Looking in Bangkok for AirBag safety vests for Bikers

Addonvalue

Seen a few vids of airbag jackets and vests which have saved bikers' lives and kept them from what could have been severe injuries. Anyone know if these are available in Bangkok? I have a good contact overseas who's offering me a good price but just wanted to check if I can get it locally.

I have a motoair vest one of the better ones list for $450 up to $600 in the U.S

First thing I did was remove the airbag system. It weighs close to 4 kilos just for the metal hardware they use. It made the mesh jacket about 5 degrees hotter. It totally cuts out the air flow needed to keep cool in Thailand. I might have well purchased a good leather jacket till I removed the airbag system.

And quite frankly I really don't think it would do more than burn your body parts up when the bag gets dragged on pavement. That & it is hooked up to the bike to pull the tab to inflate the bag. I thought it was one of the biggest jokes I have ever seen might as well have a seat belt to go with the death contraption, But I bought it for 1000 baht & it needed altering & all I wanted was the mesh jacket & armor. That part was excellent. The metal is real heavy they use to fire the bag & if it scrapes on the pavement it would fry your body parts to the nub. Lots of reviews & no one really knows if it works at all from the reviews. The reviews were also less than stellar. Just sayin........before you buy research it real good.

• 4 months later...