dinged even when not logged into that account ??...presume not but, no harm in asking...can only lose face....and I ain't Thai so WGAFF

On a phone you mean? It is only possible if you are logged in and the phone is connected to the internet. There is an option somewhere in the phone depending on the model..automatic syncing. You need to switch that on so the mobile will automatically sync all data received to your email account. But that is like I said only if you are logged in to your account on the phone. It can be done with as many accounts as you need.

Edited by A1Str8

I use Outlook as my email client on my computer and if you have your computer sound turned on you a ding-dong type sound closely followed by a nice man saying, "You Got Mail." You also get a little visual popup notice if in another program.

Edited by Pib

Thinking about it, I think I'll not bother as seems irrelevant in the long run and cannot open more than 1 outlook account at a time, so pointless really.

Now I'm not talking about logging on the "web" version of an Outlook email account, I'm talking about using the "Outlook software program" on your computer. I have it set up to where it pulls mail from 5 email accounts (ie.., gmail.com and live.com accounts) the wife and I have...easy to setup...and of course we can send email from that Outlook program under any of those 5 email accounts also. I hate using the web version of an email account like gmail, etc.